What's new

20th Century Fox --- 75th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by borisfw

If Fox is going to start releasing some new unreleased titles i am very happy . I miss the Fox movies . I bought most , if not all , of the classic movies they released over the years .

I second the release of the last Michael Shayne's .More noir and Benny would be fantastic . Can't wait to hear what titles might be coming .
I would also like to see more Michael Shayne. I had never run across the films before they were released on DVD. They are very entertaining little films and I'd like to see all of them on DVD.

Doug

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by Joe Caps

First apologies about the Butch Cassidy remark.
I wasn't trying to Rain on Anyones Parade.

Billy Batson, I know for a fact that before

Fox vid pulled their classic line, they had finished a new special edition of JOURNEY. In fact a commentary track was recorded.

Let's hope good things are coming our way.

One fo my dreams is for a restored widescreen stereo UNTAMED with Tyrone Power.
I would love to have a special edition of Journey To The Center of The Earth. Also films like Untamed that were released in CinemaScope and 4-track sound with directional dialog are fun to see and listen to.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
The hints so far about A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN and CAVALCADE have got me intrigued. I will gladly help the economy improve if those films and others along those lines are released!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Richard M S

The hints so far about A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN and CAVALCADE have got me intrigued. I will gladly help the economy improve if those films and others along those lines are released!
Well, if they are going to be selective about the classics they are going to put out, better thet do the IMPORTANT ones :)

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Hope they don't forget the one major Shirley Temple film that has not been released on DVD -- POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL - it's one of her best and also has the added attraction of Alice Faye -- Temple and Faye were important major money-makers for Fox and should be part of this celebration. And how about those Monroe blu-rays?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I would be interested in a james cameron collection on dvd/bluray..
from the abyss to aliens to avatar to true lies.
thanks
Jacob

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by ajabrams

Hope they don't forget the one major Shirley Temple film that has not been released on DVD -- POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL - it's one of her best and also has the added attraction of Alice Faye -- Temple and Faye were important major money-makers for Fox and should be part of this celebration. And how about those Monroe blu-rays?
Maybe this will be in the next Alice Faye box?

Hoppy

Grip
Real Name
Jay
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I would also like to see more Michael Shayne. I had never run across the films before they were released on DVD. They are very entertaining little films and I'd like to see all of them on DVD.

Doug
I would like to see the remaining two Michael Shayne's released as well.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would be interested in a james cameron collection on dvd/bluray..
from the abyss to aliens to avatar to true lies.
thanks
Jacob

Jacob-
Of course Avatar is on the way--the one in April looks great and check out the interview clip in our Avatar coverage where James Cameron goes into detail about what we will see in the special edition. We know the Alien films will be out this year and James Cameron told me over the next year he is working on True Lies and the Abyss for Blu-ray has well.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Hopefully Fox will release a few more war classics in May for memorial day. I used to look forward to the studio announcement in May.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Billy-
before you wake up to look under your Christmas tree, you will be able to see that in fact trees don't just grow in Pandora, but they grow everywhere - including Brooklyn and maybe they grow because among other things Scorsese likes them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Finn

Billy-
before you wake up to look under your Christmas tree, you will be able to see that in fact trees don't just grow in Pandora, but they grow everywhere - including Brooklyn and maybe they grow because among other things Scorsese likes them.

Thank you for the hints on what is in the pipeline.

Crawdaddy

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
How is a roadshow box a great suggestion. I would like to see Fox release films they have not released before.
I thik Fox has now released ALL of their roadshow film, some several times.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
you did a fine job about the avatar press. I look forward to the bluray.
I was talking about a cameron collection.. fox titles related. from the abyss to avatar.

Jacob

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A "Road Show" collection would be a great way to get those never seen the light of day titles on DVD instead of recycling already out on DVD titles.

That way we can finally have those elusive Fox titles yet to make their DVD debuts like OKLAHOMA, CLEOPATRA, THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY, BLUE MAX, THE SAND PEBBLES, TORA TORA TORA, STAR!, PATTON, DOCTOR DOLITTLE, SOUTH PACIFIC, THE BIBLE, HELLO DOLLY, THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES, SOUND OF MUSIC and CAN-CAN.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, What are you taling about? All of those titles are on dvd.
Again, why do a rouadshow box. What could really be in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks