2020-2021 NFL Season

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Denver must really be bad. They are 0 and 3. 2 of the losses were at home where they have, arguably, the largest home field advantage in the NFL: the altitude. I guess some of their home edge is missing since they don’t have a packed stadium. Still, 0 and 3?

Now if the Voldemorts beat them in Denver, then we’ll know they really do stink.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Damn, Mahomes is really a great QB which is sad news for this Raiders fan. With that said, I enjoy watching him play QB.
Mahomes is definitely the entire package -- he's mobile, has a strong & accurate arm, and is really smart with great vision. It's scary when you think about it. As long as KC keeps surrounding him with quality offensive players, he's going to be next to impossible to stop.

Reactions: John Dirk

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Well, Covid-19 has just hit the NFL. Titans shutdown their facility after multiple Covid positives. The same with the Vikings. Somebody didn't follow protocol.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, Covid-19 has just hit the NFL. Titans shutdown their facility after multiple Covid positives. The same with the Vikings. Somebody didn't follow protocol.
Well, now we get to see how they deal with that. Do both of those teams suspend play for 14 days now?

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Seahawks win again in heart attack fashion... Wilson sets a new record for the most touch downs in the first 3 games and on a path to 73 for the year. Which won't happen as our defense has suffered losses as well, and gives up passing yards in droves.

Tough to see the Covid news this morning hopefully they can get a handle on it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, now we get to see how they deal with that. Do both of those teams suspend play for 14 days now?
I doubt it. They'll just quarantine the positives, keep testing everyone else, and sanitize the facilities. With regard to players, teams can make roster changes until just hours before kickoff if they need to replace any that have been quarantined.

Now if the positives continue to spread over the next couple days, then there might be a bigger issue. But if they've successfully quarantined it, the disruption should be minimal.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mahomes is definitely the entire package -- he's mobile, has a strong & accurate arm, and is really smart with great vision. It's scary when you think about it. As long as KC keeps surrounding him with quality offensive players, he's going to be next to impossible to stop.
Mahomes really is something, but he also seems to be consistently lucky. At least it looks that way. I've never seen anyone who can be at a full sprint, chuck the ball across the field and come away smelling like roses.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Mahomes really is something, but he also seems to be consistently lucky. At least it looks that way. I've never seen anyone who can be at a full sprint, chuck the ball across the field and come away smelling like roses.
Name me a great NFL QB that hasn't been very lucky?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think that's more talent than luck.
I tend to agree. Because he does it over and over. What my actual point was is that it's so "out there" that it can appear to be more luck than skill.

There's the old quote that "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity". This is a similar situation, with an enormous amount of skill added in.

Reactions: Scott Merryfield

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I tend to agree. Because he does it over and over. What my actual point was is that it's so "out there" that it can appear to be more luck than skill.

There's the old quote that "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity". This is a similar situation, with an enormous amount of skill added in.
I wouldn't make that point as he's that good. Now, as he gets older and loses some of his athletic ability, some of those throws might become off target.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unlucky would be all 9 teams that drafted other players when they could have taken Mahomes. Though who's to say if he'd be as good on some of these sad sack teams without Andy Reid's guidance:

1601403270216.png

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Name me a great NFL QB that hasn't been very lucky?
Both Brady and Montana would fall into that "very lucky" category -- very smart QBs with great tools who were fortunate enough to fall into perfect situations with exceptional coaches. Had Tom Brady been drafted by the Lions or Jets, for example, nobody other than we University of Michigan fans may have ever heard of him.

Mahomes and Reid seem to be made for each other, too. And give John Harbaugh credit for completely changing his offense around Lamar Jackson's unique talents. The majority of coaches try to fit the player into their system, instead of adjusting their system to what they have to work with (Mike Martz is probably the best example of this I can think of off the top of my head).

Reactions: Johnny Angell

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expoproof12