What's new

24/96 Stereo via Digital Coax Connection? (1 Viewer)

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have ANATO so what we need is a third party to jump in.
But what I do know is,I can get 96/24 pcm from Santana-Supernatural. My reciever shows 96KHz on both the 2-channal and the multichannel mix. The question is, what is being sent to the reciever on the multi-channel mix. The same two channel mix or the front left and right of the multi channel mix.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Brian L: be sure to give us a report on how that disc sounds! I wish they could get clearance to put Parson's Edgar Allen Poe tribute album or his Pyramid album on either DAD or HDAD too. They just don't make spacey head-trip music like that anymore. :frowning:

And as part of my ongoing shameless advertising campaign for surround music :D , for Parsons fans his 1996 aeronautics-inspired album On Air is available on 5.1 DTS-CD. Best Buy usually sells this one.

LJ

David Judah

Screenwriter

It is confusing, but what it does, for backwards compatibility, is carry 24/48 @ 1152 kbps and the rest as extension data @ 384 kbps. So, if you only have a regular decoder, it ignores the extension data and decodes 24/48. If you do have DTS 24/96 capability, the decoder combines the two streams for 24/96.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks