What's new

24 5/07 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Frank, I was hoping that that's what they actually did about the bug, and it will be revealed next week. I really hope that they couldn't be that obvious about putting it on the wristband only. It would be smart if that was just done to provide a false sense of security for the Drazens.

I just know Mrs. Palmer will do something delightfully atrocious in the next two weeks. Can't wait!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be extremely interesting if either Nina or Palmer's wife was the mole. It certainly would put an interesting twist on the story.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Anyone else get the feeling that the Alexis in the ambulance was a decoy, and the real Alexis is still in CTU custody? They had his face covered pretty well, and he didn't talk. Just a thought...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
As I've said before, the mole must be somebody high-up at CTU for having access to information on the Drazen prison transfer - or someone who is able to hack that information. That makes it Shappell (sp?) or Milo. If it was Milo it would be a poor choice due to his actions earlier (the fuss made about the keycard). Now the trailer has Nina and Tony looking suspiciously at Mason walking down the steps from Jack's office - but surely Mason is out-of-the-picture for his actions outside the prison with Jack (he had plenty of opportunity to capture Jack, order him away or alert Drazen's son of Jack's presence there). So my money's on Shappell, who's always been pretty hostile towards Jack. The only other possible mole, as I see it, may be the lady (forget her name) who was in temporary command of CTU in the late morning.
As for Mrs Palmer, I hope she catches a bullet for her husband in the last ep. ;)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
If Chappelle (I found the proper spelling at IMDB) is the mole then why would he have refused to let Mason make the prisoner exchange? (Wasn't Mason trying to convince Chappelle on the phone?) Drazen wanted his son back and if Chappelle was calling the shots he would have authorized Mason to do it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm sticking with my earlier prediction:
I think the betrayer is Walsh, Jack's former boss who gave him the assignment, told him there was a mole a CTU, and told him to trust Jamey. I think his death was faked, and Jack didn't catch on to the deception because he was under fire and distracted. Walsh may have a confederate still operating at CTU (could be Milo, could be the blond), but I think he's been pulling strings behind the scenes all along.
And if I'm wrong, it'll be even more entertaining. :)
M.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
If Chappelle (I found the proper spelling at IMDB) is the mole then why would he have refused to let Mason make the prisoner exchange?
Chappelle may not have had the final word in this either.
Alternatively, Milo could be the mole, but controlled by Palmer's shady ex-business-pal whatshisface, who is tapping into the same surveillance system Jamie set up earlier (reactivated by Milo).
[Twilight Zone]
Unless (and here's a far-out twist) the target isn't Senator Palmer. It's Mrs Palmer. Senator Palmer, who's always been more than helpful in keeping Jack on the case, is in colaboration with Drayzen. Drayzen found out that Palmer was head of the committee in search of him, and bribed Palmer, promising to fund his Presidential campaign; all Palmer had to do was send Jack's team into a trap and fake Drayzen's death. Drayzen was later captured by a different team, out of Palmer's control (though he did manage to keep a lid on the prisoner's identity). Palmer's wife recently found out about some/all of this, and so Palmer arranged for her assassination - his wife's death, an apparent mistake on the shooter's part, would boost public support for his election. In return, Palmer told Drayzen's sons where to find Jack's family, and where Drayzen sr. was being held captive.
It sort of makes sense. ;)
[/Twilight Zone]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Michael, if you're right

Why did Walsh say there was a mole in the first place? It only serves to alert Jack of the danger. If the objective was to frame Jack for Palmer's murder, all that was ever needed was to get Jack to put on the earpiece and follow Ira's instructions. Ira went to great pains to get that keycard back, so why would Walsh give it to Jack in the first place?
And surely the spoiler tags aren't necessary? :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Why did Walsh say there was a mole in the first place? It only serves to alert Jack of the danger.
No, it isolated him from his colleagues, who might have been able to help him as events spun out of control. Not knowing whom to trust, he had to operate alone -- except for Jamey, the one person who should not have been trusted and to whom he went only because Walsh sent him.
It's the Jamey part of Walsh's warning that has prompted me to suspect something was up with him from the beginning.
I think the keycard was an elaborate decoy to keep Jack's attention focused elsewhere while Gaines & Co. maneuvered him into position to take the fall for Palmer's murder.
M.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
But Walsh is confirmed dead, is he not? Meaning he doesn't have access to anything at CTU. So that means he would have to have an accomplice (Milo or the blonde). More likely, I think, that Walsh was told he could trust Jamey by someone he trusted (Chappelle?), and simply passed on the bad info unwittingly to Jack.

On a similar tangent, can we be certain that Jamey slashed her own wrists? Or that Jamey is really dead?

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I think that Mrs. Palmer is in on it... she knows that if David is assassinated, she can jump into his place... very similar to the way that Mel Carnahan's wife (of Missouri) did after he died in the plane crash. She would get elected, guaranteed.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting how the Drazen gang haven't mentioned Palmer at all lately, though I assume that will change in the last 2 hours. Though if it's back to a "kill Palmer if you want your daughter to live" deal, then it'll be lame

Danny R

Supporting Actor
she knows that if David is assassinated, she can jump into his place

I hope thats not it... for one thing because it doesn't work that way. In the real world, Mrs. Carnahan was *appointed* to the position her husband was elected to. This is a somewhat unique attribute relating to the US Senate and the timing of Carnahan's death (1 month prior to nov. election day), that most certainly does not apply for presidential candidates. At that point in the election process, the decision rested with just one person, who could easily have appointed someone else better qualified.

However in "24", we are not at the final november election, but are on primary day. Thus if Palmer won, but was killed, the separate democratic parties of every state he won the primary would have to appoint Mrs. Palmer as his replacement on the ballot. That is an awful lot of people to get to agree on a non-elected person for such an important office. It just wouldn't happen. The candidate that Palmer is currently running against would have a far better chance of getting the eventual nomination than Mrs. Palmer would.

And if the murder had happened that morning, as was originally planned, Palmer's chances of winning the election would have been slim to none. People usually don't vote for an unknown candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks