What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/04/03 - Hour 2 (1 Viewer)

Bill MacAdoo

Stunt Coordinator
To be somewhat fair, it's technically been 4 years since CTU was infiltrated by a mole. And agencies like the CTU have to be pretty prime targets for terrorist groups.

I didn't get the feeling that this guy's gear was anything more than him "misusing" CTU equipment. Kinda like surfing the web at work. ;)

Edit: whoops, I see I've re-covered some points others have made. Didn't realize I hadn't read the whole thread before replying. Sorry...

James T

Screenwriter
The mole thing seems old, but the trick is new. The writers moved from situational irony to dramatic irony. Which might help a bit as they can develop more evil a character unlike season one where they just have Nina go evil in the last few episodes and have the audience not knowing the real Nina Myers. There's really not much you can do in CTU other than have a mole or blow up the place real good.

BTW, can someone briefly sum up the first 20 minutes of the show. I missed it.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I still think there was something going on with the kid's girlfriend. I doubt she did the dope right there, but I wouldn't be surprised is she took some out of the bag for later.

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
Jack's going to jump in front of a bullet to save Chase so his daugther can have a stupid boyfriend.

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
Matt - if that thing about the bag of coke really was in the preview, it's uncool not to use spoiler tags.

Spoiler-free is the way to be!

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
To me Chloe getting upset with Tony was just a cheap way to get some exposition out. Tony basically recounted the entire plot up to that point.

I'm not sure the girlfriend did anything with the coke - it would seem odd that she would steal some for herself and then dump Kyle because he had it.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
Boy, everyone sure is believing the mole is really a mole. No way he could be a CTU agent working undercover or something?

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
Chloe is played by the woman who played "Mary Lou" on the the last few seasons of the Larry Sanders show. That show was great, but she was the worst thing on it. Probably because she replaced the fantastic Janine Garafalo (I doubt I spelled either of those names correctly!).

I watched seasons 1 & 2 for the first time on DVD, not this weekly schedule... and found them great. So I'm attributing the slow start to the fact that I'm accustomed to watching the entire season in 5 days!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Remember, in “Midnight Run”, when Charles Grodin howls, “You guys are the WORST bounty hunters EVER!”?

That’s how I feel about CTU…they are the worst Counter TERRORIST Unit EVER!! They keep getting infiltrated easier than a Girl Scout troop.

And, forget for a moment how silly another mole is – why is that huge room with multiple security monitors and computers empty for two hours?? You’re telling me no one goes in there?? It’s not like it’s a basement or something.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
why is that huge room with multiple security monitors and computers empty for two hours??
Are you watching a different show than I am? Did the episodes you watch take place only in that room? Perhaps he is checking in on a regular basis. There is no evidence that he was in there for two straight hours. Also, he may be the main person whose job it is to check on the systems in that room. Aside from the issues of them having another mole, and being able to make unmonitored cell phone calls outside of a building like that, there hasn't been anything wrong with what that guy was doing.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Well, the CTU I've been watching for the past 2 years is usually abuzz with activity. And, editing aside, this guy very much seems to have been constantly monitoring and calling from this "backroom" for the full 2 hours. Alone. If, at any time during the rest of this season we see anyone else "working" in that room, I'll take it back. But, don't count on it. :)

TSpringett

Auditioning
I think the drugs in the toilet
spoiler is a fake or simply misleading. If you think about it, if Salazar's leverage is the bio weapon then his leverage is gone. So I think what is going to happen is the girlfriend made a switch, she saw the drugs, got greedy and snagged it and replaced it with soap or something. Then pretended like she was pissed and left. The parents dump the fake stuff and there after Jack finds out the girl made the switch and they need to find her now.

T.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Can a moderator please remove Matt Stone's post, or SPOILER tag it please?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
No need to tag Matt's post...since I think Todd's theory is more likely. Good thinking, Todd!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I spoiler tagged it. I sincerely apologize. I'm new to the 24 threads, and didn't know that citing the previews required spoiler tags.

Won't happen again.

BTW, also like Todd's theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks