What's new

2020 iPad and iPhone anticipations! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Based on rumors, my buying strategies are now:

if it’s...
  • iPad Pro 11” ver 2 at $800 with 64GB storage, I’ll buy at launch
  • iPad Pro 11” with new trackpad keyboard for $800, I buy the iPad but hold off on reviews of the keyboard before buying. Possibly until iOS 14 if the trackpad at launch is limited in functionality
  • iPad Pro 11” Super Pro with 3 cameras for $1000+, I stay with my iPad and see what happens this Fall
  • iPad Pro 13”, and no 11”, I stay with my iPad and see what happens this Fall

That’s about the sum of the rumors I think. And as my travel is on hold, the pressure to buy a new iPad is also eased for now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
New AppleTV and new remote for it. I hope it's what I want but I'm prepared to have all my hopes and dreams dashed upon the rocks of Apple's weird attitude towards couch-centric UX and also high-end audio-video devices.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/03/20/apple-to-launch-ipad-pro-mini-led-late-2020/

Continued rumors for a micro-LED 12.9" iPad? A commenter at macrumors notes this feels like it's going to be an iPad 3->iPad 4 year, what with the stopgap A12Z in the new iPad Pro and the rumors for a microLED and A13 or A14 model it the Fall.

Boy, with these rumors and the ARM Mac expected this year ... it feels like something big's afoot. By now with coronavirus, is it really Fall 2020? Is it Spring 2021? Was it ever really Fall 2020 and always planned for Spring 2021?

Spring 2021 just feels better to me. Why piss off people who bought the new hotness six months earlier? Why steal iPhone 12 mindshare and promo heat? Can it be ready for holiday sales? If it's top end A14 powered, can always limited production support new iPads and new iPhones?

So! Interesting! So much smoke, there's got to be a fire! :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I update almost yearly on most of my Apple hardware.

However, micro-LED and WiFi 6 are the two absolute must inclusions for anything I buy in the future.

My next big hardware purchases with these incorporated would be the iPhone and Macbook Pro.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Dave,

I don't know where you are in buying this.

It's easier for me to say "Wait!"

You are in a totally different position than me. I have the 2018 model and I always saw this new one as a spec bump rather than anything revolutionary.

We do know that a micro-LED model is forthcoming. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you.

However, the problem right now, if it was to be released in the fall, is Apple discussing not releasing any new products at that time due to coronavirus. We may not see any new iPhones or iPads until next year.

I know everything you buy from Apple is outdated within a year. However, the long-term wait may be more worthwhile if you are absolutely not in a rush to get a new iPad.

On the other hand, there are reviews saying this is the best iPad Apple has made and you should buy it right away.

Tough choice.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If life were normal, I’d buy today. I’d be traveling cross country monthly. I’d use it every evening. Even if outdated in six months, it would be worth it to me.

But life isn’t normal. I’m not traveling. I’m not spending $1000 on an unnecessary toy right now.

So I wait.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think my 2019 guesstimate on 2020 trade-in value for my iPhone 8+ just got flattened by a passing bus called iPhone SE :(

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks