What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Any of you guys catch the Fox 4K broadcast yesterday?
I've gone back and forth between the regular Fox channel and 4K channel through my Fios cable on select games this year (both NFL and college).

The 4K feed is always darker looking but the graphics look sharper, although I can really only tell by getting right up to the TV to notice. It's not worth the tradeoff to watch the 4K.

Where I have noticed a difference is when Fox uses the 8K cameras, usually during touchdown celebrations.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Teams looking for a new HC would love to see the Steelers fire Tomlin.
Yeah, the Steelers are not firing Tomlin. I could see changes at the offensive coordinator position. The offensive line is getting old and needs a lot of rebuilding. And the team needs to finally think about a replacement at QB. Big Ben has one year left on his contract, and there is a lot of dead salary against the cap if they let him go. They will be drafting too late in the 1st round to get a top prospect, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

As for the game, I shut it off in the 1st quarter. It was a horrible performance, and I just couldn't watch the train wreck. They were not going to beat Buffalo next week if they hadn't imploded versus Cleveland, anyway, and this way I didn't have to stay up late watching a crapfest.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wentz will be staying.
From the buzz around here is that Wentz and Pederson had a huge falling out.

Plus many questionable coaching decisions by Pederson

this isn’t a surprise.

The real problem is keeping Hiwie Roseman as GM.
More in that later.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wentz will be staying.
From the buzz around here is that Wentz and Pederson had a huge falling out.

Plus many questionable coaching decisions by Pederson

this isn’t a surprise.

The real problem is keeping Hiwie Roseman as GM.
More in that later.
Yeah, Roseman has some culpability because that roster had some serious issues.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Roseman should have been the first to go. The pressure is all on Wentz going forward- some will think Wentz got Pederson fired, so if Wentz doesn’t win soon, who’s he going to blame next?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Anybody hear about the Colts replacement lineman (Jared Veldheer) who played in the loss to the Bills, and will suit up for the Packers this weekend? He’ll be the first player in NFL history to play for two teams in the same postseason. I think this smells a little bit rancid- the league should have rules to prohibit this.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Anybody hear about the Colts replacement lineman (Jared Veldheer) who played in the loss to the Bills, and will suit up for the Packers this weekend? He’ll be the first player in NFL history to play for two teams in the same postseason. I think this smells a little bit rancid- the league should have rules to prohibit this.

Considering how teams sometimes have to scramble at the end of the year to fill holes due to injuries (and this year add in covid), I don't really have an issue with it. They have to find replacements somewhere. Heck, sometimes teams will grab players waived by a rival before they play that rival just to get some insight into a game plan. That is certainly not the case here, as the Packers are not playing the Colts (or Bills).

Other sports lock rosters before the playoffs start, but the NFL never has. Considering that the sport generates a lot more injuries, I understand why that is the case.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Considering how teams sometimes have to scramble at the end of the year to fill holes due to injuries (and this year add in covid), I don't really have an issue with it. They have to find replacements somewhere. Heck, sometimes teams will grab players waived by a rival before they play that rival just to get some insight into a game plan. That is certainly not the case here, as the Packers are not playing the Colts (or Bills).
Maybe your point is valid about COVID affecting availability of players.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are rules in place, but Veldheer was able to avoid those restrictions because he was on the Colts practice squad that got elevated for just that one playoff game because of Covid and injuries.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
There are rules in place, but Veldheer was able to avoid those restrictions because he was on the Colts practice squad that got elevated for just that one playoff game because of Covid and injuries.
So a practice squad player isn’t considered to be property of a team? This would be a logical answer to how a player can just go to another team before the league year is over.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So a practice squad player isn’t considered to be property of a team? This would be a logical answer to how a player can just go to another team before the league year is over.
A practice squad player can leave an organization and sign with another team if that team offers him a regular roster spot.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, the Steelers are not firing Tomlin. I could see changes at the offensive coordinator position. The offensive line is getting old and needs a lot of rebuilding. And the team needs to finally think about a replacement at QB. Big Ben has one year left on his contract, and there is a lot of dead salary against the cap if they let him go. They will be drafting too late in the 1st round to get a top prospect, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

As for the game, I shut it off in the 1st quarter. It was a horrible performance, and I just couldn't watch the train wreck. They were not going to beat Buffalo next week if they hadn't imploded versus Cleveland, anyway, and this way I didn't have to stay up late watching a crapfest.
Well, that shoe dropped today.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not impressed by Urban Meyer's hire for OC with the Jaguars. Scott Linehan, please. Frankly, I don't even like the Meyer hire for the same reasons already stated in this thread.

I like the HC hire for the Jets, Robert Saleh and apparently he's bringing the Packers HC brother to be be the Jets OC Mike LaFleur.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I place the over/under at 2.5 years until Urban Meyer resigns from Jacksonville for "health reasons". The only question will be whether the real reason will be due to failure on the field, or off field issues (as happened at Florida and Ohio State). The Jaguars are fools to pay him $12M per year. The guy is a d-bag.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I place the over/under at 2.5 years until Urban Meyer resigns from Jacksonville for "health reasons". The only question will be whether the real reason will be due to failure on the field, or off field issues (as happened at Florida and Ohio State). The Jaguars are fools to pay him $12M per year. The guy is a d-bag.
I doubt he lasts that long. As soon as he finds he doesn't have the same level of power over highly-paid grown men that he has over unpaid college students, he'll either leave or the locker room will turn against him and he'll be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks