What's new

24 04/2/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ok..watched this one later than usual..but here goes...

Bauer's daughter is still a ditz..and deeper than ever in stuff.

The Senator's wife...show her true colors to his great heartache. Nothing is "safe".

Keith is still trying to understand. And the senator is closer to him than ever.

Teri should have listened to that old adgage about going home again.

And Jack..his RECENT past comes back to haunt him! You have to remember stuff from the VERY first episode for the "backup" issues to make sense.

And finally..Tony is really starting to get a clue!!!!

Enjoy!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Usually I like to read these and not post, but was surprised to see so little comment this week...
Well, I think I'm slowly adjusting to the fact that these are Hollywood characters put in Hollywood scenarios, rather than real characters I can empathize with being in real scenarios; once making that (somewhat painful) mental switch, things become more easier to accept and more enjoyable overall.
Like Kim's continued stupidity -- which, strangely, gets thrown out the window as she morphs into Miss 200 IQ only after she finds herself involved in the most serious of troubles...
Or Teri, who has (to me) an unrealistically high reluctance to follow her "doctor's" advice and go to a hospital...or that said doctor who just goes along with everything she wants, but hasn't had the sense of mind yet to try to contact ANY of her family or friends...
Or the revenge-seeking backup "partner" assigned to Jack, who just happens to disobey orders at just the right time to screw up yet another easily-obtainable lead for CTU...
If it sounds like I'm dumping on the show, I really don't mean to -- it is still the best action-drama on TV right now, in my opinion, and still very exciting to watch. I just had expected the realism from the first 5-6 episodes to continue through to the end, but it has devolved somewhat to typical Hollywood soap-operish scenarios, sometimes very cliche-ridden (at least on the surface). The things that save everything for the show, though, are that the action is VERY tight, the continuity is VERY well maintained, and the characters handle the ridiculous situations they continually find themselves in with understandable intentions and actions (okay, well maybe not Teri as of late, or Kim...ever :))
To this episode...
I particularly enjoyed watching the bits with the shooter assigned to wack Teri and Kim -- it was fun watching him mouth off to his boss, and come up with a decent plan for reacquiring his targets. The tension here, too, is kept very high, and this episode's end leaves us with a nasty cliffhanger, right with this guy facing down Teri and her doctor. Good stuff. Here's hoping this latest confrontation will cause Teri to snap out of her pseudo-amnesia, and force her to act like the Teri we came to know in earlier episodes.
My favorite parts, though, have always been with Dennis Haysbert's character -- his expressions of inner anguish over what to do to let the truth be known, and how to go about doing the right thing, are THE highlight of this show for me, and this episode's acting was the epitamy of his character's character: Haysbert shone brilliantly in everything. Based on what I saw of the previews from next week's episode, I'm VERY happy to see he's taking that final step he's been trying to make over the past 10 or so hours to ignore every one of his aides' advice and go public. About damned time...but it's been one hell of a ride! Oh, and while I wouldn't so brazenly advocate such a thing for a real-life scenario...I hope he divorces himself from that control-freak manipulator of a wife -- OOOH do I despise that woman! :)
And Keith...some people mentioned they're put off by the kid's acting, but I find him to be almost as compelling as his father. I was one of those (probably VERY few :)) folk who was caught completely off guard by Keith's recording trickery, but frankly I think the character has acted appropriately and exemplary given the circumstances of the hours presented in this show thus far, and I think the actor's quality of acting has been outstanding as well. Last night's interaction with his father was great stuff; it seems to have hit a plateau, and I think we'll see the strife between father and son be replaced with solidarity as they switch battlegrounds from fighting within to fighting outside.
Overall, VERY good stuff this episode, setting us up nicely for some great confrontations next week.
We have 6 hours left, and I'm betting they're going to be the most exciting six hours on television. VERY much looking forward to how this all plays out!
My 4c.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got frustrated watching this week's episode. I'm getting that "they're stalling" feeling as they cruise through a few more hours/episodes before they wind it up in the last 3 shows of the season. The sniper agent who hates Jack - why would he shoot when he knows it'll get him in the same hot water his former partner got into? Plain stupid writing for the sake of the plot, so Jack spends another hour cleaning up more of his messes (he's 2 for 2 in the past couple of hours).
It appears that both Teri and Palmer got haircuts in the last hour. :)
The "let's use Dan's brother to keep Kim grounded" plotline was stupid.
I'm almost rooting for Teri to get offed by the Drazen hitman. Both her and Kim are just aggravating to watch in their current storyline. It also seems like filler material.
But I'll hang around for the final 6 shows. :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Gary Olman called, he wants his beard back from Dan's brother.

Kim can redeem herself from being an idiot if next week she grabs the gun from Dan's brother and kills him - turns psycho, emulates her captors, basically flips out as the knowledge and experience she should have learned from finally hits her little brain.

This episode was better than last weeks, thank goodness.

Why in the world didn't Keifer use a russian accent? He'd heard the voice when he was watching the hotel room, so he knew he should have.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
The women on this show are stupid. PERIOD

I thought for a minute the Senator was gonna beat the hell out of his wife. You never force your views or force people to do what you want.

What people said about Kim and dear ole perfect mom is right on the money. I agree the show is dragging it's feet right now.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
My wife has had it with the stupidity being displayed by the female characters in this show...Dana, you chose a fine word when you said that the show seems to be devolving. Again, I am not abandoning a show that I have enjoyed all year, but the last two episodes have been extremely irritating with very few high points. Unfortunately, it seems the same theme of inane idiocy will continue next week - as harkened by the sneak previews last night:

Kim yells at Dan's brother, "Dan isn't coming back!" (What an idiot!) The brother then pulls a gun and says, "What do you mean he's not coming back?! How do you know?!"

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Guess I'm in the minority in liking this one overall. I definitely agree about the females and the poor writing involved in their character development, but I liked the Palmer bits, and the bad-guy shooter stalking Bauer's home, and Tony vs. whoever-that-guy-in-charge-of-CTU-is, and at least Jack's back in his element.

Kim aside, next week ought to be good, with Palmer trying to go public, and the shooter possibly confronting Teri. Oh, and the high likelihood Jack finds out about his missing family and going beserk.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
This episode did have some rather over the top plot points..but DAMN did it go by fast!!!!! I really liked the pace...just makes me wish this was a bi-weekly show and not weekly.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I was taught it could be either..just like bi-monthly. But in the spirit of deeper understanding for us all..Twice A Week!!!!!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm looking forward to Dennis Hopper's arrival in two weeks. Should provide an interesting jolt.

M.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
well acording to the tv guide [rant]NOTE MAJOR SPOILERS FOR NEXT WEEK[/rant] it says that dans brother finds out that dan is dead. i think that palmer and his wife are going to get into some kind of major fight or one of them dies before the series is over

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
As weak as the last two episodes have been, this isn't as bad as, for example, the second season of Twin Peaks, or the continued episodes of Northern Exposure after Joel left. It is still a fun show, it is just a little lacking in the last couple eps.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Last night's episode was the best in month - if only Teri would snap out of her amnesia, the CTU assigned to the Bauer residence hadn't been killed so easily, and the CTU agent who shot the bad guy on the catwalk hadn't taken place, it would have been as strong as the first 12 hours.

Many people are complaining that the women of the show are written poorly because of the mistakes they make or the situations they put themselves in. Truthfully, I can't really say I totally I agree, because the show portrays every character with flaws. Even Jack seems callous now that we've learned the wife of one of the agents he helped send to jail committed suicide.

Last night's effort shows that this series definitely has enough juice to keep me glued to the set until May.

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Again with the incompetence of CTU this episode.
We have the agency showing what appears to be a total lack of regard for Bauer's family. It's as if they've all forgetten that Bauer's family is at the heart of this matter, and that only a few hours ago, their dire straits are what caused Jack to do some funky stuff.
The lone agent they sent to check on the Bauer house promptly gets himself whacked.
The borderline psychotic sniper they assigned to Jack was just too much. Especially after seeing him as psychotic sperm-man on The Shield last week:)
I still think the show is better than most on TV, but....
Maybe it's just that some things were more interesting when we had less information, and there was more mystery and intrigue. Now that we know who is after Jack and the Senator and why, the scope of the story has shrunk considerably. How about concentrating on the possibility of another mole in CTU? A bit of healthy distrust and paranoia is always good for a TV show. Or what about finding out how Drazen figured out the connection between Jack, the Senator, and the N.O. guy (Bob?) who got whacked a few shows back.
I think the plot could have worked fine w/o Jack's family disappearing again.
The Palmer thing is a bit more intruiging. Blackmail at the highest levels of government, and secret shadow men trying to run and influence things are good:)
At least Tony's character is still a question mark. Which way will he go? Will he go renegade to save Jack's family?
Ryan - a little bit of the previews after this epsiode show Kim telling Dan's brother he is dead, and then she once again gets to look down the barrel of a gun.
Scooter - bi-weekly means every two (bi) weeks. Semi-weekly is every half (semi) week.
At least we get a new Alias next week:)

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to be disappointed if Teri lives through the next episode - only because the assassin at the Bauer's house has been whacking CTU agents as if they were popup targets. For him to be able to kill the CTU agents but suddenly be unable to kill Teri would mean those CTU agents were pretty damn pathetic.

The person I can't figure out at the moment is Mason. On the one hand he makes peace with Jack at times and helps him out - ie. the early scene when Jack escaped from CTU confinement and they found a body in the car trunk and now by getting on the radio and telling Teddy to knock it off with the harassment over the radio. Yet on the other hand Mason also seems to work against Jack at times as well (or maybe he's the personality to never take risks at all) like when he didn't want the Nash gal to plant the bug or when he questioned Jack going to meet the red ballcap guy at the restaurant or when he lies to Jack about his family.

The plotline with Kim is just... stupid now. It has nothing at all to do with the overall plot of the show. Dan's brother is going to make an ecstasy buy and Kim is in the middle of it? Big freakin' deal. They should have just had Kim take a cab back to the CTU and left her there the rest of the show to pace around and be worried about her dad and mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks