What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Eagles defensive coach using a Lb to cover Claypool at the end of the game there is something that should get a coach fired.
The 57 yard FG attempt wasn't too bright, either. The longest FG in Heinz Field history is only 53 yards. It's probably the league's toughest stadium for kicking field goals. I was shocked when I saw them attempt the kick. I figured they would go for it on 4th down.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How bizarre that this happens an hour or so after Alex Smith makes his first appearance in a game since his injury

EDIT: And Russell Wilson proves he's a freaking magician -- 94 yrds with 2 minutes and 1 timeout converting 2 4th downs.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I only watched a little of that Dallas - Giants game, but had the sound muted and was on the phone with my mother when that Prescott injury happened (she had the game on, too). My wife also happened to be in the room at the time. All three of us were affected by that brutal turn of the ankle. You could immediately tell that it was very serious and that Dak's season was over. I just hate to see things like that happen, regardless of which teams I may like or dislike. Hopefully he has a complete recovery.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I only watched a little of that Dallas - Giants game, but had the sound muted and was on the phone with my mother when that Prescott injury happened (she had the game on, too). My wife also happened to be in the room at the time. All three of us were affected by that brutal turn of the ankle. You could immediately tell that it was very serious and that Dak's season was over. I just hate to see things like that happen, regardless of which teams I may like or dislike. Hopefully he has a complete recovery.
As soon as saw his leg, I knew he dislocated the ankle because his foot was turned sideways and then I saw the bone sticking out which meant he had a compound fracture. I'm actually surprised such injuries don't occur more often with how big and strong these players are today and how they're tackled to the ground in awkward body positions.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I still don't think my Raiders are nothing more than a 8-8 or 7-9 team, but I'm proud of how they battled a much more talented team. When Carr threw that interception early in the game, I text my brother as to how much of a blowout this game was going to be. However, though, I have some reservations about Carr, he played very well yesterday. Man, that freaking Mahomes is good! The Raiders defensive line doesn't pressure the QB enough, but they had Mahomes running for his life, particularly in the second half. The dude is a magician and the same with Russell Wilson as I watched that game too. They are clearly the two best QB's in the NFL.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
As soon as saw his leg, I knew he dislocated the ankle because his foot was turned sideways and then I saw the bone sticking out which meant he had a compound fracture. I'm actually surprised such injuries don't occur more often with how big and strong these players are today and how they're tackled to the ground in awkward body positions.
I happened to record that game so I went back and looked at the play again. It was still gruesome and hard to watch. They did a couple replays and and showed a closeup of the foot as Zak lay on the ground. That foot and ankle were at angles not meant to happen, but I could see no bone. There was a bulge in his sock that could have been bone that pierced the leg but not the sock.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I happened to record that game so I went back and looked at the play again. It was still gruesome and hard to watch. They did a couple replays and and showed a closeup of the foot as Zak lay on the ground. That foot and ankle were at angles not meant to happen, but I could see no bone. There was a bulge in his sock that could have been bone that pierced the leg but not the sock.
That bulge in his sock was what I was talking about because it meant he had a compound fracture.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Jets have released LeVeon Bell. That signing certainly didn't go well for either party. I wonder if Bell regrets not listening to his agent and accepting the Steelers offer instead of sitting out the season and then ending up signing in NY for less money. I know this Steelers fan is happy that Bell turned them down. The team is better off without him and Antonio Brown in the locker room.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I think the Steelers are doing just fine. Bell is on his way to becoming toxic to teams, just like Antonio Brown. More attitude than talent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I think the Steelers are doing just fine. Bell is on his way to becoming toxic to teams, just like Antonio Brown. More attitude than talent.
He just signed with the Chiefs and I expect him to behave himself as he's now with one of the best organizations in the NFL with perhaps the best QB. He could be very useful to Maholmes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We'll see. Mahomes likes to do a lot of his own running. If Bell's feelings get hurt and he doesn't feel he's being utilized properly, I foresee more passive-aggressive tweeting in his future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks