What's new

220v to 110v (1 Viewer)

Chris Demaree

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a 'power strip' (for lack of a better term) that plugs into a 220v outlet and outputs multiple 110v receptacles? I have a 220v outlet near my equipment and thought ....hmmmm, more current.
idea.gif

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
One of the 19" computer racks from HP at a client of mine has exactly that built in. I'm trying to find a way to get the power-strip without the rack attached.
I asked a general question about the exact same thing in another forum and the best the people could come up with there was to find a balanced line conditioner - the cheapest one I could find that would take the 220v was $5K which is way more than I want to spend.

Derrick G

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on how electrically and mechanically inclined you are you could build one. If you'll send me an email and tell me what the 220v plug looks like and what amperage the 220 breaker is, I will advise you how to go about it. You can make a small one for about $20 to $30. They're not that hard to make. I use to make them all the time for equipment racks for a pro sound company. My email address: [email protected]
Derrick
------------------

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I suggest u go find what they call a "step-down" transformer which has 220 input ouputting 110v. I had tried to find some of these before but have yet to find one that isn't expensive. Making one as the post above would be more prudent if ur up to it.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Derrick G

Stunt Coordinator
I suggest u go find what they call a "step-down" transformer which has 220 input ouputting 110v. I had tried to find some of these before but have yet to find one that isn't expensive.
You don't need to step down anything. You already have 110V right there at the outlet. The 220 plug has two hot wires and a ground/neutral. The voltage between the two hot wires it 220V. The voltage between either of the hot wires and the neutral/ground is 110V.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks