What's new

227 Season 2 and 3? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Will these seasons ever be released on DVD? Its been a long time since the 1st season. The series was at its best in seasons 2 and 3. If poor sales was the issue, next time Sony please advertise. Market the release to hair salons, Barbershops, in magazines etc...

Please consider.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I would LOVE to have at least the second and third season released.
I NEVER saw the first season advertised anywhere. Just happened to see it announced on TV Shows on DVD's site.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
And they wonder why the sales are poor. I did not know 227 was coming to DVD until one month before the release date.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
sad thing is, I remember calling a store and asking how much they had it for, and the clerk didn't even know what I was talking about when I said 227

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This show should have been finished in 2006.

Sony did no advertising, tried to cram 10 episodes onto a disc, and expected it to fly off the shelves.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope Sony will release the 2nd and 3rd season of 227 on DVD. Again the series really picks up in those seasons.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Not every show turns out to be dead in the water. Mad About You, Laverne & Shirley, Larry Sanders & Once & Again are all examples.

I'd like to have every season up to that unfortunate one where a bunch of strangers moved into the building & Jackee was mostly MIA.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator

The fourth and fifth season were pretty dismal compared to the first three.
the slide started when Countess Vaughn showed up and it got worse from there.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Shawn_C

Any news on 227?

More time has passed since season 1's release than the run of the entire series to begin with. Its only hope now is if it's included in Shout! Factory's deal with Sony.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Maybe it's time to jump ahead and just do a complete series set. Another former NBC comedy, Gimme A Break is doing the same thing. I'm hoping this becomes a trend.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Is MatthewA here? I got a question for him.

I found this strange 227 logo from the 1985 NBC - Let's All Be There Promo on YouTube. Was this from the original unaired version of the Pilot, which didn't even air as the first episode?

vlcsnap_2016_12_22_13h37m17s577.png

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Is MatthewA here? I got a question for him.

I found this strange 227 logo from the 1985 NBC - Let's All Be There Promo on YouTube. Was this from the original unaired version of the Pilot, which didn't even air as the first episode?

vlcsnap_2016_12_22_13h37m17s577.png

In this case I think that was just to sell it to the networks. Often times the network or production company* will order reshoots or recasting before it reaches the air. I have never seen anything related to that unaired pilot and can't find anything on the Internet about it besides that so I don't know how it differs from the pilot that actually aired, unlike the original unaired pilot for Gimme A Break! for which clips have surfaced on YouTube and were used in NBC promos, while its TV Guide fall preview description the year it premiered describes the show the way it was in the unaired pilot with two girls and a boy instead of three girls. 227's fall preview description was pretty much the same as the show that aired.

I just hope Mill Creek can get the rights to the episodes Sony didn't release. What music would need clearance besides "Jump (For My Love)" and the theme to "Wheel of Fortune"? I can't remember what musical guest stars they had.

*There wasn't a lot of lag time between the end of The Jeffersons and the beginning of this show.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
In this case I think that was just to sell it to the networks. Often times the network or production company* will order reshoots or recasting before it reaches the air. I have never seen anything related to that unaired pilot and can't find anything on the Internet about it besides that so I don't know how it differs from the pilot that actually aired, unlike the original unaired pilot for Gimme A Break! for which clips have surfaced on YouTube and were used in NBC promos, while its TV Guide fall preview description the year it premiered describes the show the way it was in the unaired pilot with two girls and a boy instead of three girls. 227's fall preview description was pretty much the same as the show that aired.

I just hope Mill Creek can get the rights to the episodes Sony didn't release. What music would need clearance besides "Jump (For My Love)" and the theme to "Wheel of Fortune"? I can't remember what musical guest stars they had.

*There wasn't a lot of lag time between the end of The Jeffersons and the beginning of this show.
I have all the eps recorded from Encore Black and while I have yet to watch Seasons 4 and 5, there was the Pee Wee Herman episode where they all dance to TEQUILA, the Temptations episode where the Temps sang and Mary, Rose and Sandra performed HEARD IT THRU THE GRAPEVINE. There are more but those are the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks