24 - 12/18/01

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

After 5 hours, 24 is finally getting interesting as the baddies are coming out of the woodworks.
    I can't remember if I called the dad switcheroo, but I figure that you don't waste "the Sentinel" on a bit character like a dad, so it made sense...finally.
    I do find it interesting so much attention has been paid to Bauer and his family....someone in Bauer's past obviously has an axe to grind.
    Another interesting development was the revelation of the black "Hillary Rodham Clinton" wannabe wife of David Palmer, that poor sap. [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if Jamie is a baddie, but at this point, with so much buildup of Nina being a baddie in the 1st 3 hours, it wouldn't shock me if Jamie turned out to be a hacker mole in the CTU.
    Jack's daughter is a hottie (sorry, it needed to be said). [​IMG]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

My wife is proud of herself for having called the twist in the 5am-6am installment during the very first episode of the show. And she never even watched The Sentinel. [​IMG]
    M.

3. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Awwww.. c'mon. Everyone saw that coming! Great episode though! The next few weeks of reruns are going to kill me.

4. John Johnson

John Johnson Agent

This is an outstanding show, but the dark-haired guy (can't remember his name - the one seeing Nina) kind of frustrates me. It's like they only bring him in when they need to stir the pot up a little bit. Either develop his character a little more or do without him.
    I know that there's probably more in store for him, but this is just me ranting [​IMG]

5. Michael Reuben

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Michael,
    I'd say technically that her sole "crime" was being friends with Kim. Sucks to be a pawn, I guess. Look what happened to her dad... [​IMG]

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Best show on television.

I can't remember the last time I actually was eagerly anticipating new episodes of a non-comedy show.

Yeah, I guessed about the father, too, but it's cool that Jack's wife is now with him and has to pretend not to know.

8. Al Rebchook

Al Rebchook Agent

Can you really get away with suffocating a person in an Intensive Care Unit?

Doesn't anyone check the monitors?

And when they were hanging x-rays in the operating room, why did they put up a barium enema?

9. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Am I the only one who's beginning to think that

the whole Palmer assassination thing is only a front/cover/smokescreen for something much bigger??

I can't explain exactly why I think that - it's just something I started feeling while watching the last episode.

10. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

11. Al Rebchook

Al Rebchook Agent

12. Charles Guajardo

Charles Guajardo Stunt Coordinator

it was an ok episode. the following may contain spoilers for those who haven't seen the latest episode!

::

the thing that really bothered me is how would the asassins have known Jack would be called in to handle the case? The first episode made it all seem very hush hush and no one, including Jack, knew anything about the plot, let alone who would handle the investigation. Yet the bad guys are staging kidnaps, murders, wiring up hospitals, impersonating the father of his teenage daughter's friend, renting cars, etc., solely to get to Jack who four hours earlier was oblivious to the whole situation.

In order for any of this to make sense, his trusted confidant who gave him the assignment must have been in on the plot. Everything hinged on Jack getting put in charge of the investigation.

13. Michael Reuben

14. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

15. Nick_G

Nick_G Stunt Coordinator

quote:

"Pure speculation on my part, but it seems like Jack might be getting "set up" to do the hit on Palmer. They got his daughter, they got his wife. It probably wouldn't take much to convince him to do the hit. That would explain why all the events seems to be centered around Jack. Any other theories?"

i've been wondering about that myself. it's an "either/or" situation that they maybe setting Jack up for. Stay tuned!!

16. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
  17. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

It seems like the Jack Bauer character is a very prominent in the CIA, so they figured that when news of the Palmer hit broke they'd call in their best.

Has anyone noticed the writing credits for the show? This week's was written by Howard Gordon; he helped produce and write for "The X-Files"' first four seasons; last week's was written by Chip Johannesen; he wrote and eventually produced "Millennium" during it's three year run.

I also have to agree that this the most suspenseful show on television right now; newbies needn't worry as everything you need to know is covered in the first 2 minutes of each episode; I 've seen every one and the details of the earlier episodes are already foggy. I can't wait for this show to come back in January because the previews they were showing of it on Tuesday look awesome.

Hats off to the Golden Globes for recognizing the show with several nominations here and there.

18. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

If Jack is being setup as the hitman, then what was all that junk about ID cards and snipers a few episodes ago? Jack would already have access to the candidate since he's protecting him...

19. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

I think the bit about the photographer's ID is so that the terrorist group could have someone in place perhaps to verify if Jack completes the hit or maybe as a backup if Jack does not. I think its unlikely that the terrorist group would send someone in to pose as a photographer to do the hit because he would be apprehended immediately. But to set it up so that Jack would do it, that would be brilliant and certainly indicative of the events that have occurred so far.

20. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Did everyone tune out before the preview of next year's episode? I mean, it was incredibly provocative. If you missed it, it included Keifer being instructed to shoot his own wife or his daughter would die. In the preview they show him leveling his weapon at her and saying "please forgive me, honey"!
    How many want to place bets that he will do it? He'll aim for a non-fragile spot, sure, but their marriage will definately be OVER!