What's new

2024 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just wow- the injured Padres infielder that is facing a lifetime ban for betting on games. Not brain surgery- if you have a nice life, and make a nice living, don’t blow it. SMH.
There are four more unnamed players under investigation for the same thing. I hope it doesn't affect my team, the Yankees.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are four more unnamed players under investigation for the same thing. I hope it doesn't affect my team, the Yankees.
The four players have been identified and all four were minor league players at the time they placed the bets for a total of less than $1000 each person. The bets were made 3-4 years ago. They’ve been suspended for one year.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just wow- the injured Padres infielder that is facing a lifetime ban for betting on games. Not brain surgery- if you have a nice life, and make a nice living, don’t blow it. SMH.
He was given a lifetime ban because he placed hundreds of bets for a total of 150K.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Yes...gambling again...

Permanently Banned:
--Tucupita Marcano (San Diego Padres infielder)

One Year Suspensions:
--Oakland Athletics (reliever Michael Kelly)
Minor-league players:
--Jay Groome (Padres pitcher)
--José Rodríguez (Philadelphia Phillies infielder)
--Andrew Saalfrank (Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher)

None of the players are appealing their suspension.

ALSO: MLB Closes Mizuhara Investigation
Ippei Mizuhara, the former interpreter for baseball superstar Shohei Ohtani, pleaded guilty to bank and tax fraud charges during a change-of-plea hearing in federal court on Tuesday morning, two counts that carry a maximum prison sentence of 33 years. After Mizuhara's guilty plea, Major League Baseball announced it was closing its investigation into the matter.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
True, but I’m more interested in what they did the last two postseasons And ‘93

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
After the Dodgers embarrassing series in Pittsburgh I was nervous about their game with the Yankees last night. Nervous for 11 innings!

I'm not a fan of players mic'd up on the field and Kiké Hernandez made an error while he was being asked a question by Dontrelle Willis. The way the inning played out it might've cost a run, but didn't. I read this later on, which I didn't know:

Baseball's collective bargaining agreement calls for a player to receive a $10,000 stipend for wearing a two-way microphone for at least one inning of a regular-season game. The amount rises to $15,000 in the postseason.

They get paid for this?

And: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he wasn't aware Hernández was being interviewed while in the field.

Wasn't aware? Shouldn't a manager have a say in these things? In this game I would have forbidden any players being distracted if I were the manager. I don't believe any Yankees players was wore a mic. Kiké had stated a couple times he couldn't even hear their questions because of the fan noise as well.

Interested to hear others opinions.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Watching the London game right now with the Phillies and Mets.
Mets ahead 1-0 in the third inning.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Incredible pregame show for the london series in an empty Yankee stadium.
There was apparently a really nice pre game ceremony that didn’t air because we needed to see the former Red Sox player run around the bases with a drone over head.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
After the Dodgers embarrassing series in Pittsburgh I was nervous about their game with the Yankees last night. Nervous for 11 innings!

I'm not a fan of players mic'd up on the field and Kiké Hernandez made an error while he was being asked a question by Dontrelle Willis. The way the inning played out it might've cost a run, but didn't. I read this later on, which I didn't know:

Baseball's collective bargaining agreement calls for a player to receive a $10,000 stipend for wearing a two-way microphone for at least one inning of a regular-season game. The amount rises to $15,000 in the postseason.

They get paid for this?

And: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said he wasn't aware Hernández was being interviewed while in the field.

Wasn't aware? Shouldn't a manager have a say in these things? In this game I would have forbidden any players being distracted if I were the manager. I don't believe any Yankees players was wore a mic. Kiké had stated a couple times he couldn't even hear their questions because of the fan noise as well.

Source?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

They get paid for this?

Maybe the Dodgers just need to pay their non-star players better or something, especially w/ what they saved from Ohtani's deal, LOL! ;):P:laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

You're not wrong. That crossed my mind, too! Especially when I read:

Kiké Hernández said he wouldn't reconsider whether to do in-game interviews in the future. "No, because we're getting paid," he said. "I like money."

The info I quoted was in this ESPN article:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrhaque-19
Recent bookmarks