What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, Covid-19 has just hit the NFL. Titans shutdown their facility after multiple Covid positives. The same with the Vikings. Somebody didn't follow protocol.
The NFL players and coaches need to take their Covid protocols more seriously, otherwise, it could lead to some chaos as far as practicing and playing games as scheduled.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Titans - Steelers game scheduled for this weekend is being rescheduled due to several positive covid tests by Tennessee players. It looks like the NFL will luck out in the rescheduling department, as they can slide the game into Week 7, which was Tennessee's bye week. The Steelers bye was in Week 8, and will now play the Ravens then. That game was originally scheduled for Week 7, and Baltimore had a bye Week 8. Their bye will now move to Week 7.

So, the league only needed to move one other game to accommodate this situation. I cannot image they will be this lucky if they have to do it again.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If the Titans had no additional cases, they likely would have just pushed it to Monday or Tuesday. Since they've had additional positives through the week, there was not much choice this time. I just hope the Steelers don't feel like they're being punished for the Titans' lack of vigilance.

Are the Raiders next? There are reports of several players unmasked at a fundraiser earlier this week with a number of people present.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Adam Gase was an outstanding OC, but his failure as a head coach is on him. He needs to grow the hell up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adam Gase was an outstanding OC, but his failure as a head coach is on him. He needs to grow the hell up.
He should have gone for that first down on that fourth down and less than a yard. When he didn't and with a 0-3 team, his conservatism just showed me he was trying not to lose this game instead of trying to win it. He's got to go! However, I wouldn't make a change mid-season.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm talking more about the pettiness at the end of the game. Calling time outs, not accepting that he lost the game and nothing was going to change that. Fangio was pissed.

What an absurd game...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to COVID.

oops... Scott beat me to it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Reportedly, Cam Newton is Covid-19 positive which means he won't be able to play on Sunday. You have to wonder if other players will become positive before Sunday which will postpone that game against the Chiefs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Patriots at Chiefs game will probably be postponed as they await more test results involving other players and Patriot's personnel.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I said it before, But I’ll say it again. I question whether this season will be completed. Only time will tell.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think teams need to get their players and personnel into bubbles in their individual cities. Otherwise, these outbreaks will continue to happen.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Per ESPN:

Although quarterback Cam Newton has tested positive for the coronavirus, the New England Patriots will play the Chiefs on Monday night in Kansas City.

The game, which was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon, will kick off at 7:05 p.m. ET and air on CBS. The Falcons-Packers Monday Night Football game will begin at 8:50 p.m. on ESPN.

The Pats-Chiefs plan is contingent on negative COVID-19 tests. Teams don't usually test on game days, but sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that both teams will be tested Monday morning. Patriots players were tested Sunday morning and all the tests came back negative, according to sources.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brady and Brees win

Cleveland and Cincy win on the same day

Cowboys continue to be bizarre -- gives up 300 rushing, Dak passes for 500yds. Cowboys only win was the Falcons giveaway game and they could be 4-0 or 0-4 without much change at all. 1-3 start and they are tied for the lead in the NFC East

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
An interesting fact I just read, from the fallout on another Detroit Lions loss:

The Lions have now lost 6 consecutive games in which they led by 10+ points, the longest such streak in NFL history.

Another fact: Head Coach Matt Patricia has lost 12 of his last 13 games, despite having a lead in all but one of them.

Time for a contract extension, Fords. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
An interesting fact I just read, from the fallout on another Detroit Lions loss:

The Lions have now lost 6 consecutive games in which they led by 10+ points, the longest such streak in NFL history.

Another fact: Head Coach Matt Patricia has lost 12 of his last 13 games, despite having a lead in all but one of them.

Time for a contract extension, Fords. :laugh:
I hated that hire of Patricia from day 1. When he showed up to hype week for Super Bowl 51 wearing a Goodell clown nose T shirt, that should have immediately taken him off of the head coach interview list- Patricia is himself a clown.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Here's a question, since I rarely watch the team play. If the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick and select Trevor Lawrence, is Sam Darnold able to be resurrected as a QB prospect if he's then traded elsewhere?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The Texans fired Bill O'Brien. Not surprising after their 0-4 start, and after some questionable moves in the offseason.

I never was a big Bill O'Brien fan, and when he traded away DeAndre Hopkins it was time for him to go. Some horrible decisions involving the draft and Texans' roster. Maybe O'Brien can land a spot with the Lions? :)

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here's a question, since I rarely watch the team play. If the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick and select Trevor Lawrence, is Sam Darnold able to be resurrected as a QB prospect if he's then traded elsewhere?
If that happens, I hope Jon Gruden trades for him. Darnold has been a victim of some poor NFL coaching experiences and upheaval. The Jets organization has been run almost as poorly as the Lions.;) Another example of poor ownership and how that fanbase is doomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks