What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Im not a Texans fans, but Im pretty sure one of OBrien's genius GM moves was trading away their 2021 first round draft pick for Tunsil.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
About this attendance issue- Goodell and the owners should have agreed to make it fair for everybody- no fans at all. The idea of some teams are allowed to have fans and others are not is ridiculous and unfair, from both a competitive and economic standpoint. Goodell comes across as a bigger ass with each passing day.
With the league's revenue sharing model, gate receipts are shared, so economically all teams benefit when there are fans in the stands at just a subset of the stadiums.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
With the league's revenue sharing model, gate receipts are shared, so economically all teams benefit when there are fans in the stands at just a subset of the stadiums.
Wow- that’s something I didn’t know- ticket revenue is also shared. Is team merchandise also shared? I’d think parking and concessions aren’t shared.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow- that’s something I didn’t know- ticket revenue is also shared. Is team merchandise also shared? I’d think parking and concessions aren’t shared.
Merchandise sales are shared too because the league negotiates such deals. By the way ticket sales are shared, but only 40% of such sales with the remaining 60% for the home team.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, parking and concessions aren't shared across the NFL, but are shared by the home team and whomever owns the stadium. So it's possible that a team receives all of that revenue like Jerry Jones in Dallas because he owns the stadium and the company that does the concessions too. Another thing, local corporate sponsorship revenues remain with the home team because the local teams negotiate those deals.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
About ticket revenue being shared- this bails out lousy owners like Mike Brown. He barely draws flies to the stadium due to a consistently substandard product, and he still gets a piece of other team’s draw? Where’s the pressure or incentive to win for cheap owners who care more about the bottom line than winning? Brown is a poster board for this.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
About ticket revenue being shared- this bails out lousy owners like Mike Brown. He barely draws flies to the stadium due to a consistently substandard product, and he still gets a piece of other team’s draw? Where’s the pressure or incentive to win for cheap owners who care more about the bottom line than winning? Brown is a poster board for this.
The NFL is setup so that no matter how incompetent of an owner you are, it's impossible not to make money. The league is a cash cow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It looks like the Broncos/Patriots game has been postponed again until next Sunday due to another Patriot person testing positive this morning.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
It looks like the Broncos/Patriots game has been postponed again until next Sunday due to another Patriot person testing positive this morning.
Seems to me, as the year progresses and the bye weeks can’t be juggled, it will be difficult to get the schedule played on time if positive tests keep popping up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Seems to me, as the year progresses and the bye weeks can’t be juggled, it will be difficult to get the schedule played on time if positive tests keep popping up.
I'm sure the NFL is aware of that and has contingency plans all set like playing a reduced game schedule.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Maybe a Belichick plot: ;)

Belichick: "Cam needs another week to recover, and our backup quarterbacking has sucked."

Looks around the room and points to a ball boy

"You, go get Covid."

NFL: Game postponed.

Evil genius.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I can foresee an 18th week being added before the playoffs begin to handle the games that cannot be rescheduled otherwise. The NFL could eliminate the extra week off between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

Belichick: "Cam needs another week to recover, and our backup quarterbacking has sucked."

"You, go get Covid."

Evil genius.
He’d better hope the league don’t find out about this plot. :wacko:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

"You, go get Covid."

Evil genius.
I don't know about other places, but around here when you're discussing the NFL, if you refer to a team simply as "The Cheaters" everyone knows exactly who you're referring to.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don't know about other places, but around here when you're discussing the NFL, if you refer to a team simply as "The Cheaters" everyone knows exactly who you're referring to.
Much like a certain baseball team going forward.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Lots of milestones with the Steelers win today:

• First time since 1979 the team has started 4-0 (longest drought in NFL)
  • Broke a 23 game streak of scoring fewer than 30 points in a game (NFL's longest current streak)
  • Chase Claypool sets a team record for a rookie with 4 touchdowns
It was a bizarre game. A couple of horrible pass interference calls (one each way), some questionable coaching on both sides -- Steelers failing to double cover WR Fulgham, who seemed to be the only receiver Wentz was throwing to, Steelers constantly running on first down, even though they couldn't run the ball. Philly attempting a late 57 yard FG at kicker unfriendly Heinz Field, Philly trying to cover Claypool with a linebacker on his final, game-clinching TD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Eagles defensive coach using a Lb to cover Claypool at the end of the game there is something that should get a coach fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks