What's new

24 Custom Art? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Does anyone have a six-disc case custom art for 24? DVDcoverart is down and I'd like to get it.

Brian Cal

Stunt Coordinator
I too would like to find some alternate covers to replace those nasty generic boxes that the screening copies came in.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Please do not "bump" your post. I can understand if a few days have passed, and it's something you're really hurting for, but you didn't even wait 12 hours.

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm hoping someone will create custom art that matches the original packaging prototype. While I can't find a picture of it right now, it looked very similar to the packing for The X-Files. It simply featured the 24 logo on the front and sides, and I still prefer that to the current face shot of Keifer Sutherland.
EDIT: Here's the UK cover art. This is what I'd hoped for, only without the pictures on the front. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24dvd.jpg

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I suppose nude shots of Kim for the front and back covers with a simple "24" on the spine would be asking too much, wouldn't it?
:laugh:

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I just created a cover today from the R1 box, basically using the Keifer half-face shot for the front, the spine for the spine, and the loose paper for the back. It is made for a 6 disc alpha. If you can receive a large e-mail file and would like me to send you one, jet me know. [email protected]
Jimmy!

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I have a custom cover in the works, similar to the premilinary R2 cover art, but in the black/yellow color scheme. If I can find somewhere to post it I'll try put a preview up this weekend

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Matt & Jimmy, I would be happy to host your images. If you want to email them to me, I'll put them on my web site for people to download (until dvdcoverart.com comes back online).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:laugh: Speaking of kim.. have you guys seen the new FHM issue? :eek:
I was way ahead of you guys thouhg.. i had the hots for her since she was on POPULAR MECHANICS FOR KIDS :D

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of kim.. have you guys seen the new FHM issue?
The new Maxim, as well.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Maxim?! :eek: Frick, just when my subscription runs out... MUST GO OUT AND BUY MAXIM!!!
Update: :eek: HOLY CRAP, i just went to the maxim website.. ELISHA CUTHBERT AND MILA KUNIS?! OMGOMGOMG...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Here is Jimmy's 24 cover art. To download it, right click on the thumbnail below and save target as (not save picture as).
Link Removed

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
that's exactly like what the actual box set's cover art is.. aren't we dancing into copyright/trademark violations here?

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Yes, it is exactly the same art as the regular release. However, this you can print out and use as the insert for a six-disc alpha case, which is much more durable (not to mention easier to open) than the cardboard box that was supplied with the discs.

As far as copyright stuff, I would think that any cover that uses any images from the actual product (wether taken from the box or from photos, or anything else) would be equally ... I don't want to use the word "wrong" but nothing else comes to mind. People have been scanning the cardboard cases and converting them to an amaray or an alpha case insert for a long time now. (insert disclaimer: Not saying that makes it legal, if it isn't)

BTW, thanks Andrea for the hosting until DVDCoverArt gets back!

Jimmy!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
By the way, does anyone here work for Blockbuster? They have custom official-looking single disc cover art for each disc. Each is individualized with episode summaries like those in the booklet. Perhaps an employee can borrow and scan?

David Glenn

Second Unit
Is anybody elses case falling apart? It seems they did the folds wrong and it doesn't fit well in the box. Also, one of my digipaks came off the cardboard. I took a closer look and they are being held on by little dots of the gummy glue. I know they got this set out quickly but they did such a shoddy job of manufacturing the packaging.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Is anybody elses case falling apart? It seems they did the folds wrong and it doesn't fit well in the box. Also, one of my digipaks came off the cardboard. I took a closer look and they are being held on by little dots of the gummy glue. I know they got this set out quickly but they did such a shoddy job of manufacturing the packaging.
There was another thread called "24 Lousy/Defective Packaging" I think. Apparently, you aren't the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks