24: Day 3 - 1/27/04 - Hour 11

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by John Watson, Jan 28, 2004.

1. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

11 p.m. to Midnight

"You know you can't stop this from falling apart" Nina to Jack.

They're still working on this convoluted deal for reselling the virus, Nina sees thru Jack's game, and Big Bro shoots Hector in the back. (I hope he's dead, what an ugly mean sonofabitch he was).

Chase (can't keep that guy down) is heading back into the fray.

Meanwhile, back at CTU, Chappelle has put Kim in charge of the baby. Didn't he watch the first season?

[​IMG]

Hey, it WAS on this week, didn't anyone watch it?

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm actually starting to like Chase now. He's been pretty enjoyable since the episode that he was captured.

The Chapelle/Chloe/Kim stuff was hilarious.

I saw Ramon shooting Hector from a mile away, but it was still good to see. Looks like Ramon trusts Jack more than he ever trusted his brother.

Overall, not the best episode, but not horrible. Glad to see Sherry bad in play.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

A lot of the episode felt like filler to me, and preposterously so. When did "24" start doing comedy?

At this point, the whole virus storyline has been undermined in its importance, and it's totally become a soap opera. Ah well, bring on the mountain lion!

4. Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes Second Unit

Why Wasn't Sherry Convicted? That seems outrageous that she was not put in Jail, and if Palmer pardoned her, he should have suffered politically.

Chase is clearly unstable, how could they put him back in the field again? Makes no sense.

I guess Kim's babysitting talents are needed a lot more than her CTU skills.

Was the Baby arrival the Shark Jumping moment?

5. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Can someone please fill me in on the first 20 minutes, up until Jack gave Ramon his gun (or vice versa?) with Nina in the room? TIA.

The schism of quality/enjoyment between whenever Jack is on screen and whenever he's not is growing. Ramone vs Hector, the Nina factor, Jack trying to control it... I love that stuff.
    The Palmer line is still interesting, but I've always been one for Machiavelli.
    Anything at CTU is dreadfully stupid and dull.

6. James T

James T Screenwriter

Mike,

Wayne starts off by talking to that guy(is his name Alan?) that's setting up David. He wants him to back off David b/c it's his problem, but the guy won't budge. David picks up the phone and basically repeats what Wayne said, but adds that they're going to war and it ain't gonna be pretty(or something like that). CTU commandos pick up Chase and co., but leave Claudia's corpse behind as Chase is informed that Hector is right behind them. Flash to Jack and Nina, who have been at it for about 10 minutes off screen, and only then does Nina realize that Jack still works for CTU by the way he's acting. Jack then rams the chair to the back of the wall, smashed the chair, picks up the chair's arm and muscles it over Nina's neck, getting her cooperation.

7. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Chapelle dissing Kim was: Funniest. Moment. Of. 24. Evar.

Sherry called it on the head when she told Wayne that it was he who forgot how dangerous Alan was when he started seeing Alan's wife. I'm so happy Sherry's back.

Ramon is "all-in" at this point.

Kim makes a lousy nanny. Watch the second season Chapelle.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Will Gary show up to claim Chloe's baby? [​IMG]

9. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

"Give it to Kim" [​IMG]

Though the highlight of the ep had to be Jack headbutting Nina and his super-speedy escape from the chair.

The one major plot-hole, of course, was why the Salazars didn't kill Jack the moment they had Nina.

10. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

I agree. The CTU stuff is really unneccsary now as they really have little role in what is going on. Hence, the soap opera. The Chapelle/Kim was funny but weirdly out of place. And Chloe has to go.

Question. It's midnight, right? Why is everyone still awake? The President's problem is not pressing. It could wait until morning. The whole idea of having Sherry over right now to fix this is absurd. Not to mention the fact that she's only "five minutes" away. And doesn't anybody eat? I'd love to see someone walking around with a slice of pizza.

Jack is always the best part of the show and they have to get him on the run and in serious danger again.

Aside - I saw in a Kim the actress interview that the cougar actually bit her!

11. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Thanks, James

Which, of course, I missed.[​IMG]

12. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Did anyone else see how about a minute before the episode started, Fox congratulated 24 on its Golden Globe, and then went on to show a preview for the episode that was just about to air? Normally the preview don't bother me because I just avoid them but its ridiculous to put one on right before the show starts.

13. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Not to mention that it's midnight in California. Does everything revolving around the President involve people only on the west coast? Wasn't it during the last hour when they were being notified that they were losing votes? Perhaps the vote is at 8am the next morning, but that would be entirely to convenient. And Sherry is going to be making calls and getting help at this time for what is essentially a personal matter? That's just not going to go over well.

I'd still like to see how or if the president's story line is going to fit in. It seems unlikely that Jack's 24-hour crisis and the presidents' would line up so nicely. First the president had the issue with the girlfriend, which seems to have wrapped up, now this.

I must say that the baby thing has gotten pretty stupid. I can't believe Chloe blamed Kim for getting the baby crying, after all, that's what babies do. Chloe and Kim combined is a bad thing.

I do wonder if this is a sign of Chappelle thinks of Kim though. He doesn't seem to care to much about her feelings.

14. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

That kind of bugs me, too. I understand the need to base the show in L.A. and have the President there, too, but some of the timing is just off for the Pacific Time Zone. I liked that the President's debate was at 5:00 (8:00 Eastern, prime-time network TV), but he was finally holding a press conference about his girlfriend and the emergency that derailed the debate at 9:00 PST, much later than advisors would realistically have had him do it for viewers in the rest of the country.

Last season, they set the post-nuke riots (where the Prez had to send in the National Guard) in Georgia, where it was after 2 a.m. and the majority of the population wouldn't be hearing the news until they woke up. In L.A., the bomb went off at 11:00, right when the local news should be starting and a lot of people are still awake and watching TV, but hardly any panic happened? Weird.

Still, it's the kind of thing--like the characters' beam-me-up ability to defeat L.A. traffic times--that I just let go of to enjoy the ride.

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The President is losing votes in Congress for his health care bill that he wants to pass. Not re-election votes.

16. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

What does that matter? It's like these congressmen are up at 2am their time getting calls from the president's enemy then calling him up to say they aren't voting for his plan? Wouldn't they have notified him in the morning? The fact that someone from congress would act so quickly makes it more unlikely.[​IMG]

17. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

Does Palmer spend any time in Washington? Perhaps I've forgotten but I can't see any reason that he needs to be in LA. It seems his plot thread could be in Washington, but then that would make it 3am!

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Palmer was in LA for the Presidential Debate that he mangled during the virus melee.

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

If the guy who made you what you are (in the way Alan made these congressmen into high-ranking politicians) calls you up in the middle of the night and forces you to change your opinion on a political issue, chances are that you'll respond relatively quickly. Granted, it's midnight at this point, but I don't see how this is an unlikely situation.

Besides not eating/drinking, nobody uses the bathroom.

20. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    They do it during the 13 minutes allotted for commercials, just like the viewing audience. Of course, it's a little trickier to pull off when you are in the middle of a tense cliffhanger moment, but when you gotta go... [​IMG]

Regards,