What's new

2022 LG C2 and G2 owners thread (3 Viewers)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You both speak wisdom. I'm just so damned lazy. When it works right it's so cool. Chicks dig it when you just press one button and this cacophony of equipment powers on!

Okay, just kidding. I dig it.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Good catch Sam. If all goes as scheduled we'll have our first allocation of LG's 42" C2 the week of May 30th and likely sooner. Costco has all other retailers beat by one week.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam,

Any updates about your 77" display? Are you happy with it?
Yes. I’ve got it “good enough” calibrated based on settings from rtings and AVS and while I think I could get slightly higher specular highlights with a little work I love the way it looks as is. Highly recommended.

Hoping my 42c2 has shipped but no notice yet. I think I owe Robert a kidney so far :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also note the YouTube crew has found the HgIG hdr issue that had stumped me but I had not mentioned. I figured it was user error on my part so I just went back to HDR10 for gaming. Nope it’s actually bugged. More to follow

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1653459752045.gif
1653459752045.gif

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been thinking about a 48" C1 or C2 for my kitchen nook wall. I normally sit at my kitchen table when I use a laptop, so I would be sitting 3 to 4 feet from the screen.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Using Classy’s config really shows how badly borked HGIG is on the 77” G2. I hope you have been beating LG with wet noodles to get them fixing this stat @Robert_Zohn

Fortunately just using the dynamic setting looks great and it really pulls out all the highlights I knew the set was capable of.

But man, the menu system to get to the important fixes is goddamn random.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm greatly enjoying my C1, and now that I have the service remote, I can disable TPC to keep it from dimming during lengthy dark scenes in movies (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 4K made me wonder if I was losing my eyesight before I knew what the phenomenon was :lol:). I sure hope at some point LG can do a firmware update to address the TV confusing long dark scenes for static images...because CTHD (and other movies like it) have long night fight scenes that have plenty of movement on the screen, but for some reason the dimming algorithm doesn't recognize the movement.
I am seeing this same problem with my C1 on The Batman and more recently Bridge on the River Kwai. Did disabling TPC do anything else? I may have to turn it off, too, but found out that I can use my Harmony Remote instead (Logitech included the In-Start button as an optional button to be programmed).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks