What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think not having an agent is hurting him in these negotiations.

I think if he had an agent he would have got a deal prior to last season. An agent would have explained to him, I think, taking some big money now and then if the final couple years of the contract are not what you want, renegotiate those later. Now he is heading toward the play or not play standoff and nobody has budged on their offers or wants. It looks like he will head toward the season sitting out or trying to negotiate some kind of better deal with the Ravens. I think it has now become personal for him though, the Ravens appear dishonest to him, and he may just want to go play somewhere else. He probably would take a deal like the Ravens offered him, that he turned down, from another team. If someone pays him $45 million a season, and I think someone would, he is right there with the other franchise QBs in the league.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Odell Beckham Jr signed a 1 year deal with the Ravens. Could be $18 million, with incentives.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Wonder if that's an enticement to try and keep Jackson in the lineup under the franchise tag rather than him sitting out. "We got you a big name receiver. Don't you wanna play?"

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Packers are now saying the Jets may not have to give up a first round pick for Rodgers. Ya think? The Packers don’t have much leverage- which other team, other than the Jets can afford him, or want him? My guess is the Jets are the only viable option, and the Packers are more desperate to get rid of Aaron than the Jets are to bring him in.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wonder if that's an enticement to try and keep Jackson in the lineup under the franchise tag rather than him sitting out. "We got you a big name receiver. Don't you wanna play?"

It is. It does look like Jackson's best option now, if he wants to play football in 2023, is to sign with the Ravens. It is also the Ravens best option. The deal Lamar wants is just not on the table from any team. So, he either does a deal with Baltimore or he sits out. I do not think any other team is going to give up the compensation the Ravens want nor give Jackson the contract he is asking for. Not about to happen. After the draft he can reexamine his market but probably his best chance to move on from the Ravens is to wait until the season starts, see if a team loses a starting QB and get desperate enough to make an offer on bringing him in. This still would not result in the giant contract he wants, he'd probably be on another prove it deal, and chances are it would be short term.

Honestly, he be best forgetting all about what Watson got from the Browns and focus on what Mahomes and Allen have and work his way into that pay range.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like I won't be subscribing to NFL's Sunday Ticket. The pricing is too much for me, especially with neither of my teams not a serious SB contender.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Looks like I won't be subscribing to NFL's Sunday Ticket. The pricing is too much for me, especially with neither of my teams not a serious SB contender.

Yeah, the deal I got on the package that allows you to see and replay every game, was really the best deal for me. I think I paid about $75.00 for it. The only thing was the games were not live. However, I could look at any of them at any time all through the season, which was fun. I actually think I watched way more football with that package than I did with the Sunday Ticket package.

I am also not going to pay a big amount of money anymore for an NFL package. I will do the same deal I had last year if it remains the same, but I am not interested in paying big money to watch the games. It's just crazy. I can watch live games on the local broadcast channels at no cost, so I will just watch those for a football fix if I don't buy any of the packages.

I still love football but not enough to overpay for it.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I really enjoyed Sunday Ticket for the few years I received it free from my work, but I didn't really miss it that much last year.

The two teams I follow are Tennessee and L.A. and I was able to watch all of their games with NFL+ for $10/month. I didn't get to see them live, but they were always available within 30 min after they ended. And if I waited an hour or so I could watch a condensed replay, (every play with Time outs/halftime and commercials edited out). This came in handy for watching Sunday night games at 11:00 at night.

So $50 (sep-jan) vs 449? It'd still be a bargain at twice the price.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I am a YouTube TV subscriber, and even the reduced price for subscribers is way more than I would be willing to spend to watch probably about 10-12 Steelers games (considering the number of their games that are in prime time) . I was hoping they would offer some sort of single team deal similar to what NHL.tv used to offer when they had that contract. But Google paid $2B for the Sunday Ticket rights, so I am not surprised by their pricing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Hurts signs 255M/5 Years with 179M guaranteed.

That contract caused many people to question what Lamar Jackson has been doing. He got an offer of $250 million with more guaranteed money in it from the Ravens. He passed because he wanted all the money guaranteed. I think the number Hurts got is what Jackson should have been thrilled with. He must be going to go back to the table with the Ravens and take a deal that puts him in the Hurts ballpark now. You can't count the deal the Browns gave Watson because no team in the NFL was willing to do that deal so the Browns just made a really stupid move that other teams should not have to pay for.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Sky’s the limit for what Burrow is going to get.

Burrow is likely to ask for a massive deal based on what he has accomplished. If he wants to win games and allow the team to add talent around him, he should temper his demands. Herbert is also going to be up for a huge deal but may probably does not get what Burrow gets because he has not gone as deep into the postseason. Not on him, more on some fairly questionable coaching decisions and team injuries, but that likely makes him a bit easier to sign.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Burrow is likely to ask for a massive deal based on what he has accomplished. If he wants to win games and allow the team to add talent around him, he should temper his demands. Herbert is also going to be up for a huge deal but may probably does not get what Burrow gets because he has not gone as deep into the postseason. Not on him, more on some fairly questionable coaching decisions and team injuries, but that likely makes him a bit easier to sign.
Interesting to see if Burrow does the Lamar thing, and wants the Bengals to hurt their chances going forward by messing up their cap situation, or does the Brady thing, and takes a little less than market value, and gives his team a better chance at the Lombardi. It’s kind of funny that Burrow already is the best QB in team history, after only 3 seasons- he has half of the team’s postseason wins.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
QB's are getting expensive. $50M per year! Hurts had an excellent year, but it was only one year. Could be a good move if he keeps it up, or a disaster if this turns out to be his career year.

I think that number should be reserved for the elite QBs, of which there are probably about 10 or less. It will, however, drive up the salaries of the lesser QBs and make several of them way overpaid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks