What's new

2020 Golden Globes nominations. (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Actually, I read on Deadline, I think it was, that the Globes would start late and then air in their entirety if the football game runs over. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Actually, I read on Deadline, I think it was, that the Globes would start late and then air in their entirety if the football game runs over. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.
Well then I stand corrected if that happens.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Globes will start on time. If the game is running late, it will switch over to one of the NBC sports stations.
I believe the game will have priority on NBC, considering the money they pay for NFL rights and the larger viewing audience. Plus, the NFL is not going to allow their TV partners to shuttle their product to a secondary channel. I believe NBC's promos for the GG has even stated such, something like "Sunday night, after conclusion of the NFC playoff game."

Chances are the game will be over, but we did have one game yesterday that went into overtime, and it looks like Saints/Vikings is also now going to overtime.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's also worth noting that airing behind a big football game will benefit the Globes because they will have a big lead-in, so there might be a resulting ratings uptick. I'm sure this is worth it to NBC to start the Globes late, if need be.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Anyone not surprised by Missing Link winning Best Animated Feature?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anyone not surprised by Missing Link winning Best Animated Feature?

Surprised, yes, but very pleased. The Lion King is the only nominee in that category that I would have objected to, as the other four are all wonderful films. But Laika keeps getting nominated for things and losing, and it is quite satisfying to see them get recognized, especially since it will bring more attention to a delightful film that badly needs it. What a wonderful surprise.

At the rate Laika is going, with each of their films grossing less than the last one, I've been worried that they will eventually get to a point where they can't make another one. If the Globe win brings them more attention and keeps them alive, that's especially valuable and terrific. The movie also happens to be terrific.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The "Melt him with your scary laser" clip clip from Toy Story was a very strange choice of clip from that franchise for Hanks' clip package. It's not a bad moment in context of the movie, but out of context of the movie, there are so many more iconic scenes with Woody from that series.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Looking over the list of winners, I don't see any ringers here. These seem like intelligent selections worthy of their honors. The quality of nominees in many of the categories was absurdly high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks