What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I watched on Paramount + so couldn't rewind, but on that last drive on second down how was that not grounding? No receiver in sight and ball didn't get back to the line of scrimmage.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I watched on Paramount + so couldn't rewind, but on that last drive on second down how was that not grounding? No receiver in sight and ball didn't get back to the line of scrimmage.

Because “they” wanted Mahomes in the Super Bowl

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Because that was Patrick Mahomes. NFL wants KC in the SB, so when he does the same exact thing as Burrow on the prior drive it's not a penalty for him.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Because that was Patrick Mahomes. NFL wants KC in the SB, so when he does the same exact thing as Burrow on the prior drive it's not a penalty for him.
I totally get that, but none of the announcers mentioned it, and the Cincinnati bench didn't seem too upset about it (or if they were CBS didn't show it.). That's why I asked, was Mahomes out of the pocket?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
So I just pulled up the game on the NFL+ app and rewatched 2nd and 4. Mahomes dropped straight back, stayed right between the hashmarks and threw the ball to no one. It hit in the middle of the KC logo and there was no one, not even an ineligible receiver, within five yards of the ball. So I ask again, what am I missing here?

It looked really obvious in real time, and even worse upon replay.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s sort of like how for years if anyone even gave Tom Brady a harsh look, they got a personal foul.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I really hope you’re wrong about games are influenced by which teams the league and networks want to see on the field. Seems to me intentional grounding just isn’t called any longer, no matter how blatant. All part of the rules bailing out and helping offense in the game.

I’m bummed that the Chiefs are in- now I have zero interest in watching.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tom Brady just may have found his home for 2023.
I don’t know how they make that work salary cap-wise without hurting the rest of the team because they have to let other really good players go that are looking to get paid too. That stout defense would lose some key players.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Another quick word on the late hit last night- Bengals fans are only too familiar with a player who does something dumb at a key moment in a playoff game. Nothing was done about that a few years ago. Accountability is needed.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don’t know how they make that work salary cap-wise without hurting the rest of the team because they have to let other really good players go that are looking to get paid too. That stout defense would lose some key players.
Garappolo is a UFA and would not be resigned. I would expect Brady to sign a one year, team-friendly deal if this happens. He doesn't need the money, has a history of signing for less than market value, and would be going to the best situation to win one more Super Bowl, which is what he cares about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks