What's new

'24' 02/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was the episode to wrap it up if the series didn't get renewed past the original order of 13 episodes. They probably would have left off the last couple of minutes with the new assassin.

Time for Act II!

R

RossTerry

i agree, you can definitely tell it hit a stoping point, then the second 'hitter' starts up part 2

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoy 24, but last night I was watching it with a bad case of the flu, and in my dazed state it seemed like all the show was or is, is shaky camera work action scenes intercut with terse conversations.

Senator Palmer's decision-making scenes seemed to repeat and repeat and repeat... they weren't building tension, they were just filling time by re-enacting them with little variations (with his wife, with his advisor, with his skunkworks guy).

I felt this episode needed more of something.

But as I said, I was ill, and I probably would have enjoyed it if I hadn't been.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a pretty riveting installment of this long maxi-series.

I can't wait to find out who TPTB who are backing Palmer, and if Palmer will be able to put the switch on them by the end of the day (doubtful).

I have to think when Palmer and Bauer meet, it's going hit the fan.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Yeah, last night would have wraped everything up nicely last night, had they not gotten the extra episodes order (except for the Palmer - Jack connection but that seems to be the big mystery to solve going into the second half).

I think Will summed up Palmers part in these last few episodes pretty well. Something happens in Palmers world and then for an hour he walks around and talks about it with his wife, his advisor, and the dude he fired. They need to wrap up this "My son killed the rapist" storyline cause I dont see it going anywhere (except someplace that feels too much like the X-Files).

I thought it was pretty smart of Rick to get the hell out of there, Green and Bauer would probably given him more trouble then help. I thought Jacks daughters sudden burst of irrationality was a little out of character...there were other ways to establish Rick had left the water tower then to have her suddenly freak out.

Overall I thought it was a decent episode, but theres still plenty left to explore.

JQ

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I half-expected them to start playing "Bad To The Bone" when they showed the 2nd assassin getting in the car and driving out the garage. :)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I was right for once because I thought in one of the older episodes that the "chest pains" from Teri was from a rape in the 7-8 or 8-9 am segment. The prieview for next weeks episode showed briefly about how she does not want Jack to know about it.
. Isn't the Assasin Dennis Hopper as rumored or will he be in the series later.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The action really hit a crescendo and they were smart enough to introduce the new bad guy before the end of the episode.

I'm just wondering what they will do now. You can't just have hours worth of them making phone calls, and now that his family is (potentially) safe, what will he do? Return to the office, get interrogated, locked in a cell? Curious, indeed...

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one getting really sick of Palmer? How many opportunities to do the right thing is he going to turn down?

Anyway, great show. I thought last night's ep was a little substandard but I was a little distracted throughout, so it might just have been me.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
It would seem that my thoughts on last night are pretty similar to everyone else's.

I feel Palmer's storyline is getting dull, perhaps if he was in more immediate danger. He doesn't seem to be able to get anything done, all we see him do is discover a coverup and then he spends the rest of the episode hearing from his group why he shouldn't bring it out into the open.

All I've got to say to Bauer's daughter is "Haven't you learned anything? Do you not realize you have poor decision making capabilities? If your Dad tells you not to move, then sit the hell down and shut the f up. Yes Rick helped you out but he's still an a-hole and doesn't deserve your concern - especially when it puts your family in danger!" Pause... "But still girl, you are damn fine. Let's get you into a bath."

Pieter

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
This series just keeps getting better and better.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Palmer meets Bauer. I need to know what kind of relation they have damn it!

One thing that I'm curious about...will this series have another season??? How would they manage that? Has anyone heard anything on the matter?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Pardon my ignorance of politics, but a question about Senator Palmer. Why would he be involved in something occuring in another country?

I'm sure there's a reason, but the erroneous impression I have of senators is they are old men who sit at that long table and interview people smarmily, and then take like half a year's vacation. Oh, and they vote on bills.

What's the theory on Palmer being involved in some espionage?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My Understanding from what I've read that it's unlikely the show will go another season (Was it designed with only 1 inmind) I also have the feeling the plug might get pulled sometime this season the ratings are not what fox hoped, it's getting clobbered by Smallville and NYPD Blue. Of course you put it up against those shows and what do you expect. That's why I hate to inverst innew shows of late, I get into them and they getyanked.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Will, I'm guessing that Palmer was not yet a senator when he was involved with whatever he was involved with in Serbia.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I think it might have something to do with a committee he sat on. A coupla episodes back..he asked a question about a specific summer in Bauer's carreer..and hit the nail on the head.

Al Rebchook

Agent
I didn't understand why Kimberly was running around in that bright red top. Didn't that make her an easier target?

It would have been far more realistic if she had taken the top off, and instead wore just a tight sports bra, or perhaps a frilly little thing from Victoria's Secret.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Or her mom could have given her the sweater she was wearing, but, your suggestion sounds better.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My Understanding from what I've read that it's unlikely the show will go another season (Was it designed with only 1 inmind) I also have the feeling the plug might get pulled sometime this season the ratings are not what fox hoped, it's getting clobbered by Smallville and NYPD Blue. Of course you put it up against those shows and what do you expect. That's why I hate to inverst innew shows of late, I get into them and they getyanked.
Negative, negative, negative.

Fox upped their original order of 13 episodes to a full season of 24 episodes. The season is going to be completed.

The storyline will be resolved at the end of this season (as planned), and if the show does not get picked up for next year you won't be 'missing' anything. If they do get picked up for next year it will be a brand new storyline.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Don't be so quick to reach the conclusion that the season will be completed. As I recall, UPN started with a half-season order on Roswell, upped it to a full season, then decided to cut back by a couple of episodes. Sure, just by the very nature of 24 it seems FOX would either go all the way or end with the original order but you never know.

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
I don't foresee cancellation before season's end. I think the period has already passed for orders to be shortened (like FOX did with Undeclared and Titus, cutting their 22-ep orders to 17), and FOX's marketing has been pumping the 12-week run of new episodes (which began the week after the show was pre-empted by the State of the Union, and has 8 weeks left on it (there will, apparently, be a week's break or two after hour 21, then the final three during May sweeps).

The Golden Globe award for Kiefer Sutherland pretty much assured that FOX would stick with this at least until the end of the season.

If you want to worry about FOX's treatment of a quality show, be afraid for Undeclared, which ends its season in March to make way for Andy Richter's new show; no one at Undeclared has any idea whether they'll be renewed, but they're not too optomistic.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the end of this day of 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks