What's new

21st Century Fox Studio Sold To Disney! Sale Finalized See Post #368 (1 Viewer)

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I’d like to imagine that this moves our chances of getting the original trilogy remastered from 0% to 0.001%, but I’m not holding my breath on that any more than I am finally seeing The Abyss or True Lies finally come out.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I was not aware that they changed their name to 21st Century-Fox.
Hmmm-m-m-m...I wonder.
Could this legally leave a loophole that states that all films falling under the name of 20th Century-Fox remain untouched?
After all, we are talking about two completely different centuries, right?:rolleyes:
Quick!! Twilight Time, Criterion, someone;
grab those OCN's, dupes and elements of "Wilson", "Can-Can" and "Star!", before its too late.:eek:

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was not aware that they changed their name to 21st Century-Fox.
Hmmm-m-m-m...I wonder.
Could this technically or legally leave a loophole that states that all films falling under the name of 20th Century-Fox remain untouched?
After all, we are talking about two completely different centuries, right?
Quick!! Twilight Time, Criterion, someone;
grab those OCN's, dupes and elements of "Wilson", "Can-Can" and "Star!", before its too late.

This is very, very old news. Like 2012-ish, IIRC.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Could this technically or legally leave a loophole that states that all films falling under the name of 20th Century-Fox remain untouched?
The 20th Century Fox motion picture studio is (until next week) a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, which has been basically a holding company for all of the Murdochs' US media assets.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
This is very, very old news. Like 2012-ish, IIRC.
In truth, the merger concerns me.
Perhaps it was too soon to lampoon this acquisition so near to its actual date.
Nonetheless, my clearer message to Disney is simple;
please do not hide, bury or stash away Fox's immense and historic film library.
Sadly, money will always be the dictate;
but I do hope that Disney will find their way towards keeping our motion picture heritage accessible to the public.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Goodbye 21st Century Fox! Hopefully, Disney continues to allow movies that are more edgy than Disney's output to be made under that 21st Century Fox label. We can only hope for that now.

By the way, I changed this thread's title to reflect the Fox name change.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
While plenty of people are happy today about Disney owning the rights to the Marvel characters and there being no more murky rights issues surrounding A New Hope, I think we should take a minute to mourn one of the truly great movie studios.

20th_Century_Fox_Logo_1981_1994.jpg

(I always preferred the Fox logo before computer graphics allowed the camera to swirl around it. I liked it with just the animated searchlights. This is how I want to remember 20th Century Fox.)

Here's a Variety article from this morning, remembering the old studio by people who worked at and with it.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...HPKGDOD6-GdEv2fuV6ZvSQTgENtAKjZnnr7m0IR4_odM0

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This is straight-up capitalism. The successful, or those with the money, will "gobble up" the smaller and weaker. More than a year in the making, a number of countries approving the transaction and a divestiture of some Fox assets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks