What's new

227 The Second Season (1 Viewer)

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on the second season of 227? I have thoroughly enjoyed the first season and wondered if they plan to release any more. I havent seen the show get too much ink (it never did).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, this is a Columbia TriStar-owned show we are talking about. Their release patterns are an enigma to me.

John McM

Second Unit
don't quote me, but a friend who claims to know inside stuff told me that 227 underperformed for Sony so we may never see seasons 2-5.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Not surprised to hear that since they didnt really advertise it. Not that I was too keen on season 3-5, but season 2 was still funny. Too bad. I was hoping to get at least that.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not surprised about 227 either. It seems like they didn't advertise it well. Now this is how I would have played it. I would have put out 227 season 1 and Amen Season 1 in a special set for like $39 with the DVD's on two sided discs to save money. These two shows that feature former actors from the Jeffersons would work well being packaged together.

227 and Amen were in the same family and even came on the same day at one time. If 227 didn't do well, we may never see Amen on DVD. I don't know if they were by the same studio or not.

I bought 227 on DVD kinda by default because I thought it was good that they put the show out so I bought it but I admit I have only watched 2 or 3 episodes.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I hope 227: Season 2 comes out because that was my favorite tv show in the 80s and I would like to see all of the seasons on box sets so I can buy them and I brought the first season because it was my favorite tv show in the 80s so that why I brought and I brought it for $22.99 when I brought it and that was great for a box set like that...

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope Sony will release 227 season 2 soon as well as the entire shows run in the future.

I don't know if Sony has the rights to Amen but I would like to see that show on DVD as well.

In the 80's, my family would get together on Saturday nights and watch 227, Amen, Golden Girls and Dear John on NBC.

:)

DaveK

Second Unit
I think Universal owns the rights to Amen. I think I remember the closing credits saying Carson Enterprises then MCA TV.

If Universal releases Amen, they should definitely release Gimme A Break.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
They should definitely release Gimme a Break in the future because I would buy it in a heartbeat. If Universal owns the rights to Amen then they should give it a try and release to it box set format because you know I would buy that too.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I wish Sony was excited about this as they are excited about What's Happening, Good Times, The Jeffersons and more...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks