What's new

24/96 Two Channel Digital out on DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Now that a few more DVD-A titles are coming out, does anyone have a list or know which titles have 24/96 two channel tracks. I recently upgraded my Pre to accept 24/96 digital inputs (my DVD player can output 24/96 digital) and have found that my DAD's sound better than the analog output of the player. A search of Ken Cranes (which seems to have the best indication of what encoding disks use) doesn't help. The "Audio only" DVD's are DAD's. There aren't many of those and I have purchased a significant portion of the DAD catalog.
The listing for DVD-A's show 5.1, DTS and sometimes indicate 2 channel. The kicker is what form of 2 channel?
I have queried Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct but haven't received an answer yet.
Thanks.
rw
------------------

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Robert,
Most DVD-A's that have 2 channel tracks are 24/96. Some are not (I've seen some 24/88.2's out there) but most are. The Warner titles seem to be. I have the following:
ELP: Brain Salad Surgery, Natalie Merchant: Tigerlily, Steely Dan: Two Against Nature and The Corrs: In Blue and all, I believe, have two channel 24/96 tracks along with the 5.1 24/96 tracks.
However, with DVD-A discs you will not be able to use the digital out of your DVD-A player. You will have to use the 6 channel analog direct outputs into your 6 channel analog direct inputs of your receiver. For piracy reasons the digital out is not allowed as on DAD's.
And, in order to utilize the full capabilities of a DVD-A disc you need to have a DVD-A player even though DVD-A discs will play on DVD-V only players but in DD or DTS mode.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks