What's new

2022 LG C2 and G2 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Per AVS posters something isn’t right with my tv. I don’t see the DTM menu at all.

picture, advanced setting, brightness
but only when the TV is in HDR mode
that’s more evidence my tv has been defective all along. I’ve not wanted to say I’ve been disappointed in the HDR modes but thought my c1 had better highlights. On screen I’m seeing a “Dolby vision” message pop up but it doesn’t seem to be recognized in the menus. There is no DTM menu under advanced.
938CE68D-B291-434A-ADC8-07C138E5C7B7.jpeg
938CE68D-B291-434A-ADC8-07C138E5C7B7.jpeg
1E8A7241-5F4C-4B0D-83C7-E16091A7408C.jpeg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sorry to hear your 77G2 may be defective!

Let's talk tomorrow, after you do these few things in this order.

First, unplug the tv from the electrical outlet for at least an hour to be sure we discharge the capacitors so the SoC will have to reload the new firmware with all of the files in the right positions.

Next upon restarting the tv check for firmware updates, after you completely install any updates turn the tv off so it can load the new software. Next see if any issues remain, if so then do a factory reset which you can find as an option in the user menu, and then you still need to unplug the TV from the electrical wall outlet or power off the power strip for at least a couple hours.

I understand your TV may very well be defective, but more often than not I've seen these procedures fix erratic power off and other crazy defects. Of course, we'll immediately replace the TV if these first try procedures don't completely resolve the TV issues.

It's good that we brought this out, we were able to discuss defects that any TV can have and things to try before replacing what in some cases is a perfectly fine TV.

Hope you don't mind the plug, but that's one of the very nice benefits of doing business with us is that we can diagnose and in many cases fix what you would think is a defect in the TV and that if the TV is defective we can arrange for a replacement, and with the optional services we offer of the full Q/C, proper break-in, and top professional calibration you are assured to receive a very good sample of the TV and tuned to deliver its best picture quality. We calibrate high and low ambient light viewing picture modes for FHD/SDR, 4K HDR10, and Dolby Vision HDR.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It looos like it may be the LG having confusion with the Xbox implementation of Dolby Vision for gaming. More testing to follow. It’s definitely not electrical or cable related as far as we can see. And it has the latest firmware.

I’m using hdr10 for gaming in the meantime. Will have to try a few different sources in addition to the xbox

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Seems pretty stable in Dolby Vision on Apple TV and HDR10 on Xbox. So fingers crossed. Would still like a bit more pop on the highlights but I think that could be fixed with calibration. It’s great in daytime but it really comes alive at night.

B02D4D46-D5B6-45BE-B1A1-AD54AFF9B0BC.jpeg
9365B120-A503-4B34-BEAF-7C22D6EFA94D.jpeg
589E1E28-91B1-4014-877C-93C353D3D430.jpeg
8061768D-7B09-4FE7-941F-3FD385623C66.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I spoke to Wendy today at Value and she was just as sharp as @Robert_Zohn at coming up with things to try. :)

And one of her suggestions may just be it. On the Apple TV I think there are two menu options for CEC and I turned that one off. Will test more tomorrow!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Lol CEC is such a blessing and a curse. I wish the manufacturers would get on the same page and implement it properly.

I don't have problems with stuff accidentally shutting off, but I do occasionally have problems with stuff turning on. Most irritating example is my Panny UHD player. When I hit Power on my Apple TV, what should happen is that it turns on, as well as the TV and the receiver which sets itself to the proper input. The majority of the time it does this. But then my Panny will get a wild hair up its butt and randomly decide to also turn on, which then once it gets to its menu (about 10 seconds as I don't have QuickStart enabled) it then triggers the receiver to switch to the Panny's input, away from the Apple TV.

Drives me nuts on the occasions that it happens. Glad you got it figured out, Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks