What's new

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
if i may suggest... the cut off date to this thread should be end of September. that will leave a 3 months window for mastering and production of final product, then finalize for mass printing to be pushed to the market in December.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Any speculations on boxed sets? Series that have never before been released? Whatever Mike Mattesino is working on? Not that he's done with Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

--jthree

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The Driver, directed by Walter Hill, is one of my favorite movies and I'm pleased with my Twilight Time Blu-ray disc. However . . .

. . . I might upgrade.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, after Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Superhero, and all these other big franchises have come out on 4K, what else is there?

Jthree

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, after Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Superhero, and all these other big franchises have come out on 4K, what else is there?

Wait. Dr. Who series came out on 4K already? Not that I'd "need" anything of Dr. Who to be in 4K myself... :lol:

Did forget Tolkien.

Well, you did say "and all these other big franchises", which should include the Tolkien ones plus Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones (if including recent-ish, epic TV series), et al.

Well, offhand, the biggest one still w/ much not on 4K disc yet so far (except for the Daniel Craig ones... though they're all on 4K digital) is James Bond of course...

_Man_

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Wait. Dr. Who series came out on 4K already? Not that I'd "need" anything of Dr. Who to be in 4K myself... :lol:

No "system wide" 4K release of Dr. Who has happened. There have been three "one-shot" 4K releases, though. One of the TV Specials, "Twice Upon a Time" had a UHD release back in 2018, and in June and July this year, StudioCanal released UHDs of the two theatrical films from the 60s with Peter Cushing.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
No "system wide" 4K release of Dr. Who has happened. There have been three "one-shot" 4K releases, though. One of the TV Specials, "Twice Upon a Time" had a UHD release back in 2018, and in June and July this year, StudioCanal released UHDs of the two theatrical films from the 60s with Peter Cushing.

I mean how would you "do" Doctor Who in 4k? 85% of it is standard and in the case of the Hartnell years SUB-standard def video tape (or 16mm film copies for most surviving material pre-1973).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Well, you did say "and all these other big franchises", which should include the Tolkien ones plus Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones (if including recent-ish, epic TV series), et al.

Well, offhand, the biggest one still w/ much not on 4K disc yet so far (except for the Daniel Craig ones... though they're all on 4K digital) is James Bond of course...

_Man_

Sorry, Guess I meant to say Dr Who had boxed set collections on Blu Ray, Thank you for mentioning other franchises I forgot. Just trying to guess what series haven't received the 4K, blue ray or boxed treatment in the upcoming future.

--jthree

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks