Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Title: 22 July

Tagline: The true story of a day that started like any other

Genre: Drama, History, Thriller, Crime

Director: Paul Greengrass

Cast: Jonas Strand Gravli, Anders Danielsen Lie, Jon Øigarden, Seda Witt, Ola G. Furuseth, Isak Bakli Aglen, Anneke von der Lippe, Trygve Svindland, Trim Balaj, Pål Espen Kilstad, Håkon Smeby, Endre Hellestveit, Øystein Martinsen, Lars Arentz-Hansen

Release: 2018-09-05

Runtime: 143

Plot: In Norway on 22 July 2011, right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik murdered 77 young people attending a Labour Party Youth Camp on Utöya Island outside of Oslo. This three-part story will focus on the survivors of the attacks, the political leadership of Norway, and the lawyers involved.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This is a very gripping new film by Paul Greengrass about a terrorist attack in Norway and the aftereffects of the attack. It is currently both in limited theatrical release and on Netflix streaming. I watched it on Netflix even though it is playing in my area.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A Paul Greengrass film. Remember to take your Dramamine before watching.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I watched it on Netflix even though it is playing in my area.

Where are you (generally)? We don't have it here at all, but if we did I would make a point to go see it to encourage the idea of Netflix giving their films theatrical releases. I guess I'll cue it up at home instead but would really like to see this on a big screen.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A very powerful film that should be seen. The acting, writing and directing are all outstanding. I would hope this film comes into Oscar consideration next year.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
9/10.

All Spoilers in this post. Only for people who have seen the movie.

Loved it. First I wasn't sure, I was going to give this an 8/10 because I had issues with the second part of the movie. I still have issues. It lost momentum. It's fascinating to think how you can tell this story. Is the second part of the movie really necessary? I feel it was too long and it could have been shorter. Instead of showing the aftermath that much (especially giving the terrorist a platform), show the beforemath. Show the victims in their normal lives doing things for 20-30 mins. Then show those people that we followed and got attached to, perish. It shows the inhumanity. To show that it's not only the background characters that die. This is how you feel in these movies, the protagonist always survives and overcomes the tragedy but it's not always the case. Other people died, they are not background characters.

At the very end something happened that it completely won me over and I forgot all these questions. The lawyer did not shake the terrorist's hand and when he said I would have done this (terrorist act) again, the lawyer said, I'm paraphrasing "Then we will fight you, we will beat you. My children and their children.". Such an important line, especially because that the lawyer who defended him says it. It summarizes well the essence and the core of the movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WavyJawn
Recent bookmarks