24 03/19/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    The pace is DEFINATELY quickening!!!!!

The episode begins exactly where last weeks left off....so no spoiler here..the guy is dropped in front of us, dead, on the bathroom floor.

There is SOOO much stuff here to see..one of those stay in your seats...tape it..watch it again. The show is back on a fast track pace...exposition done...time for things to happen.

I still hate the daughter...the Senator's son show some DEFINATE backbone and smarts in this one. Ok..2 bits-o-evidence I saw this episode.

1. Kids keep the darndest things in their pants pockets!!!

2. Dirt ain't as solid as blacktop!

Enjoy!

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This episode was REALLY good. After last week setting up the rest of the season for the show, this episode certainly started things back up. It actually has a nice transition between the pacing, going from a sort of slow pace in the beginning to getting back to the "several storylines taking place at the same time" pace. Excellent episode, and I can't wait for next week!

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Wait...what the... today is Monday, isn't it? Spoilers at least until Tuesday east coast time, eg?

4. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Ummm..there are more spoilers in the ads for the show than anything either of us typed here. I am VERY careful NOT to do that.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I wouldn't spoil anything about the story on purpose. I try to only say things like "the episode is good" but nothing that would reveal any events in the episodes.

6. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

You guys are KILLIN' ME!
    Why can't it be Tuesday now!

7. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Here are possible spoilers that were in the TV Guide pictures of suspected assassins are shown to Palmer's staff, Nina leaves the safe house after a tense moment with Teri, Jack and Mason dissagree over how to make most of a lead.
    . Since I have not seen the episode yet, I do not know yet if these are real spoilers that could lead to bigger things.

8. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

3:47:00

Gulp! I had to look at my watch when that car exploded! There's still 13 mins left!

-Ric

9. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

imo, the most intense episode yet...

wow

10. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

I'm a huge fan of the show but:

Amnesia...come on that is the most cliche, over-used plot-device ever! These writers are better than that. BTW, nice "safe"-house. Also I like the security when Keith could slip out through an unlocked door down a stairwell, couldn't a "bad guy" come into the suite the same way? Oh well, I'll still be there next week.

11. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

Ug. Ug. Ug. Worst episode ever.

Everything in the last half-hour with Jack's wife and daughter. You know, there are little things here and there that my wife and I have problems with. Nothing really big. But everything in the last half-hour with the Bauer clan...

First of all, why weren't the agents in the house in more constant communication with the outdoors agents? But that wasn't a biggie. So the Bauer gals get in the car, are in the suburbs -- where there are plenty of people, possibly several police cars in the area -- and they head for a deserted stretch of road? Bloody hell. Just drive around the blocks several times and side-swipe a police car!

So they get to the nearly-deserted road, turn off onto a dirt road and they stop? They stop to get out of the car and walk back to the road to see if they lost the assassin?

What's up with the exploding car? Perhaps it's just because I finished watching Last Action Hero, but what the heck did that car run into? A Conoco station?

Amnesia? Good lord. "If she has amnesia, I'm going to throw up," my wife said just as Teri started to stagger away. Anyway, it's fifteen minutes later and I think the Pepto is helping.

So far it's been a thrill ride. This new Teri/Kim wrinkle seems like the first really forced "put them in danger because they haven't been in danger for two episodes" bit of the series.

The Senator's son and the compromised staff member -- good stuff. I loved the Griffith Observatory scene.

---

RE: Spoilers. If the topic subject says we're discussing a certain episode, there really is no need for marking things with spoilers. If you're reading a message thread called "The 2/19 episode of 24" and you haven't seen the episode yet, you shouldn't be surprised to see people talking about the 2/19 episode of 24. Just don't read the message thread until after you've seen the episode -- that's what I do.

12. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I agree. Amnesia? That was so lame. A tape recorder in the pocket? Like we didn't see that one coming. A pretty lackluster episode overall. Still enjoyable though... =)

13. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I have to agree, I'm getting a bit tired of the Teri/Kim thing, but maybe next week will help a bit "that's what you told my mom...CLICK!"
    Other than that, not bad and definately getting better!

14. Will_B

Will_B Producer

She doesn't have amnesia, she's just disassociating. It won't last very long, but she'll be a wreck when she comes out of it.

This ep had me thinking of the opening scene of LEON!

15. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Decent episode, but I had the same problems with it as a few other people.
    - What was up with stopping the car the split second they lose the guy? At this point it Teri Bauer dies, she deserves it. That was just insanely stupid.
    - The tape recorder...is there anyone that didnt see that coming from a mile away? I dont have a real problem with it...just saw it coming... [​IMG]
    - Amnesia? Come on...
    - Didnt Kim call Rick on Ninas cell phone tonight? I forgot to look, but if she did that would mean she never gave it back, in which case why didnt she call Jack the min she was in the car? AND, if she used the house phone to call Rick the second time, CTU should have no trouble tracking him down (I would think in a safe house the phone would be monitered somehow).
    I'm also getting a little tired of Teri's constant drama...she needs some down time. Everything else (esp. Jack's stuff) is very good...
    JQ

16. Ty Zucker

Ty Zucker Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Will_B - Teri doesn't have amnesia. She's been through so much trauma with the icing on the cake being that she thought she saw her daughter die in car explosion that she's just mentally shut down. It's not uncommon for people who have gone through severe trauma to have lapses in memory like that - it's a defense mechanism.

Now, I agree that the car exploding was a bit much...

Overall, I think it was a good episode. It was great to see Carl start to get nervous with Keith too.

17. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

18. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

19. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Here's an idea...anyone here interested in a 24 Final Episode party here at The ScootPlex2000? We could actually do it on a monday...early..since I get the feed on monday morning.

Just a thought....

20. David Forbes

David Forbes Supporting Actor

Actually, I was much more forgiving of the memory loss than I normally would have been because my mother went through the same thing a month or so ago when she had to have one of her cats put to sleep. It traumatized her so much that she had a Memento-like memory lapse where her memory reset itself about every 30 seconds. We were at the hospital and she kept asking why she was there and then got very upset and asked if something had happened to one of her cats, then began to cry hysterically that Momcat was dead and she had been there for her (which she was). Then she would just blank and it would start all over again. I tried to get her to remember the number 100, something completely neutral and not related to the cat, but she couldn't keep it in mind. She didn't remember buying a new car the week before, going to see my sister in Maryland, or most of the events of the week. There was nothing physically wrong with her whatsoever, she just had a mental freak-out from the stress of having her cat put to sleep. Most of her memory came back over the weekend, but she still cannot remember putting Momcat down or going to the hospital. So I could definitely relate to Teri "blanking out." A little cliched, yes (I was more forgiving of that than I was of her incredibly stupid move to get out of the car, and I also wondered how the hell they got from a subdivision to a deserted road), but very possible.