What's new

24: Day 3 - 1/6/03 - Hour 9 (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think its not good for them to rely on bringing Nina back each season to create tension and drama, but I know something good is going to happen.

Maybe they should kill Jack off at the end of this season and make Chase the new main character? Or was that the plan already? I'd like to see Palmer around, but I don't think they should try to make him a primary focus of the show.

The only way the Wayne incident could affect the show enough would be if it somehow got CTU/Jack involved. Perhaps Sherry will hear wind of this and report it to the President's "Big Supporter."

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I don't completely buy Tony's story either. If he had put the information where he claimed, he would have told Kim this when she brought it up. After all, he snapped at her when she asked for the frequency information saying "I already told you" instead of "I sent it to you several minutes ago". Plus it seemed as if asking Kim to help Michelle was unplanned, so why would he already have provided Kim with that info? I think he went and modified the data to make it look like he had covered everything.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I agree. I think Tony/Gael might have covered their tracks on those gaffes. It will be interesting to see how Michelle reacts for the next couple of hours.

The Palmer storyline is last year's Kim story. Bleh. Another excuse to keep a character in the show.

I'd take Kate over Claw-dia any day. What's Jack thinkin'? He still on crack? He also sounded like a whining baby at the end of the episode. Somewhat understandable but it's something I really didn't want to see.

Bob

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite part was Tony exposing Kim as an idiot. I was she was there at the time so we could see the look on her face. Maybe next time they will hire someone more competent at opening resource protocols and sending alternate frequencies to the network.

The Palmer/David storyline better be tieing into the storyline arch somehow. Just because the president doesn't have anything interesting going on is not excuse to fill the episode with soap opera drama.

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
PhilipG--Sorry about that. I usually do TV-related posting at a forum that tries to cut down on overuse of spoiler tags by insisting that anything that's been onscreen (including end-of-hour promos) is fair game once the show's aired; since we have no such policy here, I've corrected that. It wasn't a very specific spoiler, anyway, but it's blacked-out now.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I don't know about "official" policy, but given the nature of the show, and the fact that the previews for 24 are soooo bad about giving stuff away, we've been spoilerizing the previews as long as I can remember.

As for Tony vs. Kim, I also would not be too quick to blame it on Kim, even though we all know she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. For some reason, I had a problem with the way it was written, and the fact that they're obviously trying to stretch the plot into 24 episodes with filler and uninteresting side stuff. I guess I feel more manipulated this season.

//Ken

WillG

Senior HTF Member
BTW

Sherry IS supposed to return at some point. I read something about it in TV Guide

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Can someone refresh my memory on how Nina got out of Prison...again? Was it just because of the pardon?
As someone who is fairly new to the show(catching up on DVD) I dont see how Kim would get a position at CTU because she is just really stupid.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Mikel, early on this season we had multiple discussions on this. Many seem to believe that an associates degree in Computer Science makes her a good computer operator, that plus her daddy got her the job. I don't buy it myself. Neither her nor Chloe have the right personality to handle a place like that.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

She never went back to prison. She was pardoned by Palmer for her info leading to the finding of the bomb in S2

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

I disagree. I'm fairly certain she can feed herself and is toilet trained. So she's definitely higher functioning, I think imbecile would be a more appropriate classification.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to get the impression that 24 returned from it's Christmas hiatus yesterday? Is that so? Are there any late night repeats of it this week?

John Watson

Screenwriter
I really couldn't believe Jack blubbering his way into buying time from the Salazars after the big f*ckup at the auction.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Chase is still hanging in, but Claudia thinks Jack is coming to help her and her family escape.

I don't think so, not in the shape he's in now...BTW When is Jack going to use that cell-phone Claudia got for him?

Personally, back at CTU, I think Michelle is the one going off half-cocked, even if its Kim who didn't check her screen to see the latest. But Tony really had given Kim the wrong code? Anyway, talking about soaps, looks like Tony and Michelle's marriage may be going on the rocks.

But, hey, lighter stuff, did everyone see this last year ?

http://images.somethingawful.com/mjo...mrkillboy1.jpg

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Jack needs to have the virus in hand before calling in the troops. Without the virus, there's no point to doing anything yet.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I think the black coma victim dude that knows Palmer is secretly a Kennedy in diguise. Did you hear his dialect? Pretty funny to listen to.

Plenty O' filler this year, but I still enjoy watching. I've always enjoyed the actor that is playing Ramon Salazar. His work in Desparado was hilareous.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Thanks for the answers, I am more than half way through season 2 and reading FOXs episode guide to catch up on this season.
I am really 24ed!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I don't know, the return of Nina seemed sorta flat to me. I hope it starts picking up real soon, because 24 is quickly falling away as my favorite show on TV, being replaced by, of all things, Arrested Development.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks