What's new

DVD Review 23 Paces to Baker Street DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Berkshires

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
I think that if it gets to be 1997 again for Fox, then it should be 1997 again for the rest of us. There are certain things I need to do over while the evolution of DVDs takes place again. Really now, it's only fair.
Now you know the real reason they're called 20th Century Fox.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Berkshires said:
Now you know the real reason they're called 20th Century Fox.
:laugh: It's sad how true this is.
Mark-P said:
RAH stated in another thread, and he's absolutely right, that this has nothing to do this Fox's restoration team which does good work, but rather with the process of selecting the masters to be used for the MOD releases. We all know that there are widescreen stereo video masters that have been done for 23 Paces and Warlock, but the team responsible for the MOD releases doesn't have a clue what they are doing. It really is sad because it makes the whole company look bad.
Warlock has not been released on home video in stereo; just mono. However, FMC has reportedly run a master with true stereo audio (not one of those fake old Fox jobs from the DVD age). Releasing Warlock P&S is unspeakable.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Lromero1396 said:
Warlock has not been released on home video in stereo; just mono. However, FMC has reportedly run a master with true stereo audio (not one of those fake old Fox jobs from the DVD age). Releasing Warlock P&S is unspeakable.
You are probably right about that. I just grabbed the DVD box off the shelf and read the back which said "Dolby Digital 4.0" and I made an assumption. I will have to actually put the disc into the player to confirm that that is a misprint and it is actually mono / faux stereo.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Mark-P said:
You are probably right about that. I just grabbed the DVD box off the shelf and read the back which said "Dolby Digital 4.0" and I made an assumption. I will have to actually put the disc into the player to confirm that that is a misprint and it is actually mono / faux stereo.
Fake stereo for sure. Sadly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks