2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not that obvious.
Maybe the Eagles coach has his hat in the ring too. Vikings. That’s all I can think of.
It's true about the Eagles, but the Eagles were thought to be one of the favorites in the NFC as most people picked Seattle to finish dead last in their division and be a candidate for having one of the worse records in the NFL.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
It's true about the Eagles, but the Eagles were thought to be one of the favorites in the NFC as most people picked Seattle to finish dead last in their division and be a candidate for having one of the worse records in the NFL.
Yes that was my thought when I posted about Carroll- preseason expectations were the Seahawks were not going to compete.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, if Eagles runs the tables and finishes 16-1 then their HC will most likely win Coach of the Year. Anyhow, a lot of football is still to be played.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
By the way, if Eagles runs the tables and finishes 16-1 then their HC will most likely win Coach of the Year. Anyhow, a lot of football is still to be played.
Eagles remaining schedule-

at Giants
at Bears
at Cowboys
vs Saints
vs Giants

Eagles lose in Dallas, but could likely win the other 4. Seems that Eagles and your team always play close games.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Eagles remaining schedule-

at Giants
at Bears
at Cowboys
vs Saints
vs Giants

Eagles lose in Dallas, but could likely win the other 4. Seems that Eagles and your team always play close games.
Man, the Giants aren't winning either of those Eagles games. As to the Cowboys, perhaps, but I'm rooting for the Eagles as I hate that team over any other since New England has fallen back to earth.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Man, the Giants aren't winning either of those Eagles games. As to the Cowboys, perhaps, but I'm rooting for the Eagles as I hate that team over any other since New England has fallen back to earth.
Yes I also loathe the Cowboys.

Eagles still have a little margin for error- if they lose in Dallas, and win all the other games left, they win the division, no matter what the Cowboys do.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Speaking of close games
The Vikings are 9-0 in one score games and in second are the Eagles at 5-0

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
"49ers lose QB Jimmy Garoppolo for the rest of the season."

View attachment 165506

So, the report that I was really kind of surprised about was that the 49ers are supposedly going to keep Garoppolo, he wants to stay, and he will be their starter for the 2023 season. Trey Lance they are claiming will not be their starter until 2024.

One thing has been obvious this season. With Jimmy, the 49ers are a playoff contender, without him...not so much.

If this report is true, it is great news for other QBs that may be moving next season and for teams with QBs they would like to trade.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It looks like Baker Mayfield is getting waived today by Carolina. I wonder if anybody like San Francisco will claim him?

Someone should grab Mayfield. The 49ers are a prime suspect. I'd like to see what Shanahan can do with Mayfield. I mean, if you pick-up Baker for nothing and only need to have him around until the end of the season, he's a pretty nice grab.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Tampa needs 2 late scores at home to beat a bad Saints team. They’ll win that division, only because there’s no competition. Brady will add to his unbeatable records- 20 seasons in the playoffs. They might even win a home game, because the wild card teams have questions and doubts. They’re likely not getting deep into the playoffs, even in a bad NFC.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Here are the 9 teams that are said to be exploring picking up Baker Mayfield. Houston Texans, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

I kind of figured the Seahawks or 49ers were the most obvious, but since he will cost very little, I can see any of those teams grabbing him as a sort of tryout for the rest of the season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here are the 9 teams that are said to be exploring picking up Baker Mayfield. Houston Texans, Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

I kind of figured the Seahawks or 49ers were the most obvious, but since he will cost very little, I can see any of those teams grabbing him as a sort of tryout for the rest of the season.
TBH, I don’t even care about Mayfield. I’m done discussing at great length quarterbacks that turn out to be mediocre or worse.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
TBH, I don’t even care about Mayfield. I’m done discussing at great length quarterbacks that turn out to be mediocre or worse.

Honestly, I thought he was a mistake when the Browns took him but interesting how high the experts were on him. I do wonder how good or bad he is. He looked to be improving to a quality starter with the Browns but then he regressed and had injuries that did not help him. He also was a jerk which sunk him with Cleveland. I think he may have had the talent to be an NFL starter, not a great one but a guy that could start and operate an offense.

He was terrible with the Panthers, so now I think he maybe has lost his confidence and now could have dropped into the realm of NFL back-up for good. While I am not a fan of the guy if the 49ers land him it would be interesting to see if Shanahan can do anything with him. The rumor is several other teams have an interest and the Seahawks don't want to let the 49ers get him. He is just a bargain basement pick-up now.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

I don’t see the Seahawks bringing him in- they are going well, and likely playing above their heads. Geno was an immature QB coming out of college- would he see this move as a threat to his job, and get angry? I wouldn’t take this chance, if I were Carroll.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don’t see the Seahawks bringing him in- they are going well, and likely playing above their heads. Geno was an immature QB coming out of college- would he see this move as a threat to his job, and get angry? I wouldn’t take this chance, if I were Carroll.

What I read was that the Seahawks may pick him up just to keep the 49ers from getting him. The two teams are in a race for the NFC West title and the truth is without Garoppolo the 49ers just are not the same team. They are up a game on the Seahawks, so I think Geno would understand why they are bringing him in. I think Smith can feel secure in the job right now because he has had a career season so far. Plus, I mean Mayfield right now must be more than a little humbled. He was let go from a Panthers team that does not have much going on at QB. He sunk from 1st pick in the draft to mostly pain in the ass. Mayfield is now on an earn it type of deal, nobody is likely to have him come in to be their starter. Unless you are a desperate team. As I understand it Mayfield would like to be a 49er. He would only have Brock Purdy in front of him and he would be on a team that is positioned to make the playoffs. If he can play well in that situation a team next year may pick him up. Not sure any team that takes him now would keep him next year.

I read a story saying the 49ers now want to keep Garoppolo and have him start in 2023 and let Lance sit another year. That surprised me, but Lance did not look ready to play when he did, and Jimmy had the team in playoff contention before getting hurt. I could not see keeping Garoppolo, Lance, and Mayfield on the same roster.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cynic says Rams trying to cement a very high draft choice, but since they're already down to what was the 4th string QB in Summer Practice I guess Mayfield might even have a chance to start
Do the Rams even have a first round pick? I thought they traded most of their early round picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks