What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't they have given Jack some sort of medication to wean him off? It is not as if CTU wouldn't be checking out the health of their agents on a very regular basis.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I almost fainted when I saw that Kim was working at CTU. I can't believe it. If CTU gets blown up by a mountain lion this season I bet it will be Kim's fault. Any takers?
LOL...The mountain lion is the best. Hopefully he'll be prowling the halls of CTU this season.

All in all, I thought it was alright. Not too bad, but not a riveting as last years premier. Should be an interesting season.

JQ

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This was a bit of a letdown for me. Where is Mandy's group? They could have done so much with Mandy's group. I want to see what happened in those 3 years. Where is Sherry? Where is Nina?
That would have been too much. I kind of like how they didn't feel like they needed to rush out and have explosions in the first hour this time.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm still wishing they had moved the show to film in Europe, to track down the masterminds behind season one... Maybe they'll save Europe for the motion picture.
If you're referring to the network that Nina worked for (and which loaned her to the Drazens in season 1), there's nothing to save. According to Palmer's campaign manager/brother, that network has been dismantled and its leader ("Max") has been captured. By setting season 3 three years in the future and slipping in a few references to tie up loose ends (Kate Warner's call, the reference to Max's capture), the writers are telling us that all the old plots and characters have been cleared away. We're into something entirely new. (Which isn't to say that old acquaintances can't resurface at some point or other.)

But I think anyone who's watching season 3 waiting for them to get back to the old characters and plotlines is going to be very disappointed.

M.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
That would have been too much. I kind of like how they didn't feel like they needed to rush out and have explosions in the first hour this time.
True. I guess they're going in a different direction this year. The season 2 premiere was just such an adrenaline rush.

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for me it was a BIG yawn fest. :thumbsdown:

It didn't have anywhere near the excitement of seasons 1 or 2 opening shows. There are way too many loose ends, like Nina being just shoved aside so quick last season. I thought sure she would play a bigger role along the end of season two. It's one of the worst let downs of all. Then don't even get me started on the whole Kim issues working at CTU now. She goes from being one of the dumbest to having the brain cells of someone with at least a Masters degree in computer science, give me a break!!! Now all we know is Jack has a drug problem from working undercover during the last 3 years, yeah right. They stretched credability last year big time with the whole President's cabinate issue and now this. What I mean is quite simple, remember last season how bad of shape he was in on the final show? The guy was barely alive and displayed MAJOR heart symptoms. Now, give someone like that recovering any sort of narcotics and Jack is dead instantly. Totally unbelievable.

Hope things will get better and they bring back some old foes and tie up things in some episodes, otherwise I'll be watching something else. It was a good show, especially season one, but the key word is "was". :frowning:

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Average. Chase is an idiot, Kim and her "tension" with the computer guy(mole) was laughable, Tony and Michelle seem to have lost most of their chemistry (guess that's what marriage does to ya), while the "sinister Mexican drug dealer" plotline seems rehashed from various places. Palmer seems strangely sedated, and the most explosive moment was Jack yelling at his assistant! Ah well, it can only get better from here...

Don Black

Screenwriter
I thought it was hillarious to hear Kim talk about DES encryption.

They producers have to, in some way, bridge the plot lines between last season and this one. I can't imagine they just thought they could sweep it under the proverbial "3 year" rug.

I will be on the lookout for suspicious mountain lions now though. :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
Jack is back, on smack :frowning:

Lots of workplace incest on the set, looks like the government agencies I worked in :frowning:

The missing years - hope none of the 24 Hours crew crossed paths with Sydney Bristow

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
This was only 1/24th of the season fellas... Let's give it a chance..... The show was slow paced for a typical 24, but I think they had to set the table a bit, and (re)introduce some characters tonight....

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
A few things

1)Keifer has said this season will have a lot more action so hold tight. its only episode one and i thought a good set up episode at that

2)Don't know if anyone else caught it BUT did you notice salizars brother will release the virus in only 6 hours? There is going to be more to this season then meets the eye.

3)The skip ahead 3 years does have its advantages. It leaves you wondering what happened. And from what I said above ill bet that we find out a lot more about what happened in the time between seasons 2 and 3

capt

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Does anybody know if FX will be replaying the show this year again? One of my co-workers missed it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so:

Jack is a junkie.

Kim got a brain transplant in the past 3 years, and now has a really bad haircut (I hope we aren't subjected to this new hair-don't all day/season long).

Way too many "relationships" introduced:

Jack and Kate on the outs (probably due to his "unavailability" seen by those who go down the road of being addicted to drugs).

Kim and Chase hooking up (never a good idea to be seeing the boss's daughter if you can help it).

Tony and Michelle all hitched up and trying to make a new life in DC.

Salazar's brother all whipped by his lady.

Palmer's gonna be getting busy with Ann, his doctor (it appears). I caught the vibe in the episode.

Even Chloe and Tony's nerd will probably find a way to get their keyboards-a-bangin'.

----

But it's still better than 90% of what's on TV, so I'll be there for the next 23 hours!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know if FX will be replaying the show this year again? One of my co-workers missed it.
Rumor has it that FX Will Not be showing re-runs this year. Apparently Fox has dis-allowed it. My guess would be fear that the FX Re-runs could potentially cut into Fox's ratings for the 1st run. I personally think it's a bad idea, because you get no second chance to watch. So if you have to be out and your VCR fails or you lose your power during the Episode for some reason, you're out. Personally, I am cringing at the possibility I could miss an episode and have no second chance to see it. It's going to make it a tough viewing experience to try to watch knowing pieces are missing. Ultimately, that could cause FOX to lose viewers.

Frank_M

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I watched seasons 1 & 2 on DVD (By the time we got season 1, season 2 had started so we had to wait) and loved that experience.

This was our first "weekly" experience and it sure will take getting used to. It surely was a slow start, but they did set a lot up.

I think Kim at CTU is good for a few reasons:

1- Maybe she'll actually be somewhat involved in the plot this year?

2 - The people in her CTU position have each died in the last two years. So there's hope.

I also think

that Chase is being clearly shown to us as a potential bad guy. I hope it's just a red herring because it's so obvious. But the evidence is there. I think its possible he slipped something to Salazar when he "grabbed" him in prison. And getting them to be in contact on this day MAY be the explanation as to "why" Salazar picked this day to kill his lawyer. I think it's also possible that Chase somehow tampered with Jack's smack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks