What's new

2022 LG C2 and G2 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
The Eagle has landed and is in our house! LG's 77" G2 is now available at Value Electronics!

LG 77G2  shipment.png

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Today we had LG's 2022 77" G2 Gallery Series OLED TV unveiling. We're now shipping 65" and 77" G2s from 5 warehouses and locally from our Scarsdale NY store.

Later tonight YouTube channel Spare Change will have the unboxing, set-up and initial impressions.

Summum_Malum

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I see that the 42" and 48" C2s don't have the EVO panels. I look forward to reviews comparing the 42" and 48", as my trigger finger is getting itchy to grab my very first OLED. I'm also waiting for A90k reviews...

Right now I have a TCL R615.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
LG Electronics US website themselves broke the launch prices a day early on the C2 and G2 OLED TVs.

LG's 42" C2 is $1,399.99

LG's 55" G2 $2,199, 65" G2 $2,999, and the 83" G2 $6,499.

LG also listed a lower price for the 77" G2 at $3,999. It was scheduled to launch next week for $4,199 so this is a pleasant surprise and very aggressive launch price for this premium TV.

We updated our website accordingly.
@Robert_Zohn - Did LG rescind on the lower $3999 price for the G2 77"? It is still showing $4199 on your website in the description and option drop-down.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
When LG posted the 77G2 price on their website the $3,999.99 price was an error and they fixed it in three hours. We saw the $3,999 price and I matched it on our website and corrected the price when LG fixed it on their website.

I believe the $200 lower price is a future sale. One good thing is because of the very reasonable launch prices when they do go on sale the prices will only be modestly lower. In past years the launch prices were much higher and as the year moved along the prices would drop more aggressively.

Forum members are encouraged to email, PM or call me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I spent all day watching videos on Youtube in which some of them had Robert Zohn. Yup, I'm purchasing the 77" G2! I'm just waiting on that pedestal stand because I can fit it in the same footprint as the 65E6P, it's replacing.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@Dave Upton, not sure which OLED module we'll have for the 42C2 in the US. I was told it will not be the same evo EX OLED panel; that is used in the 55" - 83" C2.

@Robert Crawford, Yes LG's G2 warranty is one year for all parts and labor and an additional 4 years for the OLED panel only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
After gifting myself a 65" C1 for Christmas, it's going to be hard to ever step back down from OLED. I'm probably 18 months away from considering perhaps a 77" upgrade (I'm on the hook for a major life purchase whose monthly payments finishes up in that time) so I'll definitely be looking at the C3 (or C4) variants at that time. I posted a thread in this forum how the performance of OLED that I'd gotten used to over the last five months absolutely spoiled me for a standard xenon projection of the new Fantastic Beasts movie this weekend. It was the first time I sat in a theater and thought "my picture quality at home would be better (albeit, smaller)". Still love the IMAX and Dolby Cinema Laser Projection Systems, though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks