What's new

"24" 2/12/02 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The commercial they've been airing is so cool. I can't wait.

I don't think I've ever anticipated television as much as I have for this show.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Spoilers Below*********************************

What a fabulous show tonight....

This stroyline is leading me to believe this is all about Jacks former CIA dealings. Palmer is a side story, and was only used as a setup....

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Why is Gaines taking orders from a man who essentially said that he would be killing him shortly for having failed?

Seems like the first thing Gaines should have done is kill the guy and then figure out a way to get Jack to partner with him.

Anyway, another good episode, as always. Though had another plot hole or "suspended disbelief moment". (Last week's moment was that Terri didn't bother to describe that she and her daughter were being held in a barn with lots of hay around in a kind of rural location which she saw when she was taken outside.) This week's was that the man who never was a student was not on alert when his secretary told him an old friend from school was coming to visit him.

But as long as they keep the story moving I don't mind.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah another excellent show. Next week looks like we get the family thing out of the way so for the next 12 episodes its all jack tracking down the baddies. I was wondering where Jack's wife's kidnapper went. then bamn there he was. What i think is that palmer was in charge of the senate committee who was behind jacks assignment and jack was the only person who survived the mission. The bad guys are trying to get revenge on jack for doing the mission and palmer being behind the mission. But with Jack now not a part of there plans they will settle for getting palmer. My 2 cents :)

Capt

R

RossTerry

so what do yall think about the guy (who originally kidnapped the daughter) that gave teri the gun that didnt work?

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
i think jack should shoot that kid in the head. i have never liked that guy and im eagerly awaiting his death MUWHAHAHA. but anyways what ever happened to Mia Kirshner's character? did they kill her off or what? bc i just thought they killed her partner and she just up and vamped

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
so what do yall think about the guy (who originally kidnapped the daughter) that gave teri the gun that didnt work?
Yeah, what was up with that? We even saw Terri checking the gun soon after it was handed to her. Then the gun didn't fire and I had to yell at the TV.

Pieter

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Another great episode! I can't wait to find out more about two years ago in yugoslavia. what does jack have to do with palmer? can't wait!

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
What was the "wand" that the Serbian guy had hidden in the back of the limo? Is it the equivalent of a cattle prod or something?
Thos.
PS I'm guessing the safety was on the gun, too. Is it just me, or did they give away the entire episode next week in the previews ? :angry:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This week's was that the man who never was a student was not on alert when his secretary told him an old friend from school was coming to visit him.
Didn't they say that the guy went to college when he was 16? I'm pretty sure he was a student.

I loved watching Jack go ballistic- threatening torture, beating the crap out of people. It's great.

What is wrong with Jack's wife? What did that guy do to her?

I love the Serbian angle. Unless something drastic changes this, it's clear that Palmer and Jack were involved in something there. Palmer was probably much higher up the ranks than Jack- remember that he knew the name, but didn't seem to really be familiar with Jack. Also, Jack may have personally admire or respect Palmer, besides the fact that it's just his job to keep him alive. He wouldn't let him get killed even at the risk of his own family.

And I love the political stuff. "I never worked for you- we both worked for them." What a weasel. And his wife, man- how can he ever respect her again?

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
What was the "wand" that the Serbian guy had hidden in the back of the limo? Is it the equivalent of a cattle prod or something?
It looked like a knife to me.
What I'm wondering is...where can you find an empty parking garage in Los Angeles at 10:30 am on a weekday? :rolleyes

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
24 is one show that I absolutely never watch the previews for...it was definitely a knife, Jack said the "brand" but I don't remember it... I was thinking maybe the wife is pregnant and maybe there's a miscarriage in the offing.

Dan M~

Second Unit
Good show. Looks like Jack was about to lose it a few times. But there are problems

How can Gaines have such a "proffesional" set up and yet trust the punk kids to carry out important duties? He was so organized before and has no backup plan now? Where did his shooter go? How can he not know his CTU mole is dead?? She was taken to a public hospital wasn't she (He had those all buged before)?

The writing seems a bit disjointed, but maybe the confusion adds to the suspense.

Looks like Serbia is the link between the Senator and Jack and the Bad Guys.

Long wait to next week and no rerun on this friday... I like rewatching to pick up things I missed the first time.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
"This week's was that the man who never was a student was not on alert when his secretary told him an old friend from school was coming to visit him. "

Hhmm, true this is a big hole; but say this "Ted Coffell" set himself up as a businessman for a quite a while; whatever his deal is, people probably started hearing of him, and business people tend to be very swarmy and try to act like they know everybody and are close personal friends just to get their foot in the door. Coffell probably didn't pay the request any mind as he probably thought it was somebody looking for money , info, etc.

Concerning Feb. 12th's episode :

Man, when "Alan" sat down in the limo I was completely blown away, as I figured that character was just going to be forgotten. As he raised the gun and shot at what turned out to be bullet proof glass, the look on Jack's face turned it into one of the series' most memorable moments so far.

I certainly hope 24 is recognized at the Emmy's in the fall, because it's by far the most entertaining show on TV right now.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Now,will they have to change the opening since "apparenty' Jack finds his wife and daughter according to the priview. I was glad they finally brought up the plane crash since they left it hanging since around 3 or 4 in the morning. When will Dennis Hopper be showing up since I have heard alot of rumors about him.

Does any one have opinion on which MAJOR character will be killed next?

Van Patton

Second Unit
That look on Jacks face when Alan shot at him was so badass. It's like "Hey dipshit, get ready to wish you were dead." I talked about that today over lunch. Somebody should put a minimovie or vidcaps of that online. BADASS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks