What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That’s fair, but I think the joy of playing was missing this past season.

I agree with this. Something was different this season with him and in that last thing where they had a microphone on him during a game seemed to show he was tired, and his teammates were not buying in. He literally asks a teammate to rip the mic off him because he knows what it is showing.

Now, is it real this time? I think so, because he is free in March to sign wherever he wants. When he retired the last time it was part of a scheme to get him out of Tampa and to Miami. So, that was not a real retirement. Maybe he already got an answer through backdoor channels that the 49ers did not want to sign him.

I think he is best to retire. At 46 he could go over that QB cliff and just be terrible next season. He went out on a good note. He could still play, only Mahomes and Herbert threw for more yards than he did, no shame in that. He really should have retired after his Super Bowl win in Tampa. That would have been the best moment.

Hopefully, this is it and now we will see more Tom Brady than ever because he is going to be on FOX.

Now, if something changes, the 49ers do make a pitch for him to play one more season, would he do it? Probably. He is single with a line of super models and actresses lining up to be with him so, that should help him ease into retirement.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Should be interesting. While everyone was blaming Wilson for all of their woes, Troy Aikman made the observation that, yes, Wilson has lost a step or two, but he didn't think the receivers were running good, precise routes, and a few other small observations that indicated to him that the team just wasn't coached very well.

Maybe Wilson will be comeback player of the year next season.

Well, if Troy watched Wilson play, he was a large part of the problem because he looked terrible. Yes, I think the offense was dismal and poorly run but Wilson did not look anything like his old self. Not even close. I am sure Payton will attempt to make this better but I think the best he can do is put a bandage on it. I do not think Wilson turns back into the player he was. He was starting to slip while he was in Seattle. It looks like it is just the normal decline cycle taking place.

I think the best thing that Denver could do next season is be absolutely terrible to give them a real shot at using their first pick on Caleb Williams. They should be one of the teams in the running for him.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
They have draft picks left to trade?

Their 2023 draft is basically shot to hell. They did pick up a low first which went in this trade for Payton. The Saints had at one point capped the first round pick, I believe, at they would take no lower than the 23rd pick. That put the Broncos out of the running, and then the Broncos became the only team that seemed willing to give up picks for Payton, so the Saints said they would take more than just a first round pick.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Right, we're going to find out just how good of a HC Payton is.

He is definitely a better coach than Hackett. Denver has talent on defense and so if he has a good DC, I think they should be better. I think what we will see for sure is if Wilson has anything at all left in the tank. They won't bring in much with the 2023 draft, so the roster should not see much of a shake up unless they trade off some assets to start accumulating 2024 and beyond picks. If I were Payton, I would tear the team apart, trade away as much as I could, and look to 2024 to be the beginning of a full reboot.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Here's who the Broncos will face in 2023:

Broncos will host the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, Jets, Browns, and Commanders. In addition to the Dolphins, the Broncos will visit the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Lions, Bears, Bills, and Texans.​

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It's an interesting schedule that could produce a lot of losses. We don't really know how teams like the Browns, Jets, Commanders and Texans will be. They all have some rather huge question marks hanging over them, particularly with regards to who will be playing QB and how good these QBs will be. We also don't know if Rodgers is a Packer next season. He probably is based on them owing him $60 million, but they could trade him. The Jets are obviously interested but Rodgers would need to approve that trade I believe.

I see about 5 winnable games there just glancing at it. It all depends on how those teams are playing next season and how much the Broncos improve or don't improve. I think to be in the running for the 1st pick in round 1, you want to keep your win total to no more than 2 games.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Here's who the Broncos will face in 2023:

Broncos will host the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, Jets, Browns, and Commanders. In addition to the Dolphins, the Broncos will visit the Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Lions, Bears, Bills, and Texans.​

Something's not right, that list has them playing the Raiders only once.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Something's not right, that list has them playing the Raiders only once.

Yes, they left off the away game against the Raiders. They play all the AFC West teams twice.

I expect the Chiefs and Chargers games to be tough. With the Raiders, we don't really know who will be playing QB. I would expect the Raiders to improve but until we know who their QB is for 2023, I don't think we can expect them to improve. So, the Broncos could beat the Raiders twice.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Probably whomever is worse in the AFC West has a better shot at Caleb Williams. I think we would all guess that either the Raiders or Broncos will finish last. The Broncos have a starting QB that we know at the moment totally stinks, the Raiders have Stidham who probably is not going to be their starting QB in 2023, but if he is, they probably lose a lot of games.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know that the 2023 schedule has been announced yet. Who knows where Mike Florio is getting his info.

If you add a Raiders away game, one of the home games has to be wrong as they only play 17 games total.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't know that the 2023 schedule has been announced yet. Who knows where Mike Florio is getting his info.

If you add a Raiders away game, one of the home games has to be wrong as they only play 17 games total.

He likely screwed up the opponents list but I believe they know who they will play because they rotate the divisions and I think match them up based on W-L records. I think that's how they do it. So, I think he would know the opponents but not the dates yet.

I mean if he does not know this, I am not sure why he would have wrote that yesterday.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

The games are pre-determined before the season. Divisions rotate against each other, and the remaining games are based on where a team finishes within their division. Apparently, for 2023 the AFC West plays the AFC East and NFC North. Five of the remaining six games are against the teams from the other divisions that finish in the same place -- i.e. 1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc. Not sure how the final, 17th, game is determined, as it's pretty new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks