20th Century Masters

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian L, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Anyone else been picking these up?

I have added a few titles over the last year, and have been pretty pleased. At between 7 to 10 bucks a pop, there is not much too complain about, and the sonics have been reasonably decent, sometimes very good. (In case you don't know, 20th Century Masters are basically greatest hits collections from Universal Music Group artists, but all titles are comprised of supposedly newly remastered cuts.)

I have thus far grabbed Rod Stewart (mostly old stuff with the Faces), Cream, Steppenwolf, Free, Humble Pie, the Allman Brothers, and Joe Walsh.

The last bunch came from Best Buy online. They had them for $6.99 with free shipping. If you peruse the Best Buy site, there are perhaps 100 or more titles of pop, rock, country, disco, and blues.

For me it was a good way to get a decent collection of tunes from the artists in question without having to buy their whole catalog.

BL

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I find the Universal 20th Century Masters CD's a good (and inexpensive) way to sample an artist I am curious about. The Tears For Fears CD is especially good.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I haven't bought too many of these, but the ones I have are good. The low prices make them appealing. However, these discs only have ten tracks, and album covers aren't too appealing with the black and white pictures. I guess I shouldn't complain for $7-10, though. [​IMG]

4. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I've been watching that series grow for a few years.

I've picked up a few, some of them at Canadian dollar prices of 7.99 are very cheap. Most are as you say, very short, and have notable major omissions from the career concerned.

One of the better buys for me was The Atlanta Rhythm Section disk, at least 60 minutes I think, with all the hits I remembered. It was around $14 tho

One of the most unusual was Annette Funicello. I just saw it last week, and got it for $5.99, as a novelty.

Funny thing Brian, is I almost made a post here, and was going to call it "20th Century Master - Annette Funicello!"

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Annette Funicello?? I must have that CD!!!

I have such a crush on her ever since I started watching her reruns on late night Disney Channel.

Sorry....a little off topic.