What's new

2022 LG C2 and G2 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The gang of YouTubers, plus AVS and other forums are going ballistic over the S95B brightness and color gamut improvements above and beyond what LG has done. If you are buying a 55 or 65 OLED you might want to let the dust settle on that or swap your order fast because supplies may be limited.

As someone buying a 42 and 77 it doesn’t affect me.

As someone who demands Dolby Vision regardless of calibrators sniffing about its accuracy, buying a tv without it is a deal breaker. I don’t recommend anyone buy a tv without DV but everyone has different priorities.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The gang of YouTubers, plus AVS and other forums are going ballistic over the S95B brightness and color gamut improvements above and beyond what LG has done. If you are buying a 55 or 65 OLED you might want to let the dust settle on that or swap your order fast because supplies may be limited.

As someone buying a 42 and 77 it doesn’t affect me.

As someone who demands Dolby Vision regardless of calibrators sniffing about its accuracy, buying a tv without it is a deal breaker. I don’t recommend anyone buy a tv without DV but everyone has different priorities.
There are also some quality control issues with that S95B especially with it being a new tech. My days as an early adopter are over with.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not directly related to C2 but...thank god for the internet and A/V communities like ours. I just ordered the Service Remote from Amazon and will be disabling TPC on my C1. I thought I was going nuts in thinking my C1 would occasionally dim when displaying extended dark scenes in movies...turns out it is the automatic static brightness limiter function which is a totally useful tool that dims the OLED when you leave a static image on there. But unfortunately it turns out dim scenes "fool" the TV into thinking it's a static image and so the TV starts to dim.

So now I need to be very careful not to actually leave static images on there for extended periods once the remote arrives and I disable TPC. I normally am very diligent in avoiding that and primarily use my TV for HT, so hopefully this won't bite me in the backside...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to your review once the G2 is up and running. I'm greatly enjoying my C1, and now that I have the service remote, I can disable TPC to keep it from dimming during lengthy dark scenes in movies (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 4K made me wonder if I was losing my eyesight before I knew what the phenomenon was :lol:). I sure hope at some point LG can do a firmware update to address the TV confusing long dark scenes for static images...because CTHD (and other movies like it) have long night fight scenes that have plenty of movement on the screen, but for some reason the dimming algorithm doesn't recognize the movement.

I'm looking at late 2023 or 2024 for my next OLED upgrade, but judging by LG's numbering system that may be too early for me to be able to buy a...

6iu4EDOw8q8m968t1xKuJTVMo1_500.png

G5...player...player...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sam,

Perhaps you can talk me down from the ledge, but that Sony X95K 85" model is looking sweet to me. I'm not buying anything until that July 9th shootout because I'm so conflicted now,.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sam is there a reason the Series X dashboard is saying that TV doesn't support a bunch of the features? The C1 ticks off all those boxes. Do you have it running through an AVR that isn't passing through those signals?

Nevermind, just saw your comment about HDMI 2.1 receiver.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah I was going to take my gen1 hdmi 2.1 Denon off my computer stack but figured I’d just leave that there for the c2 incoming. Again, plans changed. We adapt. Denon 2700 incoming from @Robert_Zohn and I may have to add Denon’s 3 hdmi switch to the mix down the road if I ever get a cheap PS5 to put in this room. As is the Xbox is all I need.

Hey Robert, proof that it’s full flush no gap!!!! :)
FF2908CB-9BC7-4FA2-8266-34BC1496B82E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks