What's new

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Love the steelbooks with the original art.
Hope it comes to USA to import (I live in Greece), because zavvi doesn't ship to my country!:(:angry:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am all in for SUPERMAN and both cuts of SUPERMAN II on 4k.

Don't yet own the first which has been out on the format for some time.

Hope they sell the second film, with both cuts, as an individual at some point. Have no taste for any of the films beyond the second one.

Or, I could wait a year for the set to drop to $40 which will be inevitable, and at that point, would be worth a purchase.

Per the Digital Bits:

And we’ve confirmed that Warner’s Superman: 5-Film Collection (1978-1987) will indeed street on 4/18 ...Our friend Jim Bowers of the excellent Caped Wonder website has also confirmed that Superman: The Movie has been newly remastered, so this presentation should be improved over the studio’s original 2018 4K release.

Good things come to those who wait.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Per the Digital Bits:

And we’ve confirmed that Warner’s Superman: 5-Film Collection (1978-1987) will indeed street on 4/18 ...Our friend Jim Bowers of the excellent Caped Wonder website has also confirmed that Superman: The Movie has been newly remastered, so this presentation should be improved over the studio’s original 2018 4K release.

Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for this information.

So, that's surprising news that SUPERMAN is getting a brand-new transfer. That puts emphasis on picking this set up or waiting for the individual releases.

Once this drops to $40...and it will...I will pick it up.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
There seem to be many 4k releases but very few from the classic era or large format.

The first rule of UHD releases: Do not release something that is

a) classic

or titles that

b) could look above average on UHD due to cinematography and/or

c) being shot large format, preferably both.

And most important: Never release a title that combines a) b) and c) ;)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Just to add to my recent post, I made a decision over new year to stop buying 4k discs on release and wait for them to be heavily discounted. I will make exceptions for favourite classic films but for most others which are upgrades, will wait. Certainly in the UK, values for second hand discs have collapsed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well this is good news, though I wonder if the remastered Superman is going to have a standalone release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I’d say it’s likely, but what do I know? 😁

The only thing that concerns me is that Warner wants people to buy the expensive boxed set.
In order to do that, they might make the remastered SUPERMAN exclusive to that set.

I am kind of shocked they are releasing a standalone of Superman II to 4k with both cuts. Bravo to Warner for that decision. But, also release SUPERMAN as a standalone and there's no reason for most people to want the boxed set. The other films are pretty much garbage. Of course, my opinion.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay...

So, the U.K. is seeing all the SUPERMAN films being released to 4k as standalone titles.

That means, for certain, the U.S. will as well. Runtime is 143 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks