What's new

"24" 4/9/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
There was NO early feed yesterday...and that's not the first time this has happened with this series. Allegedly there will be a feed this morning sometime and if so, I will have a sneak at tonights episode posted.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ok..I missed the feed..was 90 minutes earlier than usual when delayed. However..the comment regards the episode I read is as follows:

"Another fantastic "24"! The wait was worth it !!!!!"

So..tonight I will actually see it AFTER you all..NYPDBlue HD then a tape replay of 24. Enjoy!!!!

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think this is a spoiler, but I'll tread lightly. The much rumored guest star bad guy will be on next week 4/16 according to my ReplayTV guide. I won't watch the preview for next week, but maybe they'll show it.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
They showed you who the actor is, at least, but don't give any indication of what part he'll play, or how often he'll be featured in the upcoming episodes.
It was another slow episode tonight, which ended predictably. Damn you, Tony. :angry:
I'll admit, they got me on the undercover thing at Frank's place. That should at least keep Kim out of trouble for the next episode, but I guess there's no hope for a "women in prison" sequence.
Do all home security companies have the guards there with guns drawn in under three minutes? And here I am, living in an apartment like a chump...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
(I'm not putting spoiler boxes here. Anyone expecting to read this thread without learning what happened deserves to have it ruined. :) )
The one story line I didn't like, Terry losing her memory, is finally over. However, it did serve to flesh out her character a lot.
The undercover DEA thing totally got me by surprise. I consider myself a pretty smart viewer, yet they still manage to get me once in a while. Good for them.
Jack's boss, that guy that's with him, is getting skeevier each week. Those questions he was asking Jack are very suspicious, as if he's leading him on to tell him everthing he knows.
Next week looks to be one of the big eps: 7:20 was when the Drezin's flunky was supposed to cut the power, Terry gets her memory back, and Dennis Hopper!
I think I'm the only who thinks this, but it needs to be said: Palmer's daughter is way hotter than Bauer's daughter, so nyeh.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I've got a theory to explain the whole series, so I am putting a spoiler on. I just wanted to put this in writing now in case I sussed it.

Could this whole thing have been an effort by Jack's boss to root out all the bad guys out of CTI, and the bad eastern block guys? In this optimistic view, Jack is about to discover that there is a whole team of military people who have continued his eastern block mission, trying to continue to wipe out the bad eastern block guys much like Jack and Palmer did originally. That Jack and Palmer were used as bait makes sense in that they sort of signed on with an implied consent; they'd each been engaged in the effort to root out the bad guys before. Jack in particular has rooted out both eastern block bad guys, and traitors in his midst. He's the one man that Jack's boss knew could not be turned by the bad guys, because he demonstrated his integrity on both fronts.

Still, one problem with this theory: Gaines said he could not be protected from these people. He couldn't have meant the eastern block folks, they are so low-budget they have to use their own family to do the hits. So Gaines must have been frightened by a larger force - which means, unfortunately, that either there are many traitors, or, Gaines was tricked into being dirty for the good of the larger cause...hmmm. Maybe the theory is not so good after all.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I think Gaines did mean the Eastern Bloc folks, and he proved to be right since his buddies were blown up at that gas station about an hour after the feds busted Jack out of the compound

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I thought tonight's ep was a step back in the right direction after the previous two weeks. The first half-hour was a little slow, but the second half more than made up for it.

Only one Drazen left, and now Dennis Hopper enters the picture. But as who? Connected to the Drazens, or to the men backing Palmer?

I don't know what's up with Jack's boss. There's something there for sure.

The drug bust got me as well. Great misdirection there.

Palmer's revelation, coming less than 90 minutes before the polls close in CA, will probably not affect the outcome of the day's primaries, so Palmer will still have wrapped up the nomination (I think I remember this was what they were hoping for from an early episode). Indeed, I suspect it will be revealed in the final hour or two that his honesty has solidified his popular support.

Only 5 more hours to go!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode bugged me...and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Is CTU just 4 minutes from Jack's house (I guess Jack got to work pretty fast in the 1st episode too.)

Pure speculation:

Does anyone else think that by cutting the power on that specific grid, the Dennis Hopper character gets set free from some holding facility in the grid that the guy was supposed to shut off?

Could this just be a series of misdirections by the Drazen family to get the Hopper character set free? (Of course, nothing goes right for the Drazen family for the past 18 hours). That Palmer and Jack are also there for "easy" pickings might have just been a bonus for the revenge-minded family.

Why couldn't Tony be a few seconds late in getting the Jack's house. Terri bugs the hell out of me. At least the part where the would-be assassin asking Terri where Kim is was realistic (to cut down on his search time), that bought Terri just enough time for Tony to mow him down. Poor Phil, we barely knew ya...

I'm guessing Kim gets her one phone call, and that how CTU will get her out of jail, and re-united with Terri. I can't believe how stupid Kim is being written.

Is Mason really a traitor or just pissed at Jack for shooting him last night? Makes you wonder if he isn't just leading Jack to slaughter. When Mason offered to drive Jack to the address, I was thinking, "No Jack, don't get in the car!" But, Jack did, and I was rolling my eyes.

The whole Palmer subplot is so uncompelling to me. How many times in a day can you hug your son after he repeatedly wants to sink your run for the presidency? This is not over the course of weeks, but one frikkin' day! I do enjoy the shenanigans of Lady McPalmer though, she does bring the conflict into play.

I dunno...this episode just left me with the "ehhh" reaction, followed by the "ughhh" reaction (when Terri was saved by Tony).

But, I'll be there for the final 5 episodes, so they must be doing something right.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
So why in the world would Kim be scared when the DEA came in and was busting everybody? She should have been relieved. Instead she's "I didn't do anything..." Huh?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Bill, I think she said, "We didn't do anything," referring to Rick and herself. She's in love with this punk and is still looking out for him.

Yes, I think she's obnoxious, too.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Only one Drazen left
I think there's more. In fact, I think Victor Drazen survived the attack by Jack's unit and is the mastermind behind the whole plot. Why else would they be so determined to get Jack's wife and daughter and leave Jack alive to suffer the loss (which is what would have happened had Palmer been killed at the power plant)? If the plot were driven by Victor's sons, they'd want Jack dead. The intense focus on Teri and Kim can only come from someone who lost his own wife and daughter as a result of Jack's actions.

Dennis Hopper will play Victor Drazen. He's the right age.

M.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Pat and Mike...you guy's BOTH have really plausible ideas here. Now you got me thinking..ALWAYS a dangerous thing! I can see either scenario being at play.

Damn...JUST when I thought I figured it out!!!!

BTW..still would be willing to host a last episode get together here.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
The whole DEA bust was a little "much". Don't you think they waited a bit long to bust in? I think as soon as the undercover guy said, wait let's put down the guns or at the least when one of the guys said something like "Let's do 'em now" they would have come in. There was nothing to wait for, unless he was suicidal

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I think that for drug busts the police have to wait for the person to offer either the contraband or the money before they can move in so that was realistic to me. That entire scene did catch me by surprise.

I'm also a little put-off by the timing of the entire thing. Is everything in LA 10 minutes from each other? I think not. I've driven there a couple times and I was lucky to move a couple of blocks in 10 minutes. Oh well...just have to accept that bit of unreality I guess.

Oh yeah...I want to sign up with the alarm service that has guards arriving at my house within two minutes of the alarm going off. They keep those guys stationed in the basement? :p

OT

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
I think Michael is on to something about Hopper playing Victor Drazen.

I noticed my Tivo blurb about the 7-8 showing was "Criminal mastermind (Dennis Hopper) seeks revenge for the killing of HIS family" (my emphasis added). I might have paraphrased a bit, but I distinctly remember it being "his family".

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Is everything in LA 10 minutes from each other?
Yeah, that's been a little bit of a problem over the season, and partly why they'd deemphasized the real-time aspect.

As for Dennis Hopper, he could be Victor's brother -- the Drazen brothers would be his nephews. The focus on killing Jack's family is certainly "justified" by the death of their sister and parents.

If he plays Victor, that would make Jack a really bad agent/assassin -- "Victor was shot twice in the head, but they were only flesh wounds" -- and would strain credibility even further.

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks