What's new

20th Century Fox --- 75th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson

Actually, it's just "Valley of the Dolls". Still an odd pairing, but not as odd as the one that you proposed. :)

Its both titles along with ALL ABOUT EVE.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Congratulations to 20th Century Fox. Now please celebrate the history of your studio by releasing some NEW classic films to DVD. If this celebration consists solely of repackaged titles, I will be extremely disappointed and will not be partaking (Even if they are Blu-Ray upgrades).

Very few titles would make me happier than a release of Kazan's "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" & "Man on a Tightrope"

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Dear Fox, after many of us bought All of your Tyrone Power films, including single and the Two box setws, It woulf be nice if you finish the series by releasing all of his unreleased films (there isn't that much more to go).

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator

My bad! That is an extremely strange pairing. :)
Well, fairly odd, but they're both directed by Mark Robson so not COMPLETELY insane ...

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Joe Caps

Dear Fox, after many of us bought All of your Tyrone Power films, including single and the Two box setws, It woulf be nice if you finish the series by releasing all of his unreleased films (there isn't that much more to go).
This ^

It drives me crazy that I still can't get an R1 of Suez, among others.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Will Rogers, one of Fox's earliest and biggest stars, needs another set. Or how about a Janet Gaynor collection to release some more of her early talkies that didnt make it to the Murnau/Borzage set. Either set could contain the 1933 version of State Fair.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
FOX FILMS and 20TH CENTURY PICTURES titles could be released as "Fox and 20th Before 20th Century Fox" :)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Betty Grable's 2nd Volume set is long overdue

I'm also sure a Henry Fonda set would go over well

Lastly, there's the unreleased academy award winner for best picture, Cavalcade

Pete York

Supporting Actor
I think Denny is on to something. If they're celebrating the 75th Anniversary (1935), they're not likely to be showcasing pre-merger releases. Otherwise, I'd certainly be on board with the Kazans, more Tyrone Power, and a resumption of the Film Noir line. Fonda's a real good idea, too. Get Tales of Manhattan in there.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn

Very few titles would make me happier than a release of Kazan's "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"
a personal favorite. remember when they had to catch the christmas tree thrown at them? stay tuned kids....

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Originally Posted by JoHud

Lastly, there's the unreleased academy award winner for best picture, Cavalcade
And Wilson (1944)!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037465/

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, more unreleased films would be very nice!

I would love to see The Incident released on DVD.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
a personal favorite. remember when they had to catch the christmas tree thrown at them? stay tuned kids....
THANK YOU for that enticing bit. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will be available for the holidays.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Originally Posted by Danny Burk

More silent and early sound sets......the John Ford and Murnau/Borzage boxes are among the best releases ever put together.
I definitely second this!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Second the motion on the rest of the Tyrone Power films (Suez, American Guerilla in the Phillippines, Diplomatic Courier, Pony Soldier, Untamed, King of the Kyber Rifles) which probably could be marketed as something like the "Tyrone Power Adventure Collection."

And the motion for the second Betty Grable set, and for the Gaynor State Fair.

Also, a newly restored version of the musical Sunny Side Up (also with Gaynor and her frequent on-screen partner Charles Farrell) is going to premiere at the TCM Classic Film Festival. I'm going to the festival and hope to see this on the big screen -- but since there is now a restored version it would be great to have it also on DVD. Maybe in that Gaynor set that's been suggested. :)

Well, as Gaynor warbles in Sunny Side Up, "I'm a Dreamer, Aren't We All." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks