What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Speaking of Quinn, Dallas announced yesterday that he will remain their DC next season.

Whether that is because no one wanted him as a HC or because he really likes his current position, who knows?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Speaking of Quinn, Dallas announced yesterday that he will remain their DC next season.

Whether that is because no one wanted him as a HC or because he really likes his current position, who knows?

I would not hire Quinn to be a HC, he basically was terrible in Atlanta, and once Shanahan left that was incredibly obvious. He's a good DC and should stick to that. The NFL recycles though and he was a hot interview target.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I would not hire Quinn to be a HC, he basically was terrible in Atlanta, and once Shanahan left that was incredibly obvious. He's a good DC and should stick to that. The NFL recycles though and he was a hot interview target.
Wade Phillips was mentioned earlier. HC in Buffalo back to DC, HC in Denver, back to DC, HC in Dallas, back to DC.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, the Bears have the first choice in the draft and now have leaked that they are considering trading Justin Fields and taking Bryce Young with the first pick. Everybody is running with this story. Um, this seems to me to be exactly what you would want to say if you wanted to trade out of the first pick and you are looking to get the most for that pick. You LIE and claim you want to take a new QB with that pick. I assume someone will trade with the Bears to get the first pick. I don't think the Bears want to trade Justin Fields, by all accounts they seem to really like him, the team is just not very good so they need a lot of help. Hence, get someone to trade with you for that first pick and amass more picks.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So, the Bears have the first choice in the draft and now have leaked that they are considering trading Justin Fields and taking Bryce Young with the first pick. Everybody is running with this story. Um, this seems to me to be exactly what you would want to say if you wanted to trade out of the first pick and you are looking to get the most for that pick. You LIE and claim you want to take a new QB with that pick. I assume someone will trade with the Bears to get the first pick. I don't think the Bears want to trade Justin Fields, by all accounts they seem to really like him, the team is just not very good so they need a lot of help. Hence, get someone to trade with you for that first pick and amass more picks.
I think it’s a safe assumption the Bears trade the pick, instead of taking the defensive tackle that’s highly touted with the #1 pick (could still work out that they get the DT anyway, depending on which team trades with them).

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think it’s a safe assumption the Bears trade the pick, instead of taking the defensive tackle that’s highly touted with the #1 pick (could still work out that they get the DT anyway, depending on which team trades with them).

I think the Bears want to trade back twice if they can pull it off. I think they would like to get the Texans to trade up to the 1, get the second pick, and trade back again maybe with the Colts, swapping the 2 pick for the 4. If they can pull that off, it will be impressive.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Dolphins have said they are out on bringing in Brady. They are committing to Tua, which I assume means he will play in 2023. That being the case, the market for Brady has shrunk again. It's coming down to just the Raiders if he wants to play.

Well, I guess the Titans are still alive but I don't think they want him.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I saw a headline recently at another site about the Bills coach refuting the thought that the window is closing on the team. Why would this be in the mind of some? Are the Bills heading into salary cap Hell, due to Allen’s deal?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I saw a headline recently at another site about the Bills coach refuting the thought that the window is closing on the team. Why would this be in the mind of some? Are the Bills heading into salary cap Hell, due to Allen’s deal?

There is a new theory that seems popular in the NFL that you have to win a Super Bowl while your franchise QB is on his rookie deal, otherwise when you have to give him the big money contract you won't be able to pay the surrounding cast he needs to win.

Not sure I agree with that theory but it is a big thing right now with some.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
There is a new theory that seems popular in the NFL that you have to win a Super Bowl while your franchise QB is on his rookie deal, otherwise when you have to give him the big money contract you won't be able to pay the surrounding cast he needs to win.

Not sure I agree with that theory but it is a big thing right now with some.
I know it used to be a stat that said a team
never won a Super Bowl with more than a $20 million cap hit on the QB. Don’t know if this is still a fact.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I know it used to be a stat that said a team
never won a Super Bowl with more than a $20 million cap hit on the QB. Don’t know if this is still a fact.

Not sure but these guys now are getting a lot more than that. Rodgers is due $60 million this season and I don't even think he is in the top 3. I could be wrong but I think now $40 million is a bargain price for a QB.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Going into next season, the 3 AFC teams that are going to be under pressure to perform are the Browns, Bills and Chargers, probably in that order too.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Going into next season, the 3 AFC teams that are going to be under pressure to perform are the Browns, Bills and Chargers, probably in that order too.

Yes, the Browns gave crazy money to Watson and so far he does not look like the same QB.

The Bills have to get to a Super Bowl, Allen was amazing at the end of 2021, not anywhere near that at the end of 2022.

Herbert had the cast, but they never all got on the field.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Dolphins have said they are out on bringing in Brady. They are committing to Tua, which I assume means he will play in 2023. That being the case, the market for Brady has shrunk again. It's coming down to just the Raiders if he wants to play.

Well, I guess the Titans are still alive but I don't think they want him.
The Titans should want him, and he would definitely have an easier path to the playoffs in Tennessee.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the Bears want to trade back twice if they can pull it off. I think they would like to get the Texans to trade up to the 1, get the second pick, and trade back again maybe with the Colts, swapping the 2 pick for the 4. If they can pull that off, it will be impressive.
I think it's too early in the draft process to make that determination. Teams usually don't fall in love with a draft prospect until after they conduct personal interviews and workouts especially in regard to the QB position. The Bears are in full rebuild mode and Fields was not selected by the current regime. After next season, a decision will have to be made about Field's 5th year rookie option. Building a playoff contender during your QB's rookie deal is imperative in keeping more talent to support your QB.

I'm just saying this current Bears regime could fall in love with a QB during this draft process which could result in a change with their thought process about Fields and the future.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That's why Brady used to regularly restructure his deals in New England so they could afford some other supporting cast. If young QB's want to win SB's, they cannot drain the entire team's finances.

It really looks like nobody will ever come close to what Brady accomplished because the new way they seem to be going is not to hang on to QBs for as long as the Patriots hung on to Brady. I think what many teams are looking at now is possibly not keeping a QB more than two contract cycles. If they do that, well, it will be near impossible to get close to what Brady did. Brady set a standard that pissed off other players because he gave discounts to the team and the result was a whole bunch of Super Bowl and playoff appearances. Lamar Jackson said at one point he wants to be the first QB with a billion dollar contract. Well. good luck with that if you are. I mean if they are paying him that, they will need to have mostly bargain basement players surrounding him.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, there are a lot of players, especially younger, that are only interested in the personal payday without regard for the "team" or playoffs/SB accomplishments. It's all about the Benjamins, as they say.

I wonder if Brady is pissed off that he can't just pick where he wants to play and they'll gladly sign him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks