What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Apparently not -- traded their 2023 pick to Detroit for Stafford
Lions are in a good spot going forward- they will have a top 5 pick, and their own pick (low-mid teens at this point). Nice to see they’re showing signs of life with Campbell.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Von Miller is out for the rest of the year after they found an ACL injury during exploratory surgery. This is the second ACL tear Miller had that was repaired during this surgery.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Rams claimed Mayfield!

According to what I read, the interesting aspect of this is the Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim for Mayfield. The 49ers did not bother, nor did any of the other teams they were speculating were discussing going after him. Only the Rams showed an interest. The Rams were my second choice in terms of where I wanted to see Mayfield go because of McVay and to see if he can get anything out of him. I don't think the Rams will make the playoffs so we'll see and the Rams will turn things back over to Stafford whenever he comes back, so for Mayfield, the Rams are just a showcase for what he may be able to do so he can get another job. Some anonymous NFL people have supposedly made comments though saying that Mayfield does not have what it takes to play at the NFL level and that he will have a hard time keeping a back-up job.

The other team that I think should have maybe picked up Mayfield was the Giants. Daboll could have seen what he thought of him at little cost. Oh well, it is the Rams and maybe McVay's final run. I think he already wishes he took the money to go to the booth.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The other team that I think should have maybe picked up Mayfield was the Giants. Daboll could have seen what he thought of him at little cost. Oh well, it is the Rams and maybe McVay's final run. I think he already wishes he took the money to go to the booth.
I don't want Mayfield anywhere near my Giants. The New York media would eat him up alive.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't want Mayfield anywhere near my Giants. The New York media would eat him up alive.

No worries of that happening at this point. Check out this comment on Mayfield from today:

Mayfield might be the worst No. 1 overall QB selection in the NFL Draft since JaMarcus Russell of the Raiders in 2007. To be fair, though, Mayfield has yet to reach the depths Russell did.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
No worries of that happening at this point. Check out this comment on Mayfield from today:

Mayfield might be the worst No. 1 overall QB selection in the NFL Draft since JaMarcus Russell of the Raiders in 2007. To be fair, though, Mayfield has yet to reach the depths Russell did.
Who said this?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you Baker Mayfield! You prove my point to my brother that the Raiders aren't that good. Lose to the Colts with a broadcaster as HC and then Mayfield with a new team just 48 hours later.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
These players often complain that they want to be treated like grown men, but then act like they're still in high school.

McDaniels was screaming "bullshit" on the sideline, but replay shows it was a completely legitimate penalty.

The Raiders guy who was doing the "griddy" while their punt dribbled along the sideline prior to the final winning series should also have been flagged. How foolish does all that celebrating look now?

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
These players often complain that they want to be treated like grown men, but then act like they're still in high school.

McDaniels was screaming "bullshit" on the sideline, but replay shows it was a completely legitimate penalty.

The Raiders guy who was doing the "griddy" while their punt dribbled along the sideline prior to the final winning series should also have been flagged. How foolish does all that celebrating look now?
I went to bed in the early 3rd quarter, as the Rams were doing absolutely nothing. What happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks