What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/04/03 - Hour 2 (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Dave Bennett-

I agree about the rehash contained in your spoiler. Plus, how the heck is that SO freaking close to their office? No one has the plans to the office? No one ever goes in there? I'm calling crackish.

Why the hell can't Kim do anything anyone tells her to do?!
Because she's an independent free-thinking woman. Well, I'm not sure about the thinking part. That character is starting to rival Jar-Jar for annoyance factor.

Latino Heat? Wha?

Can't find anything on Chloe @ IMDB. Everyone else is listed..

WillG

Senior HTF Member
the mole inside CTU

Yes, we've see it before, but it is being presented in a new way this time and it should be interesting knowing something that the characters don't ahead of time

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
WillG,
That's a good point about knowing something the characters don't but I'm still not a big fan of reusing past plot devices.
Figures the one plot device/character I want them to reuse is nowhere to be seen, and of course I'm talking about Mandy ;)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Chloe is played by Mary Lynn Rajskub. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0707476/
She was on Mr Show for most of the shows and is quite funny if given the right material. I am glad to see her on 24 now, but I dont know how well her style of acting fits into the show. Either way, happy to see her again.

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
These terrorists have some incredible connections to have 3 moles in a counter terrorits unit.

Too much love going on and not enough killing. But I'm telling myself its only two episodes. At least it ended with a neat surprise this time.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Ugh. Not even halfway into it and Kim's arleady getting on my nerves. How old is she, 6?
No kidding! Millions of lives in the balance and Kim is worried about telling daddy about her boyfriend. I didn't think the writers could possibly dumb her character down any further.

They should just skip all this love stuff, put her in the field and make her run.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
As mentioned before, FOX really needs to get another agency to do their previews. They totally spoil the best stuff from the next episode.

Chloe is so annoying! She's going to be a problem in a later episode when she won't comply because someones is "yelling" at her. In my opinion, (this statement is bold) she is more annoying than Kim. At least Kim's got the looks.

The season is picking up. The endings for these episodes have been great but something struck me as odd this episode. The cut-outs to the commercials seem a lot different than last year. For instance, when the dude at the prison started to choke Salazar they cut out right in the middle. Last season, they would have lingered to the point where he lets go and shows Salazar coughing, had a moment of silence or a climax in the music and then cut out. This kind of style was present in all the cut-outs. It seems like they have a new editor or something.

All in all, I think that these first 2 have been weaker than Season 2's (And 1 for that matter) first couple of episodes. They're good but they aren't living up to the high standards set before them. This and Alias seem to have a case of reverse X-files syndrome in which the first 2 seasons are awesome and the 3rd is just good. I'm not giving up though. I will continue to stay faithful to the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
I love 24, I really do. I think the format is a breath of fresh air compared to many other dramas on TV today.

That being said... ANOTHER MOLE INSIDE CTU?!? Are you freaking kidding me? And not only is there another mole, but the dude has a wiz-bang computer & communications set-up in a secret room at CTU? OH BROTHER! :angry:

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
A better effort this time. Doesn't surprise me that Kim would think of herself before the job at all. I mean, can't it wait till tommorrow? There's only like a major crisis going on!! But now, Daddy has a distraction that'll compromise the ability to do his job properly. The Mexican soap opera is starting to get annoying. Hopefully they'll drop a bomb on the place and get rid of that plot thread. As for the idiot teen, timid buddy, bimbo girlfriend(I could have sworn I saw her eyes and nostrils light up when she found the coke), and his sob-story mom(bad actors all), let's hope Salazar sends a Bolivian Death Squad their way shortly. On the plus side, I just about died when Palmer's bro said he wasn't gonna "pull a Sherry", there seems to be something amiss with that doctor friend of the Prez, Chloe's overly sensitive attitude make her destined to be a problem, the "connection" is actually a lower-level staff member at CTU(must be if Kim's telling him what to do), Chase was put in his place, and best of all, we got to see Jack pop a couple of crackheads as the slaughter officially begins...

BTW, doesn't the pace seem faster when there are commercials?? Maybe it's because they have less screen time, as last week's episode really dragged...

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The Bauer body count resumes again! YAY! Anyone gonna keep count on this season? I wanna know if he is going to top his already impressive body count from Season 2. Jack just needs to lay off the smack some more so he gets more psycho...he is more fun that way. We need more "Night of the Jack" style Bauer out here NOW.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It's been fairly low key so far. Not a lot happening.

The family-trio-conflict parallel (father, daughter, boyfriend) between the Bauers and the Salazars is a little obvious. I'm not sure if this will play out at all. Maybe the girl's father will turn on them.

The mole in CTU was odd.
He's been in there for two hours and nobody missed him?

Interesting that Palmer has gone to his brother for his closest advisor as he obviously doesn't trust anyone, but even now they are having trust issues.

I hate to admit it but I'm really hoping that Chase gets whacked. Kim has to have something to be traumatized about.

Actually, the current plot seems to be unravelling. If Jack finds the powder than it's over. I think there's something much bigger going on. Otherwise, they've laid all their cards on the table already.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got it: Doc Anne is really Mandy's mom in deep undercover (with gene therapy to boot)! :D

The girl playing Chloe was also in "Legally Blonde 2" (the DVD just came out this week). I wouldn't discount the possibility that she does have a meltdown having to serve to masters this day in a high pressure situation.

I didn't like the mole being in CTU once again either. It's a cheap way to ratchet up the tension where the bad guys has an advantage in out-positioning Jack and company.

Kim's a brat, 3 years of more schooling notwithstanding. I think she's going to get Chase killed. But if Kim got killed, Jack foreshadowed it with his point that the job cost him his wife Terri.

2 hours into the season, and I almost miss Sherri. Heh. Wayne even uttered her name.

And yes, I wish I didn't watch the previews for the next hour. Grr...damn Fox marketing department!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I got it: Doc Anne is really Mandy's mom in deep undercover
This seems to be the most popular theory I have seen, but somehow, I'm not believing it. When Wayne Palmer was describing what he had see in the "Playbook" it would seem to me that it would have been described a bit more gravely that "It could hurt us" Although, Wayne may not be in full posession on the facts, he would have to know something about Nina for that info to set off flags in his mind

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Let's take a look at the weak link of the show so far. The Mole inside CTU? 3 years have passed, Jack has worked undercover for the past year or so to get to Salazar. How long hAs Salazar been in prison for this Mole to set up shop in CTU?

You would think there would be some kick ass screening that they would require of all potential new employees, especially after Nina. The timeline seems awfully short to get a mole in there over the past few months to free up his brother. It also seems awfully short to engineer a new deadly virus.

We have to see how they flesh storyline this out, but so far its very shaky.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was just kidding!
Concerning moles,
It's probably less difficult to get to someone in an CTU like orgainzation that one would imagine. Look at how the guys work, they probably don't make much money either. Probably for many of them, it only takes a certian amonut of temptation for them to compromise

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I figure people would catch my spoofing of the Alias familial connection (Sydney and her SpyMommy).

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
About the "Secret Room" at CTU, come on folks, it is not like the Mole built that room himself! He's just using it to snoop.
I agree. I'm guessing the guy deals with internal security, and that's why he's in that room on occasion. I still think it's a bit of a stretch for him to be monitoring other cameras though, you'd think internal audits would catch those type of link-ups on occassion. Also, there's no reason to assume he's been there only a few months or was actually placed by Salazar, he could have been bought recently by them. If he'd been there for a while and working for Salazar, he'd have turned Jack over to them, because what could possibly be gained by having Salazar arrested?

As for Chloe, I don't know if she's as bad as Kim yet. It was pretty stupid for her to get whiny with Tony. You got to have a thick skin to work in a place like that, because when things get stressful peopl are going to be less than polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks