What's new

20th Century No Longer A Fox (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks, I'll add that to my reading list.

Now it's time to say goodbye to that darn company.

M-I-C, see ya real soon … NOT!

K-E-Y, why? Because I hate you!

M-O-U-S-E

_09___brer_fox_by_michaeljruocco-d5saygh.png

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Yep got my mr. Moto Vol 2 today from eBay, guaranteed Disney's never would have released any of those, thank god all of the Chan"s got released before all of this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Any future political references regarding the "Fox" name will be deleted with possible thread bans as an option. Please, don't post a known political reference that doesn't need to be said because none of us live in a bubble. It's a slippery slope that we don't want to approach due to our forum guidelines. Thank you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am surprised that didn’t drop the names 20th Century and Searchlight altogether.
I can understand keeping those names, but like others, it's my opinion that it would have been a perfect time to change 20th to 21st Century.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
It's a sad day to see the venerable '2oth Century-Fox' fade into the sunset, replaced by a rebranded logo that does not speak to the studio's illustrious past. Let's get something clear, folks. The name '2oth Century-Fox is a trademark and a brand. So, 'updating' it to 'keep up with the times' is pretty idiotic.

Why not rename the Disney studios, since Walt no longer works there, or Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, since Goldwyn and Mayer have been pushing up daisies for decades? Ditto for Warner Bros. Jack's back? I don't think so! The only studios that would escape this onslaught of change would be Universal, Columbia and Paramount. It's pretty hard to move a mountain, turn out the torch of Lady Liberty, or realign the axis of the globe.

But seriously, 2oth Century-Fox is a brand. It has nothing to do with the 'century' of the moment - as there will be many more to follow, God willing, but with the century in which the company was founded. That great art deco edifice with its klieg lights has just dimmed a little today - part of the Mouse House's efforts to obliterate another great part of Hollywood lore, simply because it does not 'conform' to today's standards...or rather, the standards imposed by them today! How very, very sad!!!

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
But seriously, 2oth Century-Fox is a brand. It has nothing to do with the 'century' of the moment - as there will be many more to follow, God willing, but with the century in which the company was founded. That great art deco edifice with its klieg lights has just dimmed a little today - part of the Mouse House's efforts to obliterate another great part of Hollywood lore, simply because it does not 'conform' to today's standards...or rather, the standards imposed by them today! How very, very sad!!!

If Disney wanted to extinguish the edifice entirely, they could always rename the brand to "20th Century Boggis, Bunce, and Bean".

;)

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It's a sad day to see the venerable '2oth Century-Fox' fade into the sunset, replaced by a rebranded logo that does not speak to the studio's illustrious past. Let's get something clear, folks. The name '2oth Century-Fox is a trademark and a brand. So, 'updating' it to 'keep up with the times' is pretty idiotic.

Why not rename the Disney studios, since Walt no longer works there, or Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, since Goldwyn and Mayer have been pushing up daisies for decades? Ditto for Warner Bros. Jack's back? I don't think so! The only studios that would escape this onslaught of change would be Universal, Columbia and Paramount. It's pretty hard to move a mountain, turn out the torch of Lady Liberty, or realign the axis of the globe.

There's actually several decent historical reasons to scrub Fox out of the name

A: Daryl Zanuck founded 20th Century Pictures. He did not found Fox Film.

B: William Fox was already long gone from Fox Film before they merged (which was more or less a leveraged buy out because Fox Film was bankrupt in 1935).

C: All that branding you associate with 20th Century Fox? That's from 20th Century Pictures. ALL OF IT.

D. The studio that has existed since 1935 has been for all intent and purposes 20th Century Pictures. We just call it Fox because it rolls off the tongue.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disney-dropping-fox-20th-century-studios-1203470349/

"[The logo] won’t be dramatically altered, just updated. The most notable change is that the word 'Fox' has been removed from the logo [mark]. Otherwise, the signature elements — swirling klieg lights, monolith, triumphal fanfare — will remain the same."
Yes we all hope but for how long remember Hollywood pictures Touchstone Dimension Miramax where are those right now Disney's going to do what Disney's going to do, I figure we've got maybe 10 to 15 years of 20th century before it goes the way of the dodo.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It has been 20th Century Fox for so long I see no reason to change it even if a few people here and there try to link Fox to someone else. 20th Century Fox will always be 20th Century Fox to me despite Disney changing the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks