What's new

24 4/16/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Again..no tape in house for an early feed today. I WILL be getting the feed tomorrow AM so I can have a somewhat early sneek look at it...but not all THAT early!
And I SOOOO wanted to see this one today!!!!!!!! :angry:

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Today's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has an article on the show, focusing on Dennis Hopper's entrance.
The executive producer also admits that the Teri amnesia soap opera was "a little over the top."
WARNING: some mild spoilers regarding the show tonight.
24 article at Post-Gazette

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Like a top being wound up..this episode sets the pace for the rest of the season!!!!! Tension building and setting the stage!

The senator's wife...do I smell billary clinton emerging???

Kim is undermined but not by who you would think...and Rick finds that Jiminy Cricket is on his shoulder.

The polls start to roll in....reaction to Sen. Palmer's speech. But where is Keith???

Jack get's a shocking revelation in more ways than one! And he REALLY needs to wash his hands before drinking from them. This time you KNOW where those hands have been!

Overall...a good episode...but more to propel the rest of the series than being a standalone heart stopper. Enjoy!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I see from TV Guide's listings that they're taking a break after next week's episode. Wonder whether there will be any repeats to try to build tension for the season finale.

M.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... It was about 10 weeks ago that they said "12 new episodes in a row", wasn't it?

I figure they've already got some pre-scheduled sweeps programming coming up - there's something rattling around in my head about an awards show that's on some Tuesday in May (Billboard Music Awards), but I'm not certain.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Except 1 major irritation at the beginning and a continuity error with the time of day, this was one fantastic episode. Anybody here who doesn't think the head of security at that prison is in on the attack?
The 2 issues: One, that was not Jack's phone that rang, but Mason's. Mason claimed his cell phone's battery died. Mason did not hand Jack back his cell phone; Jack SHOULD realize something's amiss there. And 2, one moment Teri was being pulled out of the house in daylight, the next instant it was nighttime. Talk about a rapid sunset...
Anyway...great episode! FINALLY got to see Hopper, and he acted beautifully -- only one facial twitch reminded me of "Howard Payne" :) And yeah, I instantly thought of Hillary on that last verbal interchange between the Palmers; hmm...do you *really* think that the senator is gonna fall for the old "massage 'em, screw 'em" trick that the previews implied?
Good stuff, can't wait for next week!

David Oliver

Second Unit
An excellent episode, but there were some continuity problems. The phone thing I thought about too, Dana. THe biggest oen for me though was a continuation from last week, when Tony saved Teri. He got from CTU to Teri's house in about 7 minutes. Then in tonight's episode he is on the phone to Nina and she asks, "Where are you now?" and he says "20-30 minutes away".

Also I would think a super secret prison would have it's own electric gerneration, to either bypass the grid altogether or at least to serve as a backup if the power went out.

But I really liked this episode nonetheless.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I don't recall Nina's question, but wasn't Tony driving to the hospital at the time? It's probably farther away.

You suppose having his wife die in an assassination attempt would help Palmer's chances of being elected? Two birds....

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gotta wonder what Palmer is going to do with Lady McPalmer (I'm still hoping she gets bumped off by the assassins trying to do in Palmer). She was quite chilling to Palmer once the poll numbers came in and Palmer was going to get the party nomination.
Quoting me:
Pure speculation:
Going by the proposed theory from a previous post - Does anyone else think that by cutting the power on that specific grid, the Dennis Hopper character gets set free from some holding facility in the grid that the guy was supposed to shut off?
Could this just be a series of misdirections by the Drazen family to get the Hopper character set free? (Of course, nothing goes right for the Drazen family for the past 18 hours). That Palmer and Jack are also there for "easy" pickings might have just been a bonus for the revenge-minded family.
Damn, I'm good! :)
Gotta love the "Area 51" holding facility in the middle of Los Angeles.
I do find Tony's time to the Bauer's house and CTU to be mildly inconsistent with the rest of the series.
Why doesn't Kim get one phone call at the jail? She is still so stupid when it comes to Rick.
It was definitely one of the faster moving episodes up to now.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Why doesn't Kim get one phone call at the jail?
She does, and she will. But it can take hours, particularly when there's a lot of activity at the station. I suspect by the time they get her a phone, we'll be into Another 24. (But of course, something else will happen before it ever reaches that point.)

M.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Can anybody recap the first ten minutes or so of the show? We had a lot of bad weather last night (tornados and such) and they didn't start the episode on time.

The first thing I saw (I guess we don't need spoiler tags in this thread) was Palmer and his wife and the discussion about "it" being over. Then we cut to Jack and he was climbing around underground and then drugged and captured.

I assume that Jack went inside the electric utility shed thingy which led to the prison, but what happened with Mason? (When did he leave?) Also, what happened with Teri? They didn't show her AT ALL the entire part of the show I watched.

I know I could wait until the F/X rerun, but I saw most of the show and only need a few details cleared up.

Thank you so much!

-Kelly

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Gotta love the "Area 51" holding facility in the middle of Los Angeles.
Patrick, that's actually one of the few things that that producers have presented so far that is geographically correct (mostly, anyway). Saugus is waaaaay out in the Tehachapi mountains, about 30 minutes north of town. It's a suburbs around the freeway (and Six Flags Magic Mountain), but once you get away from the freeway, it's pretty remote.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday, I got Easy Rider in the mail and watched that right before watching 24. Lots of Dennis Hopper. He's so cool! Why haven't I seen him in more stuff?

Something definitely has to be done about Palmer's wife. Mr. Morality Senator won't be able to keep up the cherade of being married to her, nor can he divorce her. Quite a quandry.

Check out Hopper's accent!

Rick is getting a little better. It seems like he might finally be willing to fess up, though it's not like he really has much choice.

No action for Terri this week. Just whine a little and schlepp her off to the hospital.

No Keith this week at all. And we haven't seen Palmer's enemies in a while.

Can't wait for next week.

JasonDG

Grip
Hugh

I happen to live around Saugus. It was very strange to hear this place mentioned so much in a TV show. Actually, when they showed the spot on the GPS map, it looked like the area was very near the Home Depot I use all the time. There are a lot of hilly areas similar to what they were walking around in. I just wouldn't expect to find a "super-secret" prison facility in there.

Anyway, I love the show, and I hope they do another season with this real-time format. It's very unique and I like it (even though there are the occasional slip-ups in continuity, but can you imagine how difficult this show would be to make?)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sudden sun-set aside, nice episode. Maybe they can fix it for the DVD by adding more of a near-sunset hue to the sky in the previous episode (when Jack and Walsh are walking around in the field outside).

Something about when Jack said to the prison warden "What I am about to tell you is highly classified..." I almost laughed. Something about the framing of the shot was so weak, and Jack has used this line so many times I half expect he uses it on dates "What I am about to tell you is highly classified. There's a party in my pants."

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
This episode rocked. Glad to be back on track. Also glad that Teri and Kim kept their mouths shut for most of the show. We all suspected that Hopper was Drazen, and now it seems that next episode may come to a fast boil...oohhh, nellie...

The time 'inconsistency' with Tony does not seem that bad. Jack reached CTU in the first episode fairly quickly, and Tony was actually going to the hospital with Teri and her 'pal' who was shot. The quick nightfall was the only thing I noticed as inconsistent. Not a big deal over here...

And the line of the night? - not verbatim, but...

Nina (referring to Mason returning from questioning Alexi Drazen at the hospital): "Did he tell you anything?"

Mason: "No, but I cut off his morphine drip. I figure he'll be a little more chatty in about an hour."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Something about when Jack said to the prison warden "What I am about to tell you is highly classified..." I almost laughed. Something about the framing of the shot was so weak
I had the same reaction!! There was just something very odd about it. And if it really was "highly classified", why should he tell the prison warden? It wasn't like it was information he had to give, he could have worded it differently and gotten what he wanted.
The stuff with Palmer is pretty interesting right now, we'll see what that leads to.
Good episode though, and it's nice to see Kiefer Sutherland and Lou Diamond Phillips
together again :).
/Mike

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
why should he tell the prison warden? It wasn't like it was information he had to give, he could have worded it differently and gotten what he wanted.
Hey, let's give old Jack a break here. After all, he hasn't slept since he woke up yesterday morning, which was what, 38 hours ago? And he hasn't exactly been relaxing by the pool all that time either. I doubt he could put two coherent sentences together in reality. How "on your toes" would you be? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks