What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (3 Viewers)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Did anyone notice a new style of camera shot? Between plays a shot of a single player or sideline reporter would have the background blurred out. It really game the shot some punch. I’ve not noticed it before.
They were doing that last season, too.

It's only Week 1, so way too early to make predictions after just one game.

That being said, the Steelers appear to be what I expected. Very solid defensively, but a suspect offensive line. Next week's game against the Raiders will tell us more. Can that OL open some holes for the rookie RB and do a better job protecting Ben?

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Rivera should stay away from Watson- that team hasn’t had a clue about building from the ground up, and building a team that will last. Rivera should keep his assets, and keep building. It drives me nuts that teams are so desperate for a QB with a pulse that they’ll mortgage the future.

Well, according to Rivera he loves Taylor Heinicke and the team is now his. Fitzpatrick is likely gone a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks if he ever comes back. Rumor is the injury is bad.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
A wild finish tonight for a Raiders win, but I still think it's going to be a disappointing season for Raiders fans.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, according to Rivera he loves Taylor Heinicke and the team is now his. Fitzpatrick is likely gone a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks if he ever comes back. Rumor is the injury is bad.
A gutsy move, going with a rookie. Better they do this than to give away the farm to get Watson though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A wild finish tonight for a Raiders win, but I still think it's going to be a disappointing season for Raiders fans.
I thought for sure they were done in usual Raiders' fashion after the touchdown was overturned and Carr threw the interception in the end zone. They got very lucky to get the ball back after that.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

Great opening win for the Raiders even though it got messy at the end. They hung in and pulled it out. Is it just me or does Gruden look like a raving lunatic on the sidelines. He seemed to be shouting into his microphone nonstop every time they cut to him. He also looks like he is eating well...or is that a lot...in Vegas.

Taking down the Ravens is a good start of the season and basically, I thought they outplayed the Ravens and interestingly Gruden out coached Harbaugh. It was not exactly pretty but it gave the Raiders something to build on.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I thought for sure they were done in usual Raiders' fashion after the touchdown was overturned and Carr threw the interception in the end zone. They got very lucky to get the ball back after that.

That was quite a dramatic and messy ending but I thought the Ravens made a ton of mistakes in that debacle. Basically, I would feel better as a Raiders fan than I would as a Ravens fan after that game. Not just because the Raiders won but that they, even with their own mistakes, outplayed the Ravens.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
A gutsy move, going with a rookie. Better they do this than to give away the farm to get Watson though.

I don't know who would trade for Watson at this point. He is a franchise QB with a lot of legal issues pending. I don't think he is a guy you bring in just because a starter goes down, you bring him in to be your QB going forward. Due to the fact that Washington does not have much at QB, he seems like he would be a fit there if they wanted to pay the price. I don't think there are a lot of landing spots for him now. Teams that were interested like the Dolphins, Panthers, and Broncos have begun their seasons on a positive note and so don't seem likely to trade away a pile of draft choices to get him.

I think he would make sense going to a team like the Falcons or Lions if they could send their current starter along in the deal. If they could swap out Ryan for Watson or Goff for Watson that would make sense for those teams. However, there have been no rumblings that the Falcons or Lions have any interest. The Redskins obviously have very little going on at QB and were in a transition year with Fitzpatrick as they looked for the new QB. I guess Rivera will test drive Heinicke first. He does know the system and so they plug him right in. However, it seems like a real longshot Heinicke is the long term solution there.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
That was quite a dramatic and messy ending but I thought the Ravens made a ton of mistakes in that debacle. Basically, I would feel better as a Raiders fan than I would as a Ravens fan after that game. Not just because the Raiders won but that they, even with their own mistakes, outplayed the Ravens.
As a Raiders fan I don't feel better as I think the Raiders will be mediocre again this season. Jon Gruden is just awful and their front office stinks with first round draft choices. They will again finish with a below .500 record.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and see the Raiders had pulled out the game -- a Ravens loss is a victory for the Steelers ;) . I only saw the first half -- watched it from a bar on Mackinac Island -- and I just assumed that Baltimore would win. Hopefull Vegas (it's still odd to call them that) shot their wad last night and they don't have much in the tank next week when they travel to Pittsburgh.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Steelers defense looked great in Buffalo, the offense, not so much but the Bills also have a solid defense. The Raiders offense I do not think is as talented as the Bills offense so I expect the Raiders to have a tougher game against the Steelers than they had against the Ravens.

I certainly give the Steelers the edge in the game but if the Raiders can keep the game close, they have a shot.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Seems the Urban Meyer experiment is not going well.

“There have been repeated issues with other coaches on staff, with Meyer’s temper and lack of familiarity with the ebbs and flows of the NFL calendar rubbing the Jacksonville Jaguars staff and players the wrong way, the sources said. There is a disconnect at times between the members of the staff with extensive pro experience and those who lack it, and morale has suffered as the outbursts have continued. His fiery remarks to players and coaches after games have already struck many as bizarre.”

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sounds like the typical college coach trying to coach an NFL team like a college team. Never works well, and the coach is usually out pretty quickly.

These are grown men already at the big show, making millions. The coach has relatively little power over them unless he wants to cut them and payout the balance of their contracts. He doesn't wield the power to "hold their future in his hands" as he does at the college level, where they have little choice but to put up with the coach's blustering if they have any hopes of making it to the NFL. These guys are already there. All his histrionics can do is alienate them, and they'll tune him out for the season while collecting their pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbazabba
Recent bookmarks