24 3/12/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Ok...another plot building episode. I WILL say:

2 guesses from last week are right!

I was wrong on a coupla things

The daughter is a complete, irresponsible idiot!

Again, an episode to listen closely to..LOT'S of info moving back and forth quickly at one point. However, some visual clues to stuff as well.

Ok..My clever yet subtle proof I did see this episode:

From now on ..use a stall!

Enjoy!

2. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

I would recomend everybody to put the close captioning feature on so if they somehow miss a key thing of dialog, they could still know what happended

3. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

Man. Was it just me, or did Ellis have "Dead Meat" tattooed on his forehead the moment he was introduced?

4. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Man oh Man do I love this show!
    They shoulda just changed Ellis' name to "Dead Meat"!
    I wonder if I could get me one of those neat little harpoon hanguns...you know, just for Home Security[​IMG]!
    Thickens the plot does!

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Another great episode.

I loved the look on Alberta's face when she & Chappelle were forced to reinstate Jack. It was like someone dropped a brick wall right in the middle of her career fast path. With the Senator's patronage, Jack will get his job back - if he wants it.

Jack & Palmer have bonded. I think this is important for a potential second season. It opens the way for Palmer to bring Jack into his administration in some capacity (National Security Advisor, or perhaps a less-public position), which creates lots of story possibilities.

6. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Wow. Great episode. This show continues to exceed my expectations week after week. It's hard to imagine it's on broadcast TV, much less cable. Or course, on cable, they would replace good plot for some naughty language and gratuitous nudity[​IMG]
    Is it me, or does Jack Bauer totally blow away Jack Ryan? It's like the writers took the plot from a Tom Clancy novel, stripped away the right-wing, conservative propaganda, removed the American rah-rah passages, and decided we didn't need to be told everything three times to make sure we get the point[​IMG]
    I am disappointed in a few characters, though. The teenage daughter is too one dimensional, too much of a cliche. If it wasn't for her high EyeQ (Eye-candy Quotient), I would throw shit at the TV everytime she opened her mouth. And Roberta Green is too one dimensional, as well. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I doubt there are many female writers on the show - all of the female characters seem too stereotypical/cliched/one dimensional in some ways. Anywhoo....
    Now a question:
    Is the Serbian (played by Zeljko Ivanek) the man that Jack was supposed to have killed in Kosovo? I can't recall the name they were using for him. Or is he just a relative - brother perhaps?

7. Ty Zucker

Ty Zucker Stunt Coordinator

While at the restaurant, Andre Drazen said to his brother Alexis that one of the waitresses looked like their sister. Jack & Palmer said they took out Victor Drazen and his wife & daughter.

What is still a little unclear is the link between Victor Drazen and Andre & Alexis. Was Victor the father of Andre & Alexis?

8. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

Leo,

I'm pretty sure the Serb is Alexi Dressen brother of Andre Dressen who hired Gaines. The fact that they are brothers came out at the outdoor cafe. The name Alexi Dressen was mentioned as the second shooter earlier in the episode. That's me putting 2 + 2 together.

Ralph

9. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Re: female characters- Nina and Teri are well-developed. Some of the characters seem "one-dimensional" because they're just supporting characters; not much to do with those. However, the teenage girl annoys me, too. Calling her little boyfriend like that: yuch. I'm hoping the signal was traced and they get kidnapped again, just to teach her a lesson.
    I got a little angry at Teri when she got upset over Nina and Jack's fling. She already knew Jack was with someone and claimed to be OK with it. One would think she would be glad Jack was with someone respectable like Nina, as opposed to some stripper or something. But, it was a realistic reaction. Darn women. [​IMG]
    I'm also not 100% clear on the Serbian familial relations. The two guys at the cafe are supposed to be brothers? One looks a lot older than the other. The assassinated Serb was their father, then, with their mother and sister killed? That's the assumption I'm working under.
    It was very cool seeing Jack and Palmer work together.
    Next week looks like a burner, with Palmer's son confronting the conspiracy against him. It will be very good for the character if he takes some action to get himself out of the mess, paving the way for a Palmer political dynasty.

10. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

The scene where Tina admits having been with Jack bothered the hell out of me. I mean, the woman is supposed to be an experienced counterterrorism agent and she gave herself away as soon as Teri mentioned that Jack had told her he had been with another woman. She sure wouldn't survive too long in the field acting like that.

11. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the help with the relationships. I checked out the Fox website (don't know why I didn't do this earlier[​IMG] and yes, Andre (Ivanek) and Alexi are brothers. Not sure of their connection to Victor (sons or brothers).
    One curious thing - as soon as Bauer and Palmer realized this whole thing was personal, why didn't they concentrate on investigating/finding members of Victor's family?

12. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Bauer and Palmer... two very pissed-off guys ready to go after the bad guys. Jack has done it before and Palmer did not seem to question whether he should have ordered it or not. These guys are set up to raise hell!! Also, Palmer not running and hiding but setting himself and family up as targets takes some real balls!!

13. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Well, if Victor Drazen, his wife, and his daughter were killed, then the more plausible relationship would be that Victor is the father of the two brothers, and the daughter in question was the sister that they mentioned at the restaurant.

Otherwise, the wife is the sister, but then both families have the same last name, which is less likely but not impossible. How common a name is Drazen?

As for trying to find Alexis and Andre, I suppose they could put an APB, but it's a big city. Plus, they may (and do) have other assassins in the field. So you probably do want to flush them out, if possible.

//Ken