What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Garappolo is a UFA and would not be resigned. I would expect Brady to sign a one year, team-friendly deal if this happens. He doesn't need the money, has a history of signing for less than market value, and would be going to the best situation to win one more Super Bowl, which is what he cares about.
That’s my point, Brady signing for 40-50M per would be tough.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If that was Brady's price, I doubt the Niners would sign him. However, I would expect him to play for significantly less than that for an opportunity to play for a legitimate SB contender. He's motivated by winning championships, not the money (which is easier to do when you have as much $$$ as Brady). And there is really no other opportunity like this out there for him.

If Purdy doesn't get hurt, I don't think there is any way SF would consider Brady. Now, however, San Fran may face going into next season with a loaded roster, but relying on unproven Trey Lance as their starter and no legitimate backup. They would be much more comfortable with a Brady + Lance QB tandem than Lance + a mediocre backup such as Josh Johnson or Mason Rudolph.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Today’s Bronco HC news is that everyone who has been mentioned is no longer being considered. It almost sounds like they’re starting over.

So, the reporting is the candidate list is Eagles DC Jon Gannon, Giants OC Mike Kafka and Bengals OC Brian Callahan.

I would say the weirdest aspect of the whole thing is after Harbaugh signed his new contract with Michigan, the Denver brass flew in and interviewed him again and it was reported that he told them that if he returned to the NFL, the Denver job is the one he wants. I mostly think Harbaugh is stringing NFL teams along to make sure he keeps dangling that over Michigan. I mean he literally told the Broncos he was still open to taking their job right after signing to stay in Michigan.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Was the Motor Mouth openly rooting for Mahomes?
He was neck deep up Mahomes' ass, but overall he was just being his usual numb-nut self. And everything out of his mouth was YELLED AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS!!!!!!! And he kept saying completely obvious things like, "I don't know, Jim, are they going to do "this" or are they going to do "that""? Well it's pretty likely to be one or the other you moronic bag of crap.

I really don't know why Jim Nantz puts up with him. I'd ask to be paired with someone else or there would be a homicide in the booth during one of the games. He needs to take a page from color commentators through the years on other teams. Sometimes they were quiet for so long you wondered if they'd gone to sleep or left for a bathroom break. They didn't feel the need to fill every second with mindless blather.

Greg Olsen on Fox is such a better commentator, and he's only been doing it a year or two. You'd think Romo would have learned a few things by now, but his single-digit IQ apparently doesn't allow for new learnin'.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

They definitely should not do that. Lance would have to start if there is any delay in Purdy playing in 2023. I mean, I agree they should just grab a back-up and that is that. Lance did not pick-up the offense as quickly as Purdy and does not look like he was processing what is happening on the field as well as Purdy, but he has the better arm and better physical skill set.

Brady loves the 49ers, it was his favorite team growing up, he dreamed of playing for them. I do believe if he signed there he would give them the biggest discount just to wear the red and gold. Plus, yes, they are a Super Bowl ready team. So, of anywhere he could go, the 49ers are the best chance at going to the Super Bowl.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
He was neck deep up Mahomes' ass, but overall he was just being his usual numb-nut self. And everything out of his mouth was YELLED AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS!!!!!!! And he kept saying completely obvious things like, "I don't know, Jim, are they going to do "this" or are they going to do "that""? Well it's pretty likely to be one or the other you moronic bag of crap.

I really don't know why Jim Nantz puts up with him. I'd ask to be paired with someone else or there would be a homicide in the booth during one of the games. He needs to take a page from color commentators through the years on other teams. Sometimes they were quiet for so long you wondered if they'd gone to sleep or left for a bathroom break. They didn't feel the need to fill every second with mindless blather.

Greg Olsen on Fox is such a better commentator, and he's only been doing it a year or two. You'd think Romo would have learned a few things by now, but his single-digit IQ apparently doesn't allow for new learnin'.

The one thing I found fairly intolerable about Romo was a commercial they ran during the game of him doing an impression of Bill Murray in Caddyshack. I think during games I kind of tone him out because I barely hear a word he says.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
File this under "Huh, really?"

It seems that Brady did see his opening to get to the 49ers with Purdy going down and is angling to do so according to some reporting. My question is this, do we already know Purdy won't be ready for the 2023 season? I'm still a bit baffled by the idea the 49ers would want Brady.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Oh, wow- I just saw the late hit that won the game for the Chiefs. All I have to say is I’m glad I didn’t watch that live- I would likely be in a hospital bed right now, with stroke symptoms. That was, to say the least, unacceptable.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
File this under "Huh, really?"

It seems that Brady did see his opening to get to the 49ers with Purdy going down and is angling to do so according to some reporting. My question is this, do we already know Purdy won't be ready for the 2023 season? I'm still a bit baffled by the idea the 49ers would want Brady.
We won't know anything definite until they determine the extent of Purdy's injury with an MRI. The story at PFT that Robert quoted previously said if the tendon was ruptured, it would require the equivalent of TJ surgery, but that the recovery period is different for NFL QB's vs. MLB pitchers (not spelled out, but I take that to mean a QB would have a faster/shorter recovery time).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We won't know anything definite until they determine the extent of Purdy's injury with an MRI. The story at PFT that Robert quoted previously said if the tendon was ruptured, it would require the equivalent of TJ surgery, but that the recovery period is different for NFL QB's vs. MLB pitchers (not spelled out, but I take that to mean a QB would have a faster/shorter recovery time).
Thank you!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That will be the main question, if Purdy does indeed need surgery (which is still unknown). If Purdy will be ready for the start of the regular season, then SF would probably be comfortable with a Purdy + Lance QB situation. If Purdy will miss a significant amount of the season, though, I could see them not being comfortable with just Lance. The 49ers are in win-now mode, and Lance is completely unproven. I would think that Garappolo would be looking for a longer term commitment than a single year, which San Fran would probably be reluctant to do. That's where a door could open for Brady.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That will be the main question, if Purdy does indeed need surgery (which is still unknown). If Purdy will be ready for the start of the regular season, then SF would probably be comfortable with a Purdy + Lance QB situation. If Purdy will miss a significant amount of the season, though, I could see them not being comfortable with just Lance. The 49ers are in win-now mode, and Lance is completely unproven. I would think that Garappolo would be looking for a longer term commitment than a single year, which San Fran would probably be reluctant to do. That's where a door could open for Brady.

Lance will be in year three, which should make him pretty well prepared to play after the time he has spent with Shanahan and his staff. Obviously, Purdy was a good fit and quick study because he went in and performed well right away. It did give the 49ers a perfect situation, two young QBs on rookie deals, they can spend their money on the rest of the roster. Bringing in Brady for a Super Bowl run is fine, they do have the team for it, and I imagine Brady would almost pay them to wear a 49ers uniform...so they will get the biggest Brady discount. However, I think if Purdy can't go, they should play Lance. Just get him a veteran back-up. I think after seeing Purdy play, Lance should be fired up to get on the field. He should be working twice as hard to get the job.

I would rather start Lance than pay Brady at 46.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I haven’t googled or peeked at the opening line for the game in 2 weeks. My guess is Chiefs laying 3-1/2 or 4.

Edit- I sure called this wrong. It’s Eagles favored by 2! Wow!

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks