Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Chip
It actually looks like it's missing something without an ownership line at the bottom.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Very sad day. Integrity to the bulk of the last 100 years of the studio's history has been expunged. Dumb! Silly! Ridiculous.
Actually, I see it a little differently. IMO, this is Disney respecting history by keeping the fanfare and logo (95%) intact. Disney could have scrapped the whole thing and used ones of their current logos. I'm glad the fanfare and logo will continue to grace the beginning of some films for the foreseeable future.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Actually, I see it a little differently. IMO, this is Disney respecting history by keeping the fanfare and logo (95%) intact. Disney could have scrapped the whole thing and used ones of their current logos. I'm glad the fanfare and logo will continue to grace the beginning of some films for the foreseeable future.
The same here!

Greg.K

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Greg K.
Agree.

(And just for the heck of it, can they put it at the beginning of all future Star Wars movies, too? The new movies still feel like they're missing something without it).

Josh Steinberg

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And to add to this excellent point, what most people don’t realize is that all of the branding that we associate with 20th Century-Fox is older than that company.

“20th Century-Fox” was the name of the combined entity that resulted when “20th Century Pictures” merged with “Fox” in 1935. The spotlight logo, the fanfare, that’s all “20th Century” branding that the word “Fox” was grafted to well after the fact.

So rather than erasing history, I view it as Disney preserving the company’s legacy by returning it to something much more aligned with its original presentation.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Agree.

(And just for the heck of it, can they put it at the beginning of all future Star Wars movies, too? The new movies still feel like they're missing something without it).
I agree. At least they added it back to the digital versions of I - VI, when it had only been on IV before the merger.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faber